Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on island living?

ยซ1

Thoughts on island living? 71 votes

Excited
15%
catloverplayerfloralneyBfeverFunandotsNikkihThePocketWeaselBluebirddevil5970Topher8907Lquinnkat_Darketernal 11 votes
Over the moon
7%
MochiMommarjssimSchmoopiePoopieUndeadFoxPifflePrincess 5 votes
MERMAIDS!!!
16%
vyvexthorneMilutinMujovicFoxrox77tmcevoy1121animevampRavenSpitMonda76FaeChaiMrdiamond666ApricusPrink34320V2StokesSimFam 12 votes
Happy
29%
Writin_RegJesskizagboorulesmlmeadowstaydevRavager619Sigzy05CrownSimsMaglxisbackDyingLight_natalieDianesimshermioniaRememberJoynerdfashionRyphlandmacandcheesebillyisagirliamoz96Maodi 21 votes
Netural
9%
BluelleKhrisstyneshnailehddd994FEDEXsfan11TuxPatrice 7 votes
Disappointed
19%
SusanaLeoteBagoas77drake_mccartySlayeurTownBabykittyjadeMidnightAuraSteve StormVivi_WillowTreeNorthDakotaGamerBradyGalaxySimChiPrincipleOfEntropyLexiBai_000key 14 votes
Other
1%
NoirStasis 1 vote

Comments

• Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Excited
    I mostly can't wait to build in water and the beautiful world
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Over the moon
    The island EP for Sims 3 was by far my favorite so I have been looking forward to this content for Sims 4 since the base game was released, haha! Thaaaaank goodness the map is so gorgeous!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    mostly 4 the mermaids, but the island seems beautiful too and to be able to build on the water + the seethrough floor!
    Also alot of the BuildModestuff looks pretty darn good!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Excited
    I would be shocked if someone was disappointed but everybody entitled to their opinion and no one is wrong :-), I'm excited for everything about this pack the world, SWIMMING in beaches wow hahaha, careers, dolphins, sharks, mermaids, items clothing/build/buy and even lounge chairs and tanning yess ! Cant wait
  • CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Happy
    I'm obsessed with it! However, I was a little disappointed with the conservationist career. It felt like there was really no depth to it and it was just another rabbithole career.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Disappointed
    The world is beautiful, but I am super disappointed in the lack of depth with the careers, mermaids, swimming, also missed opportunities for a few hobbies or activities sims could do with it.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    I am here for this.

giphy.gif
    Excited
    Yes and remember part time jobs are coming i can't remember if they are with the pack or with the big update I can't remember but they are still coming one thing though we now have boats but still no cars ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2019
    Excited
    It's coming by update will be available to everyone @Bluebirddevil5970
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    MERMAIDS!!!
    Mermaids, water exploration and a new world??? Yasss
  • TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    Netural
    Mostly in it for the build items tho as a Puerto Rican i am excited to have something that reminds me of home a bit as i can relive a bit of my childhood with the tropical life
  • macandcheesemacandcheese Posts: 4 New Member
    Happy
    I liked the content a lot, but the game is so glitchy. However, if that gets fixed, I think it will be a great pack. :smile:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Excited
    Excited since I"ve played it on PC. Console players are in for a treat.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Happy
    I am dissapointed that there is no proper underwater exploration.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I am dissapointed that there is no proper underwater exploration.

That topic has reached quite a few pages over on the other half of the forums.
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2019
    Other

*Update I bought Island Living during this August sale for Xbox and I'm both happy and disappointed. They did a real good job with the world and its cool how Sulani changes based on how you take care of it (can be cool for alot of people's stories). Mermaids could of been fleshed out more *Spoiler Alert* it shouldn't be that easy to turn Sims into a mermaid (with the exception of creating one in CAS) at least only able to obtain the kelp from a mermaid that can trust you with the secret/have a secret underwater lot in the cave were you have to find and harvest it after you have seen a mermaid with thier tail. They could of been more fleshed out like Vampires and kids and babies could of at least had the option to have scales on thier legs.

I'm more excited for the patch to update (and fix) our games (because the lag and bugs I'm experiencing for the first time on console makes the game unplayable) and the new careers, objects, and the lounge chair to be honest.

Post edited by NoirStasis on
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Disappointed
    Build on water but looks hollow after main things are done. No underwater swimming feels very empty
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    When you create a mermaid Sim, what does it mean by linking?

Also, what I don't particular like is that lots with water, you can't build basements. Or even trying to build a houseboat with an underwater level.
    2quwd7.gif

• DarketernalDarketernal Posts: 11 New Member
    Excited
    I'm looking forward to a vacation on such an Island.
    IN this pack, one of the one-piece swimsuits for females has high legs:
    EA-Announces-The-Sims-4-Island-Living-Realm-of-Magic-Game-Pack-and-More-05943.jpg

Why can't all the swimsuits be like this?
    2quwd7.gif

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    Happy
    So glad it is NOT a vacation world! It's paradise for my families for a change.

I would love to get a tropical beach world though - just glad IL is not it. I love it as designed.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

I don't know whether it has been the recent patch or this game pack but has anyone noticed lately how during a club gathering, when two people sneak off into the bedroom to do either the undercover shuffle or closet tussle, as soon as it starts they both jump out seconds later all done and the music still plays? Now while sometimes I noticed one Sim jumps out, remembering they're still in their day attire, quickly spins into their sleepwear and are back under the covers again during non-club gatherings but since downloading the pack or patch, in club meetings it's over before it's started.
    2quwd7.gif

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Happy
    I'm quite pleased with it. I made an octagon-shaped cabana house with part of it over the water, and I really like the aqua zip. I also like how it feels like a community. It's actually nice to visit that one lot by the bar for the celebrations. You usually run into the same sims and townies almost every time.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    Excited
    The only thing I don't like is that you can't build fountains or swimming pools on water based lots like come on would of looked so cool
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Excited
    I don't know whether it has been the recent patch or this game pack but has anyone noticed lately how during a club gathering, when two people sneak off into the bedroom to do either the undercover shuffle or closet tussle, as soon as it starts they both jump out seconds later all done and the music still plays? Now while sometimes I noticed one Sim jumps out, remembering they're still in their day attire, quickly spins into their sleepwear and are back under the covers again during non-club gatherings but since downloading the pack or patch, in club meetings it's over before it's started.

Sigh sounds like woohoo clubs are broken. The lighthouse woohoo is still broken.