Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    I have been loving the game, but since I have been playing island living I have come across no events, no baby turtles hatching, not a party etc. I have only had the welcome wagon come to my home, but when I go anywhere there is nothing going on.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    barbiegoes wrote: »
    I have been loving the game, but since I have been playing island living I have come across no events, no baby turtles hatching, not a party etc. I have only had the welcome wagon come to my home, but when I go anywhere there is nothing going on.

For some reason the island festivals are not notified like the other festivals. But they ARE more common. Just hang around the bar, and you'll notice when there are balloons everywhere and people start running to the festival grounds.

Also the sea turtles don't hatch until the islands are clean. Keep doing things that gives you a leaf heart reaction and eventually...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • NaynChanNaynChan Posts: 3 New Member
    I got that pack 2 days after it came out! The mermaids are gorgeous and the ocean looks better than ever! You can now also swim in the ocean! (sadly only in the new world; Sulani) I HIGHLY recommend this pack to other Simmers.
  • purpleunicornsxpurpleunicornsx Posts: 1 New Member
    I am so uncreative. :( Can someone please help me come up with some interesting Sims 4 storylines for my sims? I have 3 young adults at home and i don’t know what to do with them. I can’t stream a boring gameplay. :|

Here are a bit about them if this helps…

Hudson French. 25 y/o. Super active sim. Really into working out and having a fit body. Is dating a cute blonde rich girl, who is also really into working out and having a hot bod. (lol) Also into investigating stranger town on his free time.

Milo French. 20 y/o. Extremely nerdy. Is a loner. Kind of overweight (?) , Likes science stuff. Unable to make any friends because hes awkward; his only friend is the household toilet. (again, lol)

Mira French. 20 y/o. Twin of Milo French. Into painting and being creative. Doesn’t have much friends either, but is trying to get herself out there. She doesnt know how to act in social situations, though. (She’s pretty much the unpopular girl who WANTS to be popular). Wants to meet her perfect match (male or female) and do something new with her life. She’s a cat person, and a family person, but sometimes an introvert.
  • Mr_SlimstaMr_Slimsta Posts: 31 Member
    Love it!
    Check out my latest build "Origami" - Build Showcase!

SmFZ6Dl.png

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I love the scenery and gameplay. I moved part of my hero family from Strangerville, Mark moved with Alice, Mark got fed up of making Apps and signed up to be a lifegaurd. Alice carried on with her catering career in Sulini. He learned to play the guitar, he's playing blues at the minute. He has met others who have lived there all there life's and has been !along sculptures out of sand. Alice made a friend at the cafe, and loves swiming. She invited Leslie over to the new house and had a mini party. Leslie loved the place but knew her lover Cahil wouldn't like it and she has to prevent other unknown criminals from awakinng the moama plant. She promised to come over frequently.
  • XxN_MxXXxN_MxX Posts: 27 Member
    Can I just mention how Sims 4 Dine out Pack does not work since the new Island Living pack came out. I own a restaurant but my waitresses do not turn up nor does my Host. I'm thinking we need to patch this.

I made a restaurant on the Island but it does not function properly. Is there any way this can be repaired?
    barbiegoes wrote: »

For some reason the island festivals are not notified like the other festivals. But they ARE more common. Just hang around the bar, and you'll notice when there are balloons everywhere and people start running to the festival grounds.

Also the sea turtles don't hatch until the islands are clean. Keep doing things that gives you a leaf heart reaction and eventually...

Thank you, I finally did see a festival,and my island is now clean, and it said I would be able to see turtles hatch soon!
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    keep up the good work barbiegoes !!! :) the turtle happes quick so run down there as soon as it alerts you :D
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    XxN_MxX wrote: »
    Can I just mention how Sims 4 Dine out Pack does not work since the new Island Living pack came out. I own a restaurant but my waitresses do not turn up nor does my Host. I'm thinking we need to patch this.

I made a restaurant on the Island but it does not function properly. Is there any way this can be repaired?

I made a resturant on the Island and it works properly. No issues. Sometimes like in life I think people don't show up for work. You could try repairing your game, remove any mod cc folders, start the game then close it but don't save then add back your mod cc folders. That is what I do when I have any issues and it always fixes it.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »

I made a resturant on the Island and it works properly. No issues. Sometimes like in life I think people don't show up for work. You could try repairing your game, remove any mod cc folders, start the game then close it but don't save then add back your mod cc folders. That is what I do when I have any issues and it always fixes it.

No according to Crin it's a bug. It has something to do with sims in other worlds not going to Sulani. It's not happening to everyone though however it's happening to a lot of people.
    edited July 2019
    Hearts4u wrote: »

No according to Crin it's a bug. It has something to do with sims in other worlds not going to Sulani. It's not happening to everyone though however it's happening to a lot of people.

Oh, I ended up deleting the restaurant and putting back the bar because of the fact that Sims from other worlds were coming to Sulani and I didn't want them too. To me other world Sims look out of place so I'm happy they are not coming. So, not going to add anything/community lot to Sulani that will bring other Sims from another world. Had to create all new families for Sulani because I only want to see my Sulanians in this world. Just me, so I'm happy for this in my Sulani Island Living. ;)
  • blueamberblueamber Posts: 32 Member
    Does anyone that bought this recommend it? Thanks :)
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    blueamber wrote: »

I always say it's impossible to "just recommend". You know your playstyle and what you like the best. See and learn what you can about the pack but the decision should be yours.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.

