Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skin Details Not Working After Recent Update

ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
edited June 2019 in Mods Bugs & Issues
Hi, I recently updated my Sims 4 game and the skin details don't appear to be working. When I try to change the skin details of a pre-made sim from the gallery with custom content (or any new sim randomized in CAS), the changes only save to the everyday outfit, but for the other outfits (formal, athletic, sleep, etc.), the skin details with custom content are not saved. I discovered that I could make the same skin detail adjustments for each outfit category, but that's just tedious. This hasn't happened to me before, and I think it's due to the latest patch. If anyone has experienced this same issue or can bring insight into the situation, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Hm. I only noticed this if you randomized the traits of a Sim. If you did that, your skin details disappear. For me, at least.
  • Options
    georgiegirlsimsgeorgiegirlsims Posts: 7 New Member
    Lots of trouble since update. Man comes out of shower and spins and spins and spins into his clothes
    Toddler walks around with bowl stuck in hand. Woman can't make a meal giving indication she can't get to the cutting board.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @ilovebunnys65 and @AHolyToilet You probably have broken Mods or CC. There is a thread that keeps track of the content broken by yesterday's patch here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch/p1

@ilovebunnys65 your specific problem with the glowing skin could be a skin that needs updating or broken 3D eyelashes. These aren't on the list but, I have seen people reporting issues on another forum. Unfortunately, they didn't post the name of the broken skin.
  • Options
    GtenenbaumGtenenbaum Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same issue.
  • Options
    rockelle25rockelle25 Posts: 1 New Member
    im having the same problem too
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just found out that there is a discussion for this on the Help site: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Tattoos-and-Skin-Details-don-t-apply-to-all/m-p/7955447#M91943

It seems to be an issue specific to Mac users.

@ilovebunnys65 @Gtenenbaum @rockelle25
  • Options
    chahtah1899chahtah1899 Posts: 4 New Member
    Absolutely me too. nothing works except a purge of all mods so i've stopped playing the game.
  • Options
    YuutouYuutou Posts: 1 New Member
    Everything is pretty much broken in my game after the new update came out, especially some of my favorite mods. It's infuriating to have to deal with this.
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Lol, after the update, the only things I noticed so far was that there are more lag issues during gameplay and the tea along with the coffee appliances are no longer working properly after being "emptied" by Sims. Instead, they continue to blow green smoke as if the appliances were not cleaned out. This started right after the recent update. I have no mods. Also, the long fancy round ballroom curtains keep clipping off when applied to any kind of a window. I also reported all this on the Answers HQ forum.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    @AHolyToilet @Yuutou @MsKatieRose @Bananas_45 Thank you all for responding. Hopefully, these problems are fixed soon.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yuutou wrote: »
    Everything is pretty much broken in my game after the new update came out, especially some of my favorite mods. It's infuriating to have to deal with this.

@Yuutou That's normal for an EP update. You can find support on mod/CC updating here - https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch - and on SimsVIP.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AimiexoxoAimiexoxo Posts: 396 Member
    Same thing is happening to me. I have a mac, and the issue is so frustrating. I would literally pay someone to make a mod to fix this.
    Hello! I'm new to creating Sims and Houses but I do my best. I like them simple and without the use of CC, but I may add SOME CC like hair and make-up only! If you want to check it out, my origin Username is Aimiec1233, thank you.
  • Options
    MrsMumblesMrsMumbles Posts: 1 New Member
    I have no mods or cc now and Im still having a lot of issues. The walls in apartments for San Myshuno won't appear, and when I try to push the up button for them to appear, the roof appears and I cant see the walls, if they are showing. Items are constantly deleted and it says I don't have the required pack when I do. I've deleted all mods and cc re-installed twice. So I wiped my P.C. (I only use this one for gaming) and no luck...Idk what to do, am I just supposed to wait for the bug patch thats coming?
  • Options
    MrsMumbles wrote: »
    I have no mods or cc now and Im still having a lot of issues. The walls in apartments for San Myshuno won't appear, and when I try to push the up button for them to appear, the roof appears and I cant see the walls, if they are showing. Items are constantly deleted and it says I don't have the required pack when I do. I've deleted all mods and cc re-installed twice. So I wiped my P.C. (I only use this one for gaming) and no luck...Idk what to do, am I just supposed to wait for the bug patch thats coming?

Try a Game Repair, and deleting the file called localthumbcache. Also check here to see if it's a reported bug: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs If not, and if it's happening without any mods or CC and after deleting localthumbcache, worth reporting it there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KarKarSullyKarKarSully Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having the same problem with the skin details and tattoos, and I have to keep on adding them to each outfit and it is too tedious and time consuming for me to do, especially if I am making more than one sim 🙄🙄🙄I think it’s a Mac problem and I hope it gets fixed, because I’m tired of this. : (
  • Options
    XannWhitefireXannWhitefire Posts: 12 New Member
    Is this affecting your vampire sims copying from your human form as well? For me it used to copy them all at once but now it will only copy if I have the same outfit category selected.
  • Options
    Jellibean2005Jellibean2005 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is happening to me too. I’m playing on a Mac and it is super frustrating to add my skin details to every outfit.
  • Options
    anniiannii Posts: 1 New Member
    This is also happening to me. I was hoping there was an easy fix or a mod to help this bug disappear
  • Options
    annii wrote: »
    This is also happening to me. I was hoping there was an easy fix or a mod to help this bug disappear

