Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they were doing a major free update, what would you want to see?

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    toggles to turn off certain content in the game like selected supernatural life states and ghost
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    toggles to turn off certain content in the game like selected supernatural life states and ghost

honestly we should have toggles for everything and I don't understand the team's opposition to them
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • PorstPorst Posts: 4 New Member
    I figured cars were a major want, but personally I'd LOVE to see additions to expansion packs like get famous and pets; The reason I say this is because they're almost.... unfinished, Sims 3 Had better game play then Sims 4 Pets.. They had horses, we even had to buy a pack JUST FOR HAMSTERS....... I'd also like to see a color wheel ;/
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Also if they can make lounge chairs they can also make strollers and swings.

I am 100% sure they can, question is however; will they ever make strollers?

I would absolutely love to have a Generations type of pack in the future. (I don't count Parenthood even remotely close to Generations) It was one of my favorite Sims 3 Packs. They can include hobbies with that one too.

Well first I remember a guru said they can't make a swing but now we have swings also they said about lounge chairs but now we have lounge chairs so making a stroller is not really hard I don't think. Yeah I liked the little take a stroll in Sims 3 I can see that happening in Sims 4 someone just pushing a stroller around the neighborhood even townies can push a stroller I'll think that's so cute.
  • MarvinKoshMarvinKosh Posts: 20 Member
    A major 'just clearing out all the bugs that have accumulated like spiders in a disused garden shed' update would be great in my book.
  • jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    I want swimming in lakes and ocean for all towns, free the babies, better plant sims, and then preteens(kinda).
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2019
    whims being on by default new whims
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    freed babies
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    bunk beds
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Ladders
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Bugs fixed, the game is really broken right now. After that, new stairs? Matching windows? More hairs? So many things possible, but bug fixes come first.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited July 2019
    The two main free updates I would like to see are 1) ‘freed’ babies. I want to be able to put them on a sofa or blanket on the floor, change their clothes, sit with them on a sofa, rock them in a rocking chair, sit down to nurse them, put them in bed with you, put them in a stroller to take them places, use a baby swing and baby mat, and play with them with toys.(some of this could come in a stuff pack that is not free). And, 2) cars with venues for them like a filling station and a car wash and a mini market combo. Even a stuff pack for them with all types of cars in the pack from tractors to military vehicles, a spy car for our spy an old pickup truck for our farmers, sports cars for the Landgrabs beat up cars for poorer sims, a Range Rover for our archeologist, mini vans for our soccer moms, etc. then we could have a mechanic career and our sims could tinker with fixing up cars too.

I would like to see some things others have mentioned too like birds, but I would like to see a small pet pack with a pet store...(budgies, cockateel, parrot, love birds, lizards, snakes, tarantula, rabbits, ferret). The animals don’t have to have huge cages, or terrariums, but we should be able to feed them, clean their cages, and play and talk to them).) And I think we should be able to sell cats and dogs and their toys ( if we have the cats and dogs expansion) as well from our pet store, a perfect time to give us a free doghouse and some comfier dog beds.

Preteens would be a nice edition, and I would love to see things like zodiac signs affecting sims, and a like and dislike system. I would love to see a better memory system for sims too.
  • XxSupremesassouxXXxSupremesassouxX Posts: 38 Member
    You don't know how many times me and my best friend have been begging for preteens we need them
    Preteens
    More hair colors
    free the babies
    Favorite system even though i never played the sims 3 i watched lots of lets plays
    Zodiac signs especially since we have seasons
    and bunk beds you know how many times i have to make a room bigger for my one hundred baby challenge just give us bunk beds please that's all i ask of you please
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Whims update and fixes (Get Married doesn't seem to work for me, some whims appear at silly times or when they make no sense (mentioned already), having whims affected more by current emotion/situation, etc.)
    Spiral stairs, ladders, and possibly L- and U-shaped stairs
    Body hair
    Some truly long hair for females (waist-long) and more facial hair styles for males
    'Unbreakable' upgrades actually making stereo unbreakable
    Favorite food and color would be nice (I used favorite color to build outfits around them in TS3)
    Adjustable sleep time (waking sim up 1hr or 2hr before work time, setting up "wake up" time for other situation so sims don't get up at 4:15 when their job/school starts at 8:00)
    Updates to the ocean in other worlds to allow swimming and fish traps
    Fixes to cleaning up dishes (ignoring some for no reason at all)
    Bonehilda
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • abbyblueflowerabbyblueflower Posts: 15 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > -A Chemistry system such as Sims 2 had with turn ons and turn offs.
    > -The ability to create babies and pregnancies in CAS
    > -Waterproofing for computers at the Geekcon festival
    > -Festivals showing in the Seasons calendar
    > -New hair colours
    > -Toddlers allowed to join clubs parent and toddler groups would be perfect
    > -Fear emotion
    > -Spiral staircases
    > -Bunk beds
    > -More "ordinary" careers that we had in previous games such as Law, Psychiatry, Architect etc. Part-time jobs for adults (I use mods for some of this stuff but even so!)

