Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims future competitor?

Comments

• TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Pfft, you call that competition? That's like if a person without legs tried to race Usain Bolt!

You don’t even know what it can do yet, so how can you write it off? Make it make sense.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Pfft, you call that competition? That's like if a person without legs tried to race Usain Bolt!

It’s early in its development and it’s already showing off functionality that TS4 doesn’t have. At least wait and see what happens.

It also shows that it doesn't have what sims has, just saying :D Some roof pulling is not saying much. And just a list of some features isn't really that convincing when it comes to competition.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I hope this would get more publicity, that would help this project to grow and even someday a game like the sims. And what can see is that this consep art is so much more what i want and hope than what ea would do.
    I just dont want to get my hopes too high since its really early to tell if this gonna be finished ever. But i sure would buy it and support a idea of another life simulation game.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I love sims 4, my Fav game in the series, but this looks great too. If it's in my budget and the final project is as good as the early stages make it look like it Will be I'd be excited to try.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I will keep an eye out on this one for sure! Thanks for the info!
  • trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    For me it would just mean I get more of these types of games to play. As a 20 year fan I don’t plan on leaving sims if something new comes around. I’d just play both. I’m happy with sims 4 and I like the direction it’s going and I’d happily try a similar game. This looks cool and I’d be excited to play something new.

My thoughts as well. I'd just end up playing both if the other game was just as good.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Yass, a healthy competition is nice
    surprised to see simmers so turned off to the idea! Some healthy competition could up their game, seems like a win-win for everyone

Yep, remind me of the Nokia or Symbian who was underestimating Android back then, and look where it got them now.
    "grave is full of soldier who underestimate their opponents"
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Interactions will make or break it for me, as well as gender essentialism versus gender fluidity. This looks nice, but "in development" is a long way from actually on the market.
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simpkin wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »

It’s early in its development and it’s already showing off functionality that TS4 doesn’t have. At least wait and see what happens.

It also shows that it doesn't have what sims has, just saying :D Some roof pulling is not saying much. And just a list of some features isn't really that convincing when it comes to competition.

Does "In development" not make sense to you?

What, do you think that when they first started developing The Sims they just magically had every feature set down? Because in case you didn't know, thats not how it works.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    haha bye EA. Didnt they learn from simcity?

I'd hold off on farewells if I were you. This appears to be pre-alpha. That's a long road to go, in layman's terms.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2019
    I can only agree that competition is good. It's a bit odd that more companies doesn't try get into the same market :confused:.

Thanks for showing! Will be interesting to see where it goes, and that it hopefully does go somewhere! If it looks promising for me later on, then I don't get why I wouldn't buy it. I play games I find interesting and that looks entertaining. If some coming Sims game would do the same, then I'd likely get that also and play it. Most of mine and my partner's fun money is spent on games afterall :D
    izecson wrote: »
    Yass, a healthy competition is nice
    surprised to see simmers so turned off to the idea! Some healthy competition could up their game, seems like a win-win for everyone

Yep, remind me of the Nokia or Symbian who was underestimating Android back then, and look where it got them now.
    "grave is full of soldier who underestimate their opponents"

Some players don't seem to like change, I guess. Their loss. -shrugs-
    ElenPink wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »

I'd hold off on farewells if I were you. This appears to be pre-alpha. That's a long road to go, in layman's terms.

It totally has a long way to go. But hopefully once it starts to develop more and gain a bit more traction, EA can feel threatened and step up from their mediocrity.

If it starts to develop.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    It's beyond laughable to think that one person can just make a Sims competitor on their own.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png

It totally has a long way to go. But hopefully once it starts to develop more and gain a bit more traction, EA can feel threatened and step up from their mediocrity.

If it starts to develop.

...Does the GIF on my post not count as development? What is it then? Pen on paper?
    elelunicy wrote: »
    It's beyond laughable to think that one person can just make a Sims competitor on their own.

Well, it's not laughable but it is a real hill to climb. Looking at their Patreon it strikes me as more of a Virtual Sailor-esque project. Not to impugn Mr. Papini, but there's a big difference between that and one of the Janes titles. This will likely follow suit, if it ever progresses to be something actually playable.
    elelunicy wrote: »

Hmm, if you checked out his Patreon he is raising the money so that he can contact other people to help with the game. Here, let me make things easier for you and copy/paste what he wrote:

"The money will allow me to keep working on it and also reach out to other developers for music, sound effects, etc."

:)

If it starts to develop.

...Does the GIF on my post not count as development? What is it then? Pen on paper?

There's a lot of difference between an animated concept work and something that is and will be playable. Let's just say that I'd be careful about giving them any more of your money without verifiable progress.

If it starts to develop.

There's a lot of difference between an animated concept work and something that is and will be playable. Let's just say that I'd be careful about giving them any more of your money without verifiable progress.

I'm giving him 12 dollars a year. I am not going to miss it. I have more hope in him than a good EP/GP being released for TS4.

If it starts to develop.

I'm giving him 12 dollars a year. I am not going to miss it. I have more hope in him than a good EP/GP being released for TS4.

Okay. Best of luck to you.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    FINALLY!!! THIS MEANS EA WILL TRY TO IMPROVE THEIR GAMES CAUSE THERE IS A COMPETITION!
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    For me it would just mean I get more of these types of games to play. As a 20 year fan I don’t plan on leaving sims if something new comes around. I’d just play both. I’m happy with sims 4 and I like the direction it’s going and I’d happily try a similar game. This looks cool and I’d be excited to play something new.

I agree completely. I wonder if it would have any DLC seeing as pets and seasons are in the base game. I hope the final graphics are different.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

Finbar659 wrote: »
    FINALLY!!! THIS MEANS EA WILL TRY TO IMPROVE THEIR GAMES CAUSE THERE IS A COMPETITION!

THIS is the logical positivity I like to see!