Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a few questions about the Audio Configuration (fd04e3be) type...

simmythesimsimmythesim Posts: 153 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
@SimGuruModSquad, I was wondering if you could answer my two questions.

1. On animation clips, where in the Audio Configuration file it references does it trigger the jaw lipsync? I believe it's the "vo" at the start, indicating that the sound effect is a voice clip, and should be lipflapped.

2. How are the instance ids calculated for voice acting audio ("vo") configurations? For non-voice sound effects, they're definitely a hash of the sound effect name.

For example, in the game files.
0B3D16D1E98A8286	 blossomfestival_t_throwpetals_fail
blossomfestival_t_throwpetals_fail when hashed, is equal to 0B3D16D1E98A8286.

However, for voice acting, it seems that it's hashed differently, as
vo_mentor_cook_recommendspice
should definitely hash to
845D937AE2C53442
, however, it doesn't, and there are no audio configuration files matching those instances. My guess is that it's something like AGE_GENDER_VOICENUMBER_vo_mentor_cook_recommendspice or something like that.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hey @simmythesim ,

Answers,

1) Correct, this is defined by the prefix. There are a few prefixes that are considered voices: vo_, voe_, babyvox_, voc_, voec_

2) For “vo” samples, names can be determined follows: Append the sim type and voice type to the sample name. These map to what was chosen in the UI when creating the Sim:
    CA  = Child voice 1
    CB  = Child voice 2
    FA  = Female Voice 1
    FC  = Female Voice 2
    FD  = Female Voice 3
    MA  = Male Voice 1
    MB  = Male Voice 2
    MC  = Male Voice 3
    PA  = Toddler Voice 1
    TFA = Teen female Voice 1
    TFC = Teen female Voice 2
    TFD = Teen female Voice 3
    TMA = Teen male Voice 1
    TMB = Teen male Voice 1
    TMC = Teen male Voice 1

So for example vo_mentor_cook_recommendspice might become vo_mentor_cook_recommendspice_fa. Then look at the audio configuration file (type 0xfd04e3be) with this hash. BT file is here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/879089. The “samples” data in this resource contains the actual instances of the samples. Multiple samples exist just for variation so that if the user performs the same action back to back they don’t hear the same sample over and over.

These file types are similar type of thing but have additional naming conventions for generating the file names, I can provide those if needed:
    • “voe” : Emotional variation added to the name, in addition the sim type and name.
    • “voc”: Toddler samples impacted by communication skill level.
    • “voec”: Toddler samples impacted by communication skill level and emotion.
    -SGMS
  • Denton47Denton47 Posts: 18 Member
    > @SimGuruModSquad said:
    >
    > These file types are similar type of thing but have additional naming conventions for generating the file names, I can provide those if needed:
    > * “voe” : Emotional variation added to the name, in addition the sim type and name.
    > * “voc”: Toddler samples impacted by communication skill level.
    > * “voec”: Toddler samples impacted by communication skill level and emotion.
    >
    > -SGMS

May I ask what exactly are the keys for the voe_ samples ?, I can get _angry, _happy, _neutral and _sad to work on some of the samples like voe_book_writethinking, however on most other voe_ samples I am not able to resolved anything.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top