Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding cake - don't trust the caterer to do it!

13...Next

Comments

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    The other day the caterer(level 10 cook at a restaurant ) baked a cake, the bride and groom cut the first piece, then the caterer baked a cheesecake with the wedding topper as well. I had my sims remove the topper. Then the caterer cooked pancakes for all to eat. I was like wow, really? lol but it was a great wedding. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I have never hired s caterer, since I heard such bad things about them in the beginning. I have a grocery store that has cakes. So I will send my sim to buy one just before the wedding, and I place a buffet table wherever the wedding is held. I make sure there is a table for the cake, and bring it out just before they cut it. My entertainers and mixologists seem to do their job, however sometimes it takes forever to get the drinks, so sometimes I'll have one of my sims take over.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited September 2016
    Posted on this one already, my bad.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yeah, I don't think I've ever had a caterer who actually cooked anything. I even had one catered event where the caterer went to the fridge to get a bowl of chips and sat at the table eating them instead of catering!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    I've had mixed results with a caterer, occasionally they do their job okay, lol, but yeah, it's risky. And it's kind of a shame when my wealthy socialite has to bake her own cake, haha. It really would be nice if we could have some interactive options with the NPCs we hire, like "ask to bake cake" or "yell at for not doing work" ;-P
  • ANNAPTXANNAPTX Posts: 3,742 Member
    My sims had a destination wedding at a restaurant..the caterer did nothing except clean..my sims spent the entire time in the bar ordering drinks and bar food..not a total loss..everyone seemed to have a good time...did I mention that the bartender we hired was my lady sim's first boyfriend who she became enemies with? I expected drama, but he was a good boy and did his job..quite well, I might add, but the caterer just acted as a bus boy...btw, Bob Pancakes disappeared from my game entirely..I wanted to play that household, and they are gone, gone, gone! :o
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I've never had an issue with caterers but I have only used them a few times. I personally like making the cake. I also get my sims to cook either a nice dish or something on the bbq to put out for the sims. OR if I'm really into it, I get them to bake lots of goodies and lay them out on the table.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• aanch_mittalaanch_mittal Posts: 2 New Member
    I too don't trust my caters as they do nothing. We should prepare our own wedding cake to avoid any mistakes B) .
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My sims bake their own cakes and use the buffet tables instead of caterers. Too many failed parties/ weddings from bad caterers.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I wish I had researched the Wedding event before my Sims married.

"Plan Wedding" as opposed to "Marry Now" seemed to me like I would be chosing a date and a time as well as a location, guests, caterer etc. Nothing in that interface indicated that the event begins immediately.

No cake made, in my case, because IMMEDIATE SCORED EVENT!

Fortunately, one of my grooms was Culinary. I entered Build/Buy, dropped a fridge, a counter and an oven on the lot (a park, so my Sims didn't buy them), and had him bake a cake himself, right there.

I had a caterer selected, so that my Culinary Sim wouldn't have to cook during his own wedding, but no luck. The caterer did nothing, and no one ate anything other than cake, but with a fair amount of hustle, I managed to end the Wedding event at gold. Whew!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I've never had a caterer, I've only made the cake with some fish tacos.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Thing is, if I had known I would need to supply the food - and the cake! - I could easily have had my Culinary Sim prepare a wonderful meal ahead of time. But nothing in "Plan a Wedding" before you do it even suggests you'll need to be ready to go right now! Riley is an excellent cook. Some advance notice might have been nice. :D
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    So annoying right! I for once had a caterer make my cake, cause no sim in my household was a good cook and I also want this option open since my snob sims should not go and bake their own cake.
    But then to find out this caterer keeps making random food.. I was so annoyed. I also do not like how the caterer does NOT make any of the winterfest meals when you are throwing an event on the holiday itself. I mean, we should be able to ask what they should cook. There are too many different type of parties. Think about a full vegetarian party, Winter fest meals, BBQ and grill fest, Wedding cake etc. We should be able to order them the kinds of meals they should serve our guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top