Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moodlet Stuck

RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 3 Bugs & Issues
I know I can delete the moodlet, and I will; otherwise she cannot travel ever again....I've got two Sims. One of them is fine; the "Visited [location name]" moodlet will go away. But no matter where they travel, her roommate's moodlet says 2 Days but stays forever.
Be safe.

Comments

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've used MC's hard reset on sims and even used it to remove stuck moodlets.You need to have the NRaas Mods installed to fix that or it's not easy to fix that glitch without using Mods.I fix those issues so easily with my heavily Modded game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Again, I do not use mods. In any event now that I've made their needs dynamic, the moodlet is finally counting down. I do wonder why that didn't affect the other Sim. :/
    Be safe.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I used to not use Mods until after I found myself constantly starting over after saves glitched or got corrupted.I lost too many before getting into Mods and I can only play live mode in a very heavily Modded game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I am glad you solved your problem. I do not play with mods either.

The roommate were probably stuck. The tip is to reset the sim in some way, or by removing the reason for the sim getting stuck, like you did.

One way to reset things is to exit the game to desktop, and then delete the cashes in The Sims 3 Folder. They are called:

CASPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package
    socialCache.package

They fill up differently depending on what you do in your game, and are recreated every time you start it. Deleting them will refreshen things and work as a reset. The exiting of the game to desktop is another reset.

The Sims 3 Folder is found on your computer in Documents > Electronic Arts

There are other ways to reset without use of any mods, if you want to know.

I have never had so much fun as when I have cheated (triggered age transition on Grimmy for instance) - but doing so carelessly can easily create problems. In a game I care about I would not cheat at all; and when I do I always exit the cheats directly when I am done with whatever I wanted to use them for.

If one cheat command is needed for another cheat to be available; the exiting of the cheats need to reflect that, by exiting the last entered cheat first.
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    I never could understand the whole cache thing.
    Be safe.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Cache means hidden place; but the good thing about internet is that nothing really is :wink: