Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They are saying mods will finally come to console soon

Comments

• MarvinKoshMarvinKosh Posts: 20 Member
    I know of a streamer who regularly plays The Sims 4 on XBox and would love to have a gallery to upload and share their lots with the community.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I need Sacrificial's Mods on my PS4.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    https://youtu.be/py_4hsGy7W0 I only want this lol
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    It's sad us console players don't have cc or online gallery. Personally I want the online gallery features pc players have as I'm not a builder and sometimes I just need a house. And there are some nice maxis builds already there but I just wish we had more variety! Oh and I would like other players to see my sims :D
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Feliz wrote: »
    I’d love to see it happen. I understand that Sony are extremely restrictive when it comes to mods. I’ll remain optimistic but won’t hold my breath when it comes to the PS4.

And Microsoft doesn't seem to want its users doing anything, and that's with our own PCs!

I do not see this happening and it's beyond us all.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Feliz wrote: »
    I’d love to see it happen. I understand that Sony are extremely restrictive when it comes to mods. I’ll remain optimistic but won’t hold my breath when it comes to the PS4.

And Microsoft doesn't seem to want its users doing anything, and that's with our own PCs!

I do not see this happening and it's beyond us all.

regarding mods on xb1 though microsoft seems to be more open than sony at least judging by skyrim.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I have to ask; what is CC?
    2quwd7.gif

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    custom content
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I would especially love some cc that’s the only reason why I’ve bought some packs on pc.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited February 2020
    Edit: change of opinion. I don't mind either way if we get mods or not. The only mods I used for the sims 3 was for more hair because the game one's looked nasty to me.

Original post:
    Yeah I wish we had mods as well. I am getting really tired, upset, and exhausted with the amount of bugs in this game.

I need more gameplay because it's not keeping me interested anymore. I even stopped buying packs now.

Mods will help spice up the game but sony is always acting funny. :(
    Post edited by Khrisstyne on
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    If console did have mods, then the most important mods to have are the ones that fix all the bugs EA doesn't fix. Those are more important than MCCC, ones that give you new furniture, or new hairstyles/clothes.
  • UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    Never mind the Mods, what about the Gallery that Players have been begging for since November 2017? I really think they say these things to keep the players interested "'such and such is coming soon,' so I'm going to keep on playing". I'm beginning to resent the way players are strung along and am considering giving up Sims altogether, I think it's shocking the way console players are treated. RANT OVER :#
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
    edited December 2019
    UndeadFox wrote: »
    Never mind the Mods, what about the Gallery that Players have been begging for since November 2017? I really think they say these things to keep the players interested "'such and such is coming soon,' so I'm going to keep on playing". I'm beginning to resent the way players are strung along and am considering giving up Sims altogether, I think it's shocking the way console players are treated. RANT OVER :#

Gallery is coming in Early 2020 haven't you heard?

• UndeadFoxUndeadFox Posts: 119 Member
    UndeadFox wrote: »

Gallery is coming in Early 2020 haven't you heard?

oooops well shut my mouth lol pretend I never said anything o:) no I didn't know. WELL about time - see I can still find fault haha
    My builds in The Gallery are under the username DeOnlyUndeadFox

forum-banner.png

My Speedbuilds:Click Here
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I don't see why Sony should be a problem since they allowed mods for Skyrim or am I missing something? Seems like a no brainer to me. If they allowed mods for one game why not another? Too much for my quaint country mind to handle I guess lol

Is an agreement between Sony and Bethesda
  • I0lly_IOI0lly_IO Posts: 2 New Member
    Is there anymore news on this ?
    edited January 2020
    I0lly_IO wrote: »
    Is there anymore news on this ?

Not yet but SimGuruDuke did say there are no plans to release mods now see my post above.
  • CreeperCassCreeperCass Posts: 4 New Member
    It sure would be nice to have mods come to console. I am fairly certain that the entire console player base feels like we are cheated out of a lot of what the game is and always has been. Also, paying for so many small additions of content for builds as well as restrictions on gameplay that we were never used to before hitting console. It is understandable that Sony would experience reservations in game modification and the way it changes the entire aspect of the game. I really hope they do bring mods to console, I don't necessarily mind paying for additional content as long as all platforms share the same gameplay capabilities. *Maybe just some fine tuning on parental controls withing game to make sure kiddos aren't playing around on the WW or Murder mods ya know :) just some thoughts.
  • DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 39 Member
    It would be so cool if console players could access online features like cc or mods which are currently only accessible to PC or mac, but also I see why it's so difficult to make cc and mods Available for console players, but it would still be so amazing 😁
  • MayMay89MayMay89 Posts: 1 New Member
    They should do like free CC packs for consoles that work like add-ons or game packs. That would be cool I just really want more clutter items and decor
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited January 2020
    Mods are tough. Especially any mods that add scripting. As we know from Bethesda's mods for Fallout and Skyrim.. Sony doesn't like scripting. Xbox is ok with in game scritping but you can't use mods that use a script extender. Then you have the problem that every mod would have to be vetted by EA / Maxis and uploaded to their own mod site. You can't just get on the internets and download whatever you like. As spread out as the sims communtiy is, it might actually be a difficult task to get modders to want to upload their stuff to an EA site specifically built to download mods for consoles. I'm sure we'd get some and some modders would be enthuisastic about it but we would never have the vast amount of stuff that is available on PC. Mods like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Basemental Drugs, etc, would be obvious no-no's on console as well as mods on console have to adhere to the rating of the game.
    Mods are tough. Especially any mods that add scripting. As we know from Bethesda's mods for Fallout and Skyrim.. Sony doesn't like scripting. Xbox is ok with in game scritping but you can't use mods that use a script extender. Then you have the problem that every mod would have to be vetted by EA / Maxis and uploaded to their own mod site. You can't just get on the internets and download whatever you like. As spread out as the sims communtiy is, it might actually be a difficult task to get modders to want to upload their stuff to an EA site specifically built to download mods for consoles. I'm sure we'd get some and some modders would be enthuisastic about it but we would never have the vast amount of stuff that is available on PC. Mods like 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Basemental Drugs, etc, would be obvious no-no's on console as well as mods on console have to adhere to the rating of the game.

True but Sacrificial's mods might work eg his Passionate Romance Mod .
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    I know everyone’s excited about this but I think this is going to open a all new can of worms. Not a good idea. All the power to ya all!
  • GoldenLani85GoldenLani85 Posts: 15 Member
    Am I weird for being happy and content with the online gallery? I think EA has made a huge leap in the right direction including us. As far as mods and cc I say that's the reason why we have a PC and a Console. No one is saying you cannot play sims with mods or CC... It's just not something for the console. Give a person like me access to mods on console and I would most likely be the one downloading a virus lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top