I don't care much for the Chemistry system.
    The ability to create babies and pregnancies in CAS sounds good.
    Putting the Greekcon festival under a tent would be awesome.
    Festivals in Seasons calendar would be wonderful!
    New and varied hair colors would be fantastic.
    Fear Emotion sounds interesting.
    Spiral staircases and bunk beds would be a major plus.
    Great List! :)
    > @Simmingal said:
    > 1. Stairs: Spiral Stairs, Ladder and ones with multiple landings
    > 2. couple dance just... add one at least
    > 3. yeah fixing '' i heard you became friends with someone i don't even know but they are cool'' texts preferably get rid of them all together
    > 4. possibility to add wall colors to ceilings also because it just looks so off at times
    > 5. split level
    > 6. ability to hire more services daily because i think it be rather fabulous to have cook for my sims that doesn't need to be hired every day separately (like ok there is butlers if u have that pack but i want more staff)
    >
    > 7. fix that family tree/family member thing i don't want to smash inside family because i forgot sims are distant relatives and also I want to see whole tree at once no matter who I tap
    > 8. yes to firefighters and burglars
    > 9. imaginary friends would be so sweet tho i used them all the time and idk what pack them fit anymore
    > 10. having the festival music for normal stereo channels
    > 11. less happiness in general my sims are always happy and like for what?
    > 12. i want that hawaii dance when I die grim do ur job better

Love 1 and 2.
    Spiral stairs would be wonderful and couple dancing is a must.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Personally...
    I would love to see the following features/items patched into the base game:
    • Free Babies (with new objects like cribs, changing table, baby swing.)
    • Body Hair (teens through elders.)
    • Facial Piercings (teens through elders.)
    • Food Processor
    • Garden Sprinkler System
    • Trash Compactors
    • Car Pool, School Buses, Taxis, etc (better than sims just teleporting).
    • Burger, Firefighter, and Cop NPCs (that's always bugged me in TS4).
    • Home Security System (to go with Burglar NPCs).
    • Improved Plantsims.
    There have been a lot of wonderful ideas, but the one thing that I think would change the game drastically is if we had Story Progression. I hate seeing my town die. No one gets married, has children, gets divorced, or changes levels in careers or schools. The townies are just stagnate. If you decide on someone you want to get involved in you can wait as long as you like because they will never choose someone else. I know you can use a mod, but I would rather have the game do Story Progression.
    My second change would be to add a slider to the Sim's lifespan. I think medium is too short and long is too long. I would like to be able to choose how many days a sim ages in each age group like we did in Sim's 3.
    So I guess my list would be as follows:
    1. Story Progression
    2. Lifespan slider
    3. Greekcon Tent
    4. New hair colors with highlights and tints
    5. Couple dancing
    6. Spiral Staircases
    7. Bunk Beds
    > @Jase said:
    > Personally...
    > I would love to see the following features/items patched into the base game:
    > * Free Babies (with new objects like cribs, changing table, baby swing.)
    > * Body Hair (teens through elders.)
    > * Facial Piercings (teens through elders.)
    > * Food Processor
    > * Garden Sprinkler System
    > * Trash Compactors
    > * Car Pool, School Buses, Taxis, etc (better than sims just teleporting).
    > * Burger, Firefighter, and Cop NPCs (that's always bugged me in TS4).
    > * Home Security System (to go with Burglar NPCs).
    > * Improved Plantsims.

The garden sprinkler system sounds great and the Burger, Firefighter, and Cop NPCs with the Home Security System sounds like it would add a nice layer of gameplay. Add to that the Fear Emotion mentioned by Mariefoxprice83 and it could spice things up.
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > toggles to turn off certain content in the game like selected supernatural life states and ghost

I would love to be able to turn off ghosts. Every time I see a notification that a spirit is loosing its connection, I am like good, please, die already.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2019
    Personality Update: This is a big need/want in my book
    This Update would increase the number of Trait slots, per Life Stage, and add favorites.
    Toddler: 1 Trait
    Child: 3 Traits
    Teenager: 5 traits
    Young Adult: 6 Traits
    Adult & Elder: 7 Traits

Personally I hate trying to narrow down my "top 3" traits.
    and as new traits are added, I can't continue, I feel as a teenager I should be allowed to pick 5 traits are opposed to what we currently have, 2 traits. everyone says that oh traits would get repetitive and sims would lose uniqueness. and I say, Not really. yes some sims would have a couple of mutual traits in common, but the vast majority can still have unique traits.

