Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Child-only households

Lately my game has been generating lots of child-only households, about twenty over the course of last three days. No parents, no older siblings, just one child. Such a thing never used to happen before, it started after the last patch update.
Has anyone else experienced that?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have, and it is not because of this latest patch. I've had this issue at least for a couple of years now. I will do one of two things, either I will delete the household, or if I want to keep the child, I'll move them in with another homeless family, and connect the family ties to give the child a bit of a back story.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Huh. Now that's strange.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Not children, but I get teens, the detective career is guilty of making teen deliquents.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    This started happening to me a while back. A couple of children alone in a house by themselves. I didn't want to delete them cause you know there kids and i felt bad (haha) so I moved them in with couples with no kids or whatever. The one child had over 300,000 simelons, I couldn't believe it! I have no idea where the money came from but I added him to the Heckling's house and now they are loaded. LOL
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I have had two child-only households since last week, I think, and was wondering what is going on :/

Yesterday I created single dads for both of the girls, another one got a sibling too, since I thought they were a nice addition to my townies.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I went through the household management last night and deleted a bunch of people, today I opened it again and it was full of kids.
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I have at least one on Sulani. Does this have anything to do with island culture? The one pre-made family has a teenage boy who is not their son living with them. Is there maybe a cultural thing about families taking in orphaned children or something? Maybe they game is generating lone children with the idea that the players will merge them with other families?
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    These days, 3/4 of my doctor's patients are children, half of whom are both parentless and newly generated. I deleted most, I am thinking of merging those few I kept into one household with an adult caretaker. I play with aging off, so I do not really have much use for random kids I will have to manually age up.
    I don't have Island Living yet, so in theory, it should not have anything to do with it. Either way, the invasion of parentless kids is quite strange
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I had noticed an odd one now and then since around Get Famous was released but put it down to the game glitching. Since last patch I have lots of children in my game that do not have family's. This save has never spawned a household which contains more than 1 Sim, only singles. There is a bug report open on Ea Help thing about it.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Bug report needs input here

In my current save, started fresh with IL, I have 6 children in single sim households. Not sure what to do with them yet
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Bug report needs input here

In my current save, started fresh with IL, I have 6 children in single sim households. Not sure what to do with them yet

You could make a parent or parents for them, or just ignore them like i do.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,487 Member
    I seem to be about the only person who plays this game who pays little to no attention to the Townies. :O So, I have no clue if this is happening in my game. :/
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I have not ever had a single child in my game without at least one parent. I did get that Kitty Whiskers living in a house by himself after Cats and Dogs came out and moved the cat lady and her cats in with him (his house was bigger than hers) and once I had three teens (2 girls and a boy all unrelated to each other) living in a Shogun house before the Pets - but that is all. I moved an elder in with them until I was ready to age them up as I control aging in my game. But never any kid age or younger.

Nor anything like that since Cats and Dogs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have not ever had a single child in my game without at least one parent. I did get that Kitty Whiskers living in a house by himself after Cats and Dogs came out and moved the cat lady and her cats in with him (his house was bigger than hers) and once I had three teens (2 girls and a boy all unrelated to each other) living in a Shogun house before the Pets - but that is all. I moved an elder in with them until I was ready to age them up as I control aging in my game. But never any kid age or younger.

Your lucky, but can i ask have you started a new game since last patch, or still playing older saves? since if the game does not feel it needs to spawn children your unlikely to experience it. If you have and are still not, its another one of those bugs that does not affect everyone.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Plainevil wrote: »

Your lucky, but can i ask have you started a new game since last patch, or still playing older saves? since if the game does not feel it needs to spawn children your unlikely to experience it. If you have and are still not, its another one of those bugs that does not affect everyone.
    Plainevil wrote: »

No - I had a strangertown going and just added a Sims from the gallery someone else made and went to the new world. Same save though. This save was before strangertown though, I started new when I got gifted Get Famous so it is as old as my get famous. Which was probably a two or three weeks before Strangertown came out. I don't know if it helps but I do not ever used any CC, Mods or cheats in Sims 4 - now whether or not that matters I cannot say. I also rarely have any issues with my game and when I do usually a patch fixes it. I have a very high end 8 core gaming desktop with 16gigs of ram 64 bit Windows 10 built for me.

The only thing new in my game is the Sims from the gallery - not a mermaid just a native someone made the first day the game came out. Other than her I am just playing with the other Sims in Island living. None of my sims from the other worlds have shown up here. I took the volcano house and it is not much changed yet.

I have not removed any Sims - not mine or Maxis or the games. I have about 200 protected sims - I have interacted with anyway. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Wait a second. What if it's an ALIEN INVASION? Not from Sixam of course.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Happens to me as well. It all started after I installed Island Living.
  • EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I have, and it is not because of this latest patch. I've had this issue at least for a couple of years now. I will do one of two things, either I will delete the household, or if I want to keep the child, I'll move them in with another homeless family, and connect the family ties to give the child a bit of a back story.

I serioisly don't know why do I find this funny😂😂, maybe because I'ce seen too many sim memes about torturing sims.. and u are the opposite of that lol
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I saw one child only household and it suprised me. Trying to decide what family to move her into haha. Using a mod I have a family with 6 kids (2 adopted) that take in foster kids and find homes for them, but the family is in a different game save file and I don't think I can pick the foster child with the mod anyways :(
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I have only had this happen once. Keeping fingers crossed that this is it. A few months ago I had a bug in two of my saves where townies started having babies on their own. Eventually every nonplayed family had at least one infant. Some had multiples.
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Mine as well. I’ve already taken in a girl named Izuma, but now that I know this isn’t just be having the problem I’ll not do that anymore 😆
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Just started happening in my game too - was checking to see what 'not in world' sims had spawned and there were 3 kids.