Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• CatheBCatheB Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm doing my VERY FIRST CHALLENGE>>> The GIlligan's Island Challenge.. get 7 strangers..(Yes I'm recreating the originals), put them on the islands (as they are completely void of buildings) and eating only coconuts and fish, find a way to get a message off the island to let the rest of the Worlds know where you are.(or plan to stay, unless you're ginger, because, yknow, movies)
    Got to survive a severe weather event.
    Got to survive unfriendly natives, (i have tropical vampires, why not?)
    Got to meet at least one celebrity from Film, one from TV, and One from NEWS/Youtube
    Must complete at least one full year on the island.

NO BOATS can be used.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2019
    I was so in love with Cats a Dogs (100% dogs) and Seasons when they arrived--still am. Yet, Island Living is freaking awesome and I've only been in CAS so far. Love, love the clothing. I can't wait until I get to the game play. So Loving Island Living. :smiley:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Bought my first expansion pack at full price since City Living today. Guess which one? ;)
    SOoooo excited!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AtSimmeringSimsAtSimmeringSims Posts: 10 New Member
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ...Allllmost done. Or "done". With my savefile. I have not been to Newcrest at all, I will leave it empty for now; I really want to start playing ASAP.

I need three things to be finished:
    A Spa or Gym on the 50 50 lot across from the small beach. Sapphire Shores or something like that is the name?
    A good character to put in the shipwreck.
    A good character or three to put in the empty house across from the small beach.

Problem looking for Sulani sims on the gallery is that basically the only people uploading them so far are the people cranking out gay pr0nstar looking Sims (they have dark skin, but look Caucasian and there is no way they don't landscape everything). And the usual dump of blonde models, now black haired and mermaids instead.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm building a super modern house above water. It takes time but I'll share pictures once I'm done.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    GAH! Trying to decide between island spirits or volcanic activity...!
  • Paula_Sims4Paula_Sims4 Posts: 4 New Member
    I love this pack already! <3 <3
  • JessKatJessKat Posts: 45 Member
    I'm going crazy I just finished downloading this OWO
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d07e6fb664a753741936494&rid=giphy.gif
    My Origin: CatsAndUnicorns

That average simmer.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    The water in this game is truly beautiful and clear. You don't even need to see under water because the water is so clear. Okay, it is official--this is my Favorite Expansion pack and I love living in Sulani.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Thyconti wrote: »
    Is it serious that EA will only release tomorrow for who BUY the game while who has not spent 1 dollar is already playing the new expansion? It's frustrating.

They will review the game. Usually reviewers are given a free copy
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Does anyone else think that the main female for Strangerville and the main female for Island Living look the same, just different hair...?
    MochiMomma wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that the main female for Strangerville and the main female for Island Living look the same, just different hair...?

Not at all beyond dark skin.

• randomfaerierandomfaerie Posts: 7 New Member
    So I've made a character, turned her into a mermaid via the Mermadic Kelp. I have two options for tails, but can't I customize her?

I've also made a soulmate out of the Azure Dolphine and a regular dolphin. What else can mermaids do except for sleep in the sea? Hahaha
    So I've made a character, turned her into a mermaid via the Mermadic Kelp. I have two options for tails, but can't I customize her?

I've also made a soulmate out of the Azure Dolphine and a regular dolphin. What else can mermaids do except for sleep in the sea? Hahaha

Can't you customize her by going to a mirror and choose "change sim"?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Have you tried the cas.fulleditmode already?
  • KrootyKrooty Posts: 3 New Member
    It looks so great! Will probably wait for a winter sale or something though.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member

If you go to the dresser and plan outfit you can change your mermaid fins,and tops. You should be able to do that with the mirror to change her looks.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    I found if you want to be a marine biologist you can't be a mer-person. they don't snorkel, its under them and you have to snorkel :( so my mermaid is a non-mermaid until I finish that career :) just a FYI
  • Krissyok56Krissyok56 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can we remake the Sims Castaway!
  • MistymeadowsMistymeadows Posts: 19 Member
    > @AjaGio said:
    > I found if you want to be a marine biologist you can't be a mer-person. they don't snorkel, its under them and you have to snorkel :( so my mermaid is a non-mermaid until I finish that career :) just a FYI

Haha same thing!! Had a mermaid for the LONGEST TIME (Loved making other sims unhappy with the songs hehe) until my career required that my mermaid snorkel, which she can't do of course. I'm too lazy to go look for the mermaid kelp or whatever, so I just bought the 2 I need with 1,000 satisfaction. Goodbye, saving up for better reward traits!
  • MistymeadowsMistymeadows Posts: 19 Member
    > @randomfaerie said:
    > So I've made a character, turned her into a mermaid via the Mermadic Kelp. I have two options for tails, but can't I customize her?
    >
    > I've also made a soulmate out of the Azure Dolphine and a regular dolphin. What else can mermaids do except for sleep in the sea? Hahaha

They can do siren lullabies, call different weathers if you have seasons, do aquatic lure, and summon ocean threat. They seem useless at first, but they can actually be kinda helpful. :)
  • PromiseC29PromiseC29 Posts: 7 New Member
    Anyone having trouble with Island Living for the PC? None of the homes have doors and when I tried to Add them its states error sims folder 4. I deleted the whole lot and put the build back but same issue.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    PromiseC29 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble with Island Living for the PC? None of the homes have doors and when I tried to Add them its states error sims folder 4. I deleted the whole lot and put the build back but same issue.
    PromiseC29 wrote: »

THat's coming form a Mod, not the pack itself.
    image.png
  • Phoenixstar117Phoenixstar117 Posts: 1 New Member
    Very nice