Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 4 is a shrewd broken?

Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
{Edit: Shrewd is a from Fabulously Wealthy Aspiration gave The Shrewd Reward Trait cause your sim will get 5% of household funds added to their total every week. (Noted I don't think if you had 2 or 3 sims had Shrewd Traits don't stack one after other, 5% is limited, I think. Edit:}

I hadn't see any income every week, used to be let me know family earn it if one had a shrewd everyweek on based of family fund long ago before pet stuffs come out but now I hadn't see for while after got all ep installed with latest patch, no mod, but very shame of vampire's issues. I happen got 1,000,000 won from lottery for just $100, that's awsome, never though winning lottery ingame but seem more of ep installed, more bug and game broken up, unfortunately.

If so,
Is there any work around those isuess? I did "Me too" on bug reports, but some are so old like since 2015 with no fix, along scientist career lab garden stuff, to 2019 vampire's issues and toddler with toy stucked, unable to sleep, eat, ect.

Edit: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-not-receiving-their-Shrewd-trait-money/td-p/7591600/highlight/false
click "Me too" when Shrewd wasn't working weekly income on based of your household fund, 5%.
Post edited by Humility925 on

Comments

• Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Did anyone had issues with Shrewd or it's just my game shrewd isn't working?
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Not sure. It used to give me notifications about those incomes even when playing a different household. Now I don't see them, but the currently played household received it at least once. It feels like it works but totally out of any schedule and only for the played household. Haven't given it much attention to confirm tho.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Not sure actually - I think so? But my guy that had it just died, so I can't test for you. :(
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I haven’t been seeing the extra income with my shrewd sim so I do think it’s broken. Either that or I’m not getting notifications for it.
    I'm glad I'm not alone at least, but I don't ever got notifications of extra income weekly at all for many weeks. I can't keep track with fund as due career, bill, food, up and down quicker as chaos so hard to track for me whatever it's working or not workings. I wonder if latest patch or ep broken it?
  • Sinfulleaf12Sinfulleaf12 Posts: 2 New Member
    Your probably going to have to just try to find a mod that will fix the issue. Since the Sims Team hasn't bothered to fix it, just like all the other issues that have been reported. There is probably a mod out that will fix it, since that is the MO for any team that works on the Sims. If there is a mod why fix it?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    And then they break the mod each time a patch comes out. BTW, what is shrewd? Doesn't sound like you guys mean the dictionary definition.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I thought it was just me not noticing with all the other popups I get. I pretty much have all my sims do this aspiration at some point so they can sit home and collect and not have to work so much and I'm not getting notifications or interest all the time. Every now and I again I see it but not every week. Some of my sims go through broke periods and they could really use that interest to get back on their feet and it doesn't come. Something is definitely wrong with it. I'm not sure if it's not working at all but it seems to be sporadic now.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    And then they break the mod each time a patch comes out. BTW, what is shrewd? Doesn't sound like you guys mean the dictionary definition.

@Oldeseadogge, Shrewd is the reward trait you get from completing the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. It adds 5% of your family finances as "interest." Or it's supposed to....
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    It’s broken for me as well
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Thank you. Never played that aspiration. My, but they have a talent for breaking things.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Now that you mention it, I used to get notifications frequently about my other households getting their weekly interest. I figured I just wasn't paying attention to the notifications, but I guess not, they're just not happening.
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    I have many sims who have earned the shrewd trait but have not been receiving any "interest" payments for a long time - probably well over a year. I used to get them and would often see interest going into a household other than the one I was actively playing. When I first started noticing that the payments weren't coming I wondered if it had something to do with playing rotationally and the game not being able to track the weeks correctly, but based on what I'm reading it seems like a broader problem with the trait.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think I saw ONE interest payment for the Shrewd reward trait, on the Sim who earned it, once, and none since. I think the reward trait is, in fact, broken.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Brokety broke broken
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    Shrewd work fine in my game and get a income every week
    It is working in one of my saves but not in another. The one where it is working was from before the patch, the one that isn't getting income was started after.
    edited July 2019
    What was patch before and after? how is cause not working? Is because I had been changed aspirations often? I didn't route household, just playing pure single household, no other household,

When game base come out, I do knew it's was working long time ago, got income every week on same day you got aspirations shrewd reward but after years, I come back to this game and had got all game pack, EX and latest patched, it's not working at all. (No Mod, of course) And I did keep clear cashc and saved game when new or big changed patch/ex pack mostly and start over again and even create sims all over again.

It's one of my favorite when I save up enough fund to cover the cost to quit job, I'm more free to build up whatever goal I set to like many aspirations.
    More findings. I saw it come one week in a house where it hadn't been working and then it didn't come the following week. It seems to be sporadic.
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    My sims who have the Shrewd trait are no longer getting this interest payment either. It has been so long since they have gotten it that I had actually forgotten about it.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-not-receiving-their-Shrewd-trait-money/td-p/7591600

Ok, everyone, please click "Me too" when you had a Shrewd but not get income based of your household fund.
    Wow, guess this has been broken for longer than I thought! I went ahead and clicked **Me Too** because after testing my other, older saves out, it's sporadic there as well. Sometimes it comes, sometimes it doesn't.
  • wamayeliwamayeli Posts: 147 Member
    I thought it had been awhile. It was posted on AHQ in February. I was the 60th person to click ME TOO, so hopefully it will get looked at soon.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    This has been broken since February or earlier.
  • jackadair8jackadair8 Posts: 1 New Member
    The trait is not working for me either. There is hope, though. What I usually do is use the "rosebud" or "motherlode" cheats to give my sims what they would have earned through the shrewd reward trait. For example, two of my sims who live together both earned the shrewd reward trait. Since it entitles each sim to a weekly deposit of 5% of the household's cash assets, my household will earn a total of 10%. If my household has a total of 100,000 simoleons, I will use the "rosebud" cheat a total of ten times, which comes out to 10,000 simoleons, 10% of 100,000. Although, if my household has 500,000 saved, I would use the "motherlode" cheat once to deposit 50,000, 10% of 500,000. You will never get the exact amount, but it will work until EA fixes the issue.