Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Imaginary friend problem?

2...Next

Comments

• cholia1234cholia1234 Posts: 913 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It worked! Yess, I made ehr paly with it non -stop until the interaction bubble thing didn't pop up any more above their heads, so then I decided to age her up to a teen...so then I put the IF on the floor and the iamginary friend aged up..Yay! Thanks to everyone for the help, :wink::mrgreen:
  • PaperAngel64PaperAngel64 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Okay, so I'm playing with CAS twins, a boy and a girl, both had the imaginary friend doll in their inventory when I moved them in, and I was wondering: Do you have to pick the name and the gender for the IF, or will it still age up if you just leave it the way you got it. I like the names they came with and I thought it might be fun to be surprised by the gender. Does anyone know if it's possible?
  • KourtglamisKourtglamis Posts: 5 New Member
    edited June 2011
    cholia1234 wrote:
    :? Oh and grayestnova I dont think you can have your CAS children to have imaginary friends...I read it somewhere, it can only be the one's that were born in the game... :( I wish I could allow my sim kids I created in CAS to have IF'S but I can't....because it's a new toy that your new borns get...well some do and some don't, but bottom line is only your kids that are born in the game get a chance to have an imaginary friend...

Hi, I just got the Sims 3 Generations a few days ago and I know that this isn't true because I made a toddler in CAS and she came with a doll but I two have been experencing problems but with a toddler who was born into the family and still haven't recived the doll yet. I've also created another family with two toddlers and their doll's where in their invintories also in that family we had two teenager which didn't come with the doll but that didn't surprise me. (Sorry for the spelling a head of time, not the best speller). In the first family I made with the new game the toddler that came into the family did get the doll but then my computer wasn't fully charged so it didn't save it. Must be a glitch.
  • cholia1234cholia1234 Posts: 913 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I guess I was wrong..lol, my bad...Anyways, I think that the IF dolls that your sim gets depending on the gender the IF will be the opposite once he/she ages..so if it gets a girly name then you can change it anytime..
    and im saying 'I THINK'....lol srry if I'm msitaken :roll: :lol:
  • LozbeanLozbean Posts: 4
    edited August 2011
    Hi, i've had my imaganary friend since toddler in CAS, played with it, made it into a special friend and the next one, i grew up and it seemed it hasnt worked!! :( im still playing with it now as a kid, i dont know why it isnt working, but i've done everything it tells me here. and i've waited aswell for it to say come out to play and that but it just hasnt done it! Help please :(:(
  • Twisted_TruthTwisted_Truth Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    I've never had an issue with them aging up. My issue has always been, no matter what neighborhood or family, whenever I try to make them real with the potion...it glitches and just doesn't happen. Then I end up having to reset the sim and the IF. I wish I could make them real :(
  • xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if when we manage to get them aged up, if we can bring them with to University...it'll kind of remind me of Ted lmao!
  • Horsesrule9231Horsesrule9231 Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    well maybe you haven't clicked on the kid because it doesn't show on the other sims
  • kruiz185kruiz185 Posts: 11
    edited May 2013
    Yes your CAS (Create A Sim) can have a IF (Imaginary Friend). A relative MIGHT randomly send it in the mail. Then you would have to check your mail and the IF would either be in the toddlers inventory or the parent. When you are aging your Toddler make sure the IF has a good relationship with the toddler. When your toddler ages you'll get to pick a trait for your IF sometimes, and if that appears your IF will grow with your toddler. I hope this information helped. I will be anwsering to different questions on the forum every week (Every two days). :):):):):):):):):):):) Wishes to everyone!

-kruiz185
  • LauraTopazLauraTopaz Posts: 33 Member
    My Sims have twin boys that are now children. They have a very low relationship with their IFs so they don't talk to or see them at all. I can't click on the IFs for any interaction because they never appear. Is there any way I can fix their relationships? Thank you.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    @LauraTopaz Hello.

The IF can be interacted with from the child's inventory - it does not need to be out in the world. I think the toddler, and possibly child later on, needs to build up the relationship by singing and playing with the doll.

I do not play with the IF's, but you could try these different things if there is no interaction pie menu on the doll:

- Remove all mods and third party CC. If you have the Sims Store premium item Grandma's Canning Station: take out all preserved jam from personal/family inventory and lot.

Delete the cashes in Sims 3 folder. This is good to do often and also after each troubleshooting step.

- Try with another sim, like a parent, to interact with the IF through the child's inventory; for example the interaction 'Talk through [IF name].

- Reset the children and IF's (bring up the command field: cntrl + shift + C; write the names: [resetsim first name last name/IF name] (one at a time); press Enter.
    If you have mods there are other more fullbodied options to reset sims.

- Go to Edit Town; make a small adjustment, for example buying something to a community lot, exit and check if the interactions are possible.

- If not, go to Edit Town again, choose to Evict the children (with an adult) to the clip board; directly put them back into the household before exiting Edit Town. This step will make them loose their wishes and promises.

This thread will probably be closed down soon since the forum has rules on necroposting, but I think you are a member and so can make your own discussions/threads. :smile:
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread. Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922566/forum-dos-and-donts#latest

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top