Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Sims Sit To Watch TV?

I swear mine never do it unless I tell them too which is kind of annoying but oh well lol. Just curious.

Comments

• RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    It depends honestly. Sometimes they want to and sometimes they wanna stand and ive noticd if you have a kid sim watch with their parents sometimes, their parents will sit and the kid will stand right in front of the tv, ensuring no one else gets to enjoy the show xD
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I've got a cinema build in my game, theres lots of chairs so that's not the problem and they still stand, talk and on their phones 😂, blocking a poor wee sim that decided to sit down watching the big screen from movie hangout hahaha
  • RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I've got a cinema build in my game, theres lots of chairs so that's not the problem and they still stand, talk and on their phones 😂, blocking a poor wee sim that decided to sit down watching the big screen from movie hangout hahaha

I downloaded a cinema from the gallery the one that is in there and like I had my sims take their kid to watch the movie and she stood right in front of her dad hes trying to watch and she was throwing paint on the floor

It was a time to be had XD
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    People sit down to watch TV in the Sims? I kid. That seems to be the one problem I don't have (as long as there are seats).
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I never give my sims a tv haha
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Most of the time, but I have noticed them sit less and stand more... stand literally infront of the sofa/couch/chair, too.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    For me, it depends on how many other Sims are around, or they'll stop sitting if they're done with another action like eating. They'll stand up after eating and watching TV, and proceed to just watch TV while standing instead of just continue sitting.
  • prettyscion06prettyscion06 Posts: 6 New Member
    Mine ALWAYS stand when watching tv unless told otherwise. Quite frustrating.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    it differs, I feel like it has to do with how the seatings are placed to the tv but I am not sure...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    Most of the time I’ve noticed that mines usually only sit when they are eating.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    I don't have this problem mine sit always sometimes they just decide to sit and take a break before they do the actions I tell them lol
  • FEDEXsfan11FEDEXsfan11 Posts: 22 Member
    my sims never get a tv 👀
  • Cest_si_BonCest_si_Bon Posts: 50 Member
    My Sims rarely watch TV, but they always sit down when they do. I really like that Sims can snuggle while watching TV o:)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    They never sit ugh. I have to sit them manually then they play musical chairs. The snuggle while watching TV has potential but the animation is really bad. They slightly lean their heads together and last time I checked that's not the definition of cuddling lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    Some do, some don't. I don't get the pattern behind this but I suspect active/sporty sims are more likely to stand, at least in my gameplay. Kids usually sit on the floor and play with a toy while they watch tv. It's the cutest thing lol
  • Damien555Damien555 Posts: 21 Member
    No, they will stand right in front of the couch/chairs to watch tv.
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    I often let mine eat in front of the TV, then they sit. But when they've finished eating, they let their plate go, stand up and continue watching TV standing, although they were sitting on the couch for the whole meal xD
  • shanetra09shanetra09 Posts: 31 Member
    Mine will always watch tv on their own but refuse to sit down
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Mine will stand behind a TV to watch it and I'm like so you can do that but you can't sit down to watch the TV? Is something in the way? Does coffee table placement matter? It's just such a simple thing and I just don't understand Sim logic sometimes lol
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    My sims always sit down and watch TV, while they eat, that’s my way of fulfilling Fun and Hunger at the same time. And after installing Island Living, they even kneel in front of the TV first before sitting themselves down on the couch.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Yes and no. They will sit when there are chairs open. If all chairs are taken then they most likely stand to watch TV. Sometimes they just stand anyway which is really annoying.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    Never..
  • fox_corpsefox_corpse Posts: 15 Member
    Mine usually sit down.