Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Console Question - How Optimized Is TS4 on Consoles?

While playing the game yesterday I just keep flashing back to trailers of the PC version. I think the game looks great but it doesn't look as good as PC. Also weird things like trees disappearing if you get too close, lag in day to day living. Etc.

Console Question - How Optimized Is TS4 on Consoles? 14 votes

It's Optimized for Consoles
7%
JPNeko 1 vote
It Needs Work
85%
JesskicatloverplayerAnodyneSeaxxMidnightAuraRionAgriasxingyicaicnemxlyRavenSpitPrincessAmyPifflePrincessPrink34320V2Dax 12 votes
Other ( please explain)
7%
drake_mccarty 1 vote

Comments

• PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    It Needs Work
    I've just recently got the pc version (only the base game) and the only difference I noticed it's the loading speed that it's really faster on pc.
    But maybe it's because on pc I have only the base game and on console I have almost all of the packs.
    So far, I'm pretty happy with the console version (I play on ps4) and never experienced crashes or freezes. Only the bugs already in the game that there are also on pc. And I have played since launch.
    I think they did a decent job with the porting: the graphic is quite good and the game runs pretty well considering it's a game build for pc and not console.

The only things I find annoying are the lags between actions and some difficulties in controls in certain situation (I would use mouse and keybord but now I'm used to the joypad and struggle with the camera with the mouse).
    They could definitly improve those. So yeah, it still needs some work...

As for the tree disapperaing when you get close, isn't that how it's supposed to be? I thought that the game was like that so that trees won't get in the way while zooming...
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It Needs Work
    Graphics wise it looks okay. I buy it for my niece and she plays on a 65 inch 4K tv on a Pro.
    She doesn’t get crashes but she does at times get simulation lag just like the pc version. And of course every bug the pc has the console has it too.

The console needs more patches more frequently. It’s not really okay to just patch it every 3/4 months. There are plenty of games that are patched more frequently. The game doesn’t utilise the hardware of the consoles either. I run more demanding games fine on our consoles but the sims 4 on console much like it’s pc counterpart is not optimised well.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    It Needs Work
    It's pretty good on consoles, but if you have a decent sized house and family, then problems start to arise.

My biggest problem with The Sims 3 is how the game would kind of pause if I accelerated time, but in The Sims 4, it's kind of worse as time keeps going and the Sims themselves are idle.
  • xingyicaicnxingyicaicn Posts: 170 Member
    It Needs Work
    It's pretty good on consoles, but if you have a decent sized house and family, then problems start to arise.

My biggest problem with The Sims 3 is how the game would kind of pause if I accelerated time, but in The Sims 4, it's kind of worse as time keeps going and the Sims themselves are idle.

This is so true. I don’t even dare to play households with more than 4 sims and a big house because of this.
    H O P E H A S A P L A C E
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    It Needs Work
    Textures need work as the distant background is blurry.
  • emxlyemxly Posts: 12 New Member
    It Needs Work
    The game struggles to maintain 30fps consistently and is not smooth at all, and the graphics still need to be upgraded to match PC. Skin textures especially on are bad even on the PS4 Pro