At the moment, none that I've seen. But do add a "me too" to the bug report to bump up the priority: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    mcollazo14mcollazo14 Posts: 2 New Member
    This is also happening to me. I am happy that the Sims team is in the process of fixing these issues but I am extremely disappointed in the released product. It seems the game was not ready for release. I understand that bugs will happen once a game is released but this is the worst one yet. I am upset on the released product and they charged $40 for a broken product. I hope these issues get fixed immediately. We are already past 2 weeks in. Updates would be nice too.
  • Options
    pmcasspmcass Posts: 1 New Member
    GUYS!!! I FIGURED IT OUT!! MY DETAILS WOULDN'T MOVE OVER FOR EACH OUTFIT AND I WASN'T ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE GALLERY!!! HERES WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!!!!

FOR MACS!!!

-QUIT YOUR GAME
    -GO INTO YOUR "FINDER"
    -GO TO "DOCUMENTS"
    -GO TO YOUR "EA" FOLDER
    -LOCATE YOUR "SIMS 4" FOLDER
    -REMOVE YOUR "SIMS 4" FOLDER AND PUT IN ON YOUR DESKTOP
    -OPEN SIMS 4 (IT WILL CREATE A WHOLE NEW GAME FILE FOR YOU)
    -MOVE OVER YOUR "SAVED", "TRAY", "MODS" FILES INTO YOUR NEW "SIMS 4" FOLDER (IF YOU HAVE ANY MOD MUSIC OR OTHER CUSTOM CONTENT THEN MOVE THOES OVER)
    -MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE FILES IN THE NEW SIMS4 FOLDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR YOUR OLD ONES!

FOR PC

-QUIT YOUR GAME
    -GO INTO YOUR "THIS PC" FOLDER
    -GO TO "DOCUMENTS"
    -GO TO YOUR "EA" FOLDER
    -LOCATE YOUR "SIMS 4" FOLDER
    -REMOVE YOUR "SIMS 4" FOLDER AND PUT IN ON YOUR DESKTOP
    -OPEN SIMS 4 (IT WILL CREATE A WHOLE NEW GAME FILE FOR YOU)
    -MOVE OVER YOUR "SAVED", "TRAY", "MODS" FILES INTO YOUR NEW "SIMS 4" FOLDER (IF YOU HAVE ANY MOD MUSIC OR OTHER CUSTOM CONTENT THEN MOVE THOES OVER)
    -MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE FILES IN THE NEW SIMS4 FOLDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR YOUR OLD ONES!

I REALLY HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU GUYS! I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT WAS FOR ME!
  • Options
    Pupke1979Pupke1979 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @pmcass said:
    > GUYS!!! I FIGURED IT OUT!! MY DETAILS WOULDN'T MOVE OVER FOR EACH OUTFIT AND I WASN'T ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE GALLERY!!! HERES WHAT YOU NEED TO DO!!!!
    >
    > FOR MACS!!!
    >
    > -QUIT YOUR GAME
    > -GO INTO YOUR "FINDER"
    > -GO TO "DOCUMENTS"
    > -GO TO YOUR "EA" FOLDER
    > -LOCATE YOUR "SIMS 4" FOLDER
    > -REMOVE YOUR "SIMS 4" FOLDER AND PUT IN ON YOUR DESKTOP
    > -OPEN SIMS 4 (IT WILL CREATE A WHOLE NEW GAME FILE FOR YOU)
    > -MOVE OVER YOUR "SAVED", "TRAY", "MODS" FILES INTO YOUR NEW "SIMS 4" FOLDER (IF YOU HAVE ANY MOD MUSIC OR OTHER CUSTOM CONTENT THEN MOVE THOES OVER)
    > -MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE FILES IN THE NEW SIMS4 FOLDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR YOUR OLD ONES!
    >
    >
    > FOR PC
    >
    > -QUIT YOUR GAME
    > -GO INTO YOUR "THIS PC" FOLDER
    > -GO TO "DOCUMENTS"
    > -GO TO YOUR "EA" FOLDER
    > -LOCATE YOUR "SIMS 4" FOLDER
    > -REMOVE YOUR "SIMS 4" FOLDER AND PUT IN ON YOUR DESKTOP
    > -OPEN SIMS 4 (IT WILL CREATE A WHOLE NEW GAME FILE FOR YOU)
    > -MOVE OVER YOUR "SAVED", "TRAY", "MODS" FILES INTO YOUR NEW "SIMS 4" FOLDER (IF YOU HAVE ANY MOD MUSIC OR OTHER CUSTOM CONTENT THEN MOVE THOES OVER)
    > -MAKE SURE YOU DELETE THE FILES IN THE NEW SIMS4 FOLDER TO MAKE ROOM FOR YOUR OLD ONES!
    >
    > I REALLY HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU GUYS! I KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING IT WAS FOR ME!

OMG This did it! I play Sims 4 on a Mac and this actually solved the problem were skin detail don't stay on all outfits.
    THANK YOU so much!
  • Options
    VanityHoreVanityHore Posts: 3 New Member
    I tried this but it didn't work for me sadly :( x really hope it's fixed soon , it's so tiresome !
  • Options
    Jellibean2005Jellibean2005 Posts: 2 New Member
    I believe there is a fix for this glitch on Mac coming in the update coming soon.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yay!!!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: