Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant get custom skins to work

So I am trying to get into sims 4, I donwloaded some custom skins and they dont work. I have them in my mods folder, The MC works as the pregancy mega mod, but not the skins I dont understand.
I really need help, I cant get into the game with ugly sims, just as the sims 3, sims 4 need skins as well!

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    You're probably better off asking for help in the mods section of the forum.
    ~ ~ ~
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Have you looked to see if they're under the 'skin details' tab as an overlay? :blush:
  • kiara07kiara07 Posts: 575 Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you both :)

I went to skins details and I cant find anything. I even downloaded new skins and nothing works. I am really annoyed with sims 4, I had edited a file where I changed the lifespan and because of the constant updates the lifespan changed and now I dont remember how I did it. Sims 4 is a hassle for me :(
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited September 2017
    @kiara07

When you load up the game are you getting a box that lists the custom content and mods in your game? Have you actually gone in an enabled the ability to use Mods & Custom Content in the game or if you've done that previously did you just update today for the new patch? CC & Mods get turned off automatically when there's a patch to give people time to update/remove them if necessary to keep from breaking the game. Go to the the Main Menus Screen and click the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the screen that will bring up more menu options. Glick in Game Options and then go all the way down to the bottom of the list and click Other. You'll see a bunch of ticky button options. The fourth one in the first column is Enable Mods & Custom Content in game make sure there's a green check mark next to it if not click it so that there is (the next option is for script mods you might want to click that too just to be safe). After you do this you'll need to restart your game. Then when you go back in the box with all your mods and CC should come up (unless you've previously disabled the box from showing up).

You might want to look into get MCCommand Center. It allows you to easily change the lifespan and might take care of some of the other stuff you find annoying in the game.
    ~ ~ ~
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Often times, patches will disable the custom content. Go into game options in Sims 4 and make sure the box is checked to enable it. If that isn't the issue, check with the cc creator. Patches also tend to break some cc and mods so that the creators have to update it.
    #Team Occult
  • CooolSimmerCooolSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    > @BethanyShone said:
    > Have you looked to see if they're under the 'skin details' tab as an overlay? :blush:

This really helped, I actually did find the body hair and skin overlays there that I was looking for! Thanks so much!
  • CooolSimmerCooolSimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    When you download the mod, go to WinRAR. In WinRAR where the mod file is, press ".." and you may find files that were apart of the mod. Copy and paste those files to the mods file. Depending on the mod, the skin overlay may be in the tattoo section or the skin detail section. Hope this helps!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    When you download the mod, go to WinRAR. In WinRAR where the mod file is, press ".." and you may find files that were apart of the mod. Copy and paste those files to the mods file. Depending on the mod, the skin overlay may be in the tattoo section or the skin detail section. Hope this helps!

WinRAR and WinZIP have long been known to sometimes break mods. The better option is to use 7zip https://www.7-zip.org/
    Also this thread is around 2 yrs old.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p