Favorites: I wish Favorites was In the game since Launch, It was one of the features I was looking forward too, the most. Setting up profiles in addition to creating a more unique sim.

Favorite Color: Effects particle effects, Example: If vampire, (and Potentially Sorcerers/Witches) use Mist Form, the black smoke will actually be their favorite color choice.
    Favorite Meal (Choose at least 5 Options from Homestyle Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, & Baking + Fruits and vegetables) - sim will autominously make their favorite dish instead of random dishes.
    Favorite Drink (Choose at least 5 options of Beverages, from water, to juice, to "nectar/wine," to "brew/beer") sim will autominously make their favorite drink instead of random drinks.
    Favorite Hobby/Activities - Things your sim will autominously do to make themselves, happy when they're sad, achieve a certain mood, or just bored. My sim Loves to: Go on Adventures, Archery, Body Building, Watch Comedy, Romantic, and Action Channels, Listen to R&B, Pop, and Jazz, Magic, Sketching, Soccer, play Video Games, Hanging Out With His Best Friends, woohoo.

Lunar Cycles:
    In a pre Werewolves patch I would love a Lunar Cycles update.
    As much as I love full moon nights.
    I would like to see Crescent moons, or new moons, or maybe moonless nights. Eclipses would be fun.

So say when you start a new save it starts on a New Moon.
    Day 1: Sunday: New Moon
    Day 2: Monday: Waxing Crescent moon
    Day 3: Tuesday: Half moon
    Day 4: Wednesday: Waxing Gibbous moon
    Day 5: Thursday: Full moon
    Day 6: Friday: Waning Gibbous Moon
    Day 7: Saturday: Half Moon
    Day 8: Sunday: Waning Crescent Moon
    End Cycle one
    Day 9: Monday: New Moon
    And so on.

and maybe once a sim-year a Lunar and Solar Eclipse will occur.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AnnaRAnnaR Posts: 23 Member
    > @XxSupremesassouxX said:
    > You don't know how many times me and my best friend have been begging for preteens we need them
    > Preteens
    > More hair colors
    > free the babies
    > Favorite system even though i never played the sims 3 i watched lots of lets plays
    > Zodiac signs especially since we have seasons
    > and bunk beds you know how many times i have to make a room bigger for my one hundred baby challenge just give us bunk beds please that's all i ask of you please

Yes we also need better babies. I hate the fact that babies are forced to be tied to their cribs.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Legit maps with road systems and usable vehicles on the roads for starters... map tools to build our own maps - for starters....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

There have been a lot of wonderful ideas, but the one thing that I think would change the game drastically is if we had Story Progression. I hate seeing my town die. No one gets married, has children, gets divorced, or changes levels in careers or schools. The townies are just stagnate. If you decide on someone you want to get involved in you can wait as long as you like because they will never choose someone else. I know you can use a mod, but I would rather have the game do Story Progression.

I play with MCCC on so constantly that I honestly forget that this is not a thing in the base game. And then my roommate or someone is playing and I see their whole save dying out and it's like "oh yeah, the game is empty and lifeless without this simple addition". I don't understand why a mod can do it but the devs can't.

Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    > @friendlysimmers said:
    > toggles to turn off certain content in the game like selected supernatural life states and ghost

I would love to be able to turn off ghosts. Every time I see a notification that a spirit is loosing its connection, I am like good, please, die already.

Honestly, ghosts need an overhaul as much as plantsims and aliens do, if not more. I'm not opposed to them being in my game. In old games they were scary and rare and neat! But now they're like any other sim except see through and it's like "Please stop inviting me out, grandma. You've been dead ten years."

A great big Ghost Update that stopped ghosts from appearing except on lots where their urn/tombstone is, and except at very specific times, would be much appreciated. Like, my sim going to the bar (when it's not even ghost night!!!) should not be running into all their dead friends and relatives. In old sims games getting to see a ghost was like a quest, and took some work. Befriending them even more so. Now they're so not special or interesting that they're actively annoying.
    Sometimes I stream.