Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you be putting a seafood restaurant in Sulani?

2...Next

Comments

• DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    My restaurant in Sulani works fine. Sims do try to steal food, but I really only have had this happen when my diners are away from their table when the food comes.
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Dining out is borked since the new EP/patch. Restaurants don't work properly in Sulani and there are problems in other worlds too.

Sims won't remain seated, other sims come and steal your food. Dining out is now a horrendous experience.

It’s a common issue that residents out of Sulani won’t come to Sulani, even if you invite them in a party or hire them as employees.

Therefore the workaround for now is to hire Sims with Sulanian names for your restaurant, LOL.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Dining out is borked since the new EP/patch. Restaurants don't work properly in Sulani and there are problems in other worlds too.

Sims won't remain seated, other sims come and steal your food. Dining out is now a horrendous experience.

That is a shame. I was just building a little restaurant now in Sulani...I hope they fix it soon.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    I don't think so. I already have one in Brindleton Bay, and Sulani doesn't really scream for a restaurant.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Maybe, if I find one in the gallery that doesn't use a zillion stuff packs I don't have. I won't bother with building my own. xD
  • NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    For those of you with Dine Out. I plan on putting one or maybe two. I downloaded a lighthouse restuarent.

That’s actually a really cool idea! I’m going to try it out :smile:

Unfortunately I was running out of things to do in IL :neutral:
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I downloaded a sea food restaurant on the empty lot on Lani St. Taz. I've taken my Sims there for several times and I've had no problems with bugs. No one has stolen food from my Sims yet and even the food has been delivered faster than usual.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No - I don't want to spoil the native style of the islands so no businesses but what is there.

I don't want this like any other world.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I was planning to, but I really wanted to center it around poke, so now that it's impossible to either learn the poke recipe or add it to a restaurant's menu, I guess that's... erh... off the table.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    A few days after the pack came out, I built a seafood restaurant. I added potty chairs to the bathrooms, sofa and toy box at the entrance, and three highchairs (one connected to a table, other two at entrance for looks anyway, LOL).
    Took my couple and toddler there to try it out (I don't run any restaurants, I just build and send my sims there to eat and test it out, all the time) and a box popped up after arriving....stating that toddler was sent to daycare because it wasn't a place for toddlers to be (something along those lines). I was shocked, I "use" to take my toddlers to restaurants before, its been a while though. Now the restaurant sits in my library because I don't have the heart to remove the toddler stuff yet. I want to take the whole family when I dine out so this makes no sense now.

But yeah, I made a seafood restaurant!
    edited July 2019
    I was building a seafood restaurant when I realised that not many of the (very few) new dishes actually have fish in them so I decided to create instead an island restaurant, with local dishes and a bit more (because there aren't enough).
    Here it is, in case you'd like to add it to your game.
    2qn3444.png
    I actually found one that looked nice and fits in there, but for some reason the chefs remained outside, waving their hands and shrugged, so I just leveled the darn thing and gave up. :P
    Stutum wrote: »
    I actually found one that looked nice and fits in there, but for some reason the chefs remained outside, waving their hands and shrugged, so I just leveled the darn thing and gave up. :P

Sounds like the stove wasn't accessible. You can fix that fairly easily by removing objects that might be in front of it or moving it a little to the left or to the right.
    Probably the builder used the moveobject cheat and forgot to playtest it before uploading.
    Stutum wrote: »

Sounds like the stove wasn't accessible. You can fix that fairly easily by removing objects that might be in front of it or moving it a little to the left or to the right.
    Probably the builder used the moveobject cheat and forgot to playtest it before uploading.

Could be, I didn't notice how the kitchen stations were positioned etc. I'll keep it in mind if I try again. Thanks! :)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Since I have one in Brindleton Bay, I don't think it's necessary. Also, I can already bring fish to the booth in Sulani and have it cooked for me.
    I'd probably place a restaurant if real estaste wasn't so sparse in this game.