I highly recommend it. It's got the catloverplayer seal of approval. :D
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

For me it's essential. But it depends on what kind of player you are. I like taking things slow, I like exotic places...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

For me it's essential. But it depends on what kind of player you are. I like taking things slow, I like exotic places...

I will say this. It has some romantic locations for couples particularly the isolated islands. Just plop a tent and a bonfire and your all set and you can stick a wedding arch on the beach and have a wedding in front of the ocean.

Couples can woohoo under the waterfall and kiss in the water.
  • seattlegraceseattlegrace Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had so many bugs and issues with this expansion. Suddenly random people at restaurants can come up and eat your food or take your drinks. Inventory keeps disappearing. I haven't seen any festivals. I keep getting random moodlets that don't apply to anything my sim is doing. My laundry is always damp or dirty no matter how many times my sim washes and dries it. Also, when she sells conservation reports, she no longer gets money. I wish there were more lots. Its a beautiful map but so limited on space.
    I've had so many bugs and issues with this expansion. Suddenly random people at restaurants can come up and eat your food or take your drinks. Inventory keeps disappearing. I haven't seen any festivals. I keep getting random moodlets that don't apply to anything my sim is doing. My laundry is always damp or dirty no matter how many times my sim washes and dries it. Also, when she sells conservation reports, she no longer gets money. I wish there were more lots. Its a beautiful map but so limited on space.

I have had that happen at my restaurants too, they jump and go to the next table and take peoples food. Same with the conservation reports, at first I got money now I don't, I guess it is not just me
  • strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    I just got the game. My only problem is I can't decide whether to play the game or just keep making mermaids. The tails are the best! :D I have two on the gallery so far, I feel nervous about putting some of my other 'wilder' creations up. But I may do that later on, if I end up with an entire school of merpeople I'll probably have the entire island populated with them. XD
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I just got the game. My only problem is I can't decide whether to play the game or just keep making mermaids. The tails are the best! :D I have two on the gallery so far, I feel nervous about putting some of my other 'wilder' creations up. But I may do that later on, if I end up with an entire school of merpeople I'll probably have the entire island populated with them. XD

Maybe you can do an Orphanage Challenge - Mermaid Edition :D

This is what @kalaksed shared with me and it totatlly works.
    if your Sim is a conservationist, there currently seems to be a bug where each time your conservationist analyzes a sample in their inventory one random item in the inventory vanishes (i've started emptying my inventory fully before analyzing because of it). There are 7 Festivals that come up randomly which is nice to me. As far as the other bugs (restaurants have always been buggy, but never had that happen). Just close your game and repair it; that always fixes my game. You laundry issue is so LOL. :D
  • MaiynaMaiyna Posts: 13 New Member
    > @purpleunicornsx said:
    > I am so uncreative. :( Can someone please help me come up with some interesting Sims 4 storylines for my sims? I have 3 young adults at home and i don’t know what to do with them. I can’t stream a boring gameplay. :|
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Here are a bit about them if this helps…
    >
    > Hudson French. 25 y/o. Super active sim. Really into working out and having a fit body. Is dating a cute blonde rich girl, who is also really into working out and having a hot bod. (lol) Also into investigating stranger town on his free time.
    >
    > Milo French. 20 y/o. Extremely nerdy. Is a loner. Kind of overweight (?) , Likes science stuff. Unable to make any friends because hes awkward; his only friend is the household toilet. (again, lol)
    >
    > Mira French. 20 y/o. Twin of Milo French. Into painting and being creative. Doesn’t have much friends either, but is trying to get herself out there. She doesnt know how to act in social situations, though. (She’s pretty much the unpopular girl who WANTS to be popular). Wants to meet her perfect match (male or female) and do something new with her life. She’s a cat person, and a family person, but sometimes an introvert.

Why don't you make it that they get stranded on the Island lot and make it like a survival island challenge? (I'm thinking Sims Castaway inspiration) :) Hope it gives you an idea, and a challenge for streaming.
  • CrazyNinjaCrazyNinja Posts: 24 Member
    I enjoyed this pack for the first couple of hours that I played, however I can’t help but feel like something is missing. Sulani is gorgeous as well as mermaids and the new CAS and build/buy items, but I would have liked to have some more gameplay options (hotels from TS3 come to mind 🙂). Still is a pretty cool pack though. :)
  • MaiynaMaiyna Posts: 13 New Member
    > @CrazyNinja said:
    > I enjoyed this pack for the first couple of hours that I played, however I can’t help but feel like something is missing. Sulani is gorgeous as well as mermaids and the new CAS and build/buy items, but I would have liked to have some more gameplay options (hotels from TS3 come to mind 🙂). Still is a pretty cool pack though. :)

For me it's missing the underwater dive spots we use to be able to explore in Sims 3 :'( That would have been brilliant to add! I wouldn't mind even if we had to have a loading screen to visit.