Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani Locals Question

Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
Hello fellow simmers,
I’m wondering about the super friendly locals with this pack. I’ve played through over two sim weeks and none of them have come to my lot to bring food which I know is supposed to be a feature (with a sim living off the grid with little money this would be useful). My sim lives on Mua Pel’am on the small private island. I don’t know if you are supposed to be friends with the locals or what but so far I only get the occasional sim fishing at the fishing spot. I accidentally bypassed the welcome wagon by leaving the lot before it happened and coming back late in the day so I don’t know if that caused an issue.

I just want to know is this normal?
Or a bug? I don’t want constant sims bringing me food but knowing this was a feature I feel like I’m missing out on it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Happy simming

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Hello fellow simmers,
    I’m wondering about the super friendly locals with this pack. I’ve played through over two sim weeks and none of them have come to my lot to bring food which I know is supposed to be a feature (with a sim living off the grid with little money this would be useful). My sim lives on Mua Pel’am on the small private island. I don’t know if you are supposed to be friends with the locals or what but so far I only get the occasional sim fishing at the fishing spot. I accidentally bypassed the welcome wagon by leaving the lot before it happened and coming back late in the day so I don’t know if that caused an issue.

I just want to know is this normal?
    Or a bug? I don’t want constant sims bringing me food but knowing this was a feature I feel like I’m missing out on it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Happy simming

I think it's normal if you miss the welcome wagon in Sulani.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    have you let your sim's hunger drop below just barely turned yellow? that seems to be when they show up for me, somewhat lower than half hunger, so if the sim didn't have their hunger drop while at work in a rabbithole, it might take a bit of micromanaging to get them to not just raid the fridge themselves before the neighbors arrive
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    They only bring food if your Sim is hungry.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    have you let your sim's hunger drop below just barely turned yellow? that seems to be when they show up for me, somewhat lower than half hunger, so if the sim didn't have their hunger drop while at work in a rabbithole, it might take a bit of micromanaging to get them to not just raid the fridge themselves before the neighbors arrive

This seems to be true, this normally happens when all the sims in my household are in the red for hunger. The event happened 2 times for me and the family I’m playing has been living in Sulani for about 4 weeks I’m game.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've had the extra food gang come by even if my sims weren't hungry, but its quite possible they JUST had a meal, and the food-sims decided to drop by when they were still hungry.

Also, I have sims living on that island, and apart from the occacional fishersims and sims swimming/sailing by, I've had no random visitors there.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Thanks guys. I swore I’ve let my sims hunger drop to red multiple times at home since I’m playing a rags to riches but maybe not. I’ll do some more testing tomorrow and see if I can make it happen. I just didn’t know if it was where my sim was living since it’s so isolated and wasn’t sure if she needed to be friends with the locals too. I’ll keep working on it and pay more attention to the hunger bar and report back.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it does seem to be neighbors that stop by for it, so if there's nobody else living on mua pel'am, then that could be it

also, i just had the crew stop by my shaman's house with extra pork (...even though she's vegetarian) even though she was at max hunger. mind you, i have a feeling she technically should have been close to starving, but she's got the 2 day 'don't need to eat' from the island spirits inhabiting her place