Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New to mods help please

I want to edit some mods for personal use. But I'm confused by the info I am viewing when opening the .package files in sims 4 studio. I'm wanting to play with bladder decay, hunger decay, faster bath/shower, faster eat drink. But I'm confused by the values I see and how or what to change to achieve my desired results. I downloaded 25% faster bladder and hunger decay mods. I want these two to decay even faster. And I want to change the bath/shower and eat/drink to a little bit shorter. The bath and shower one I think i know at least part to change there are min and max time values in each of the XMLs except take bath only has a min time. But eat drink doesn't have these time values but I would like to make eating take 15 minutes if no activity interruption like chatting etc that can occur while eating. And no longer than 30 minutes with activity interruption. But I don't have a clue what to change to achieve that goal. It is my hope that as I begin to understand how certain mods work that things that don't have mods yet I'll be able to mod. Thanks.

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Hey, I'm new to modding too, so I'm still figuring stuff out. :) Since presumably the 25% faster decay mods modified the value(s) you're looking for, you're going to want to compare the original XML files to the modded ones. You should export the XML files in the package, and extract the in-game XML files using S4 Studio.

You can use TS4 XML Compare to compare differences in XML files. This tutorial lists down helpful programs for modding: https://simsvip.com/2016/06/10/create-mod-programs-modding/

Once you learn the values you need to change, you can just change them and save the package file in S4 Studio.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    I can't find the in game data to compare to which is part of the problem of knowing what was changed.
    StoneRyno wrote: »
    I can't find the in game data to compare to which is part of the problem of knowing what was changed.

Go to Sims 4 Studio > Tools > Extract Tuning to extract all the game files. Then use an editor like Notepad++ or Sublime to "Find in Files" (usually Ctrl + Shift + F) in order to look for certain text bits among a group of files. You should be able to find the original XML file that the mod was based off on.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • StoneRynoStoneRyno Posts: 43 Member
    Here's what I have for the eating mod. Food_Eat_Passive as follows in the mod as made by the mod author:
    <V t="enabled" n="lock_out_time">
        <U n="enabled">
          <U n="interval">
            <T n="lower_bound">0</T><!--changed value from 1 to 0-->
            <T n="upper_bound">1</T>
          </U>
        </U>
      </V>

Food_Eat_Active
    </L><!--Removed 'Lock_out_time'-->

For reference the lines removed from the original file are as follows:
    <V n="lock_out_time" t="enabled">
        <U n="enabled">
          <U n="interval">
            <T n="lower_bound">1</T>
            <T n="upper_bound">1</T>
          </U>
        </U>
      </V>

Problem is my sims still take an hour or longer to eat. It's almost a 50-50% chance that one meal they take forever and another mean more spot on with 20 or so at most.

And I'm not sure if this is the right file to address how long it takes sims to cook:
    <I c="Commodity" i="statistic" m="statistics.commodity" n="commodity_Buff_Object_CookingObjects" s="76609">

Thanks again for the help.
    I'm actually not sure about this one. I haven't touched XML files a lot. Maybe you can just play around with values and see what happens?

• KellikellzKellikellz Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey so sorry to bring up such an old discussion but I’m really having trouble with downloading cc. I followed all the steps and everything I have it downloaded then put into the mods folder but when it’s in the folder it shows as a package file but it has the e logo for internet explorer even though I used chrome is that the reason the cc isn’t coming into my game? Someone please help. I have wondows 10 just in case that helps.
  • KellikellzKellikellz Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Kellikellz;c-16916826"]Hey so sorry to bring up such an old discussion but I’m really having trouble with downloading cc. I followed all the steps and everything I have it downloaded then put into the mods folder but when it’s in the folder it shows as a package file but it has the e logo for internet explorer even though I used chrome is that the reason the cc isn’t coming into my game? Someone please help. I have wondows 10 just in case that helps.[/quote]

Also I have everything checked for the mods in the game
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Kellikellz wrote: »
    Hey so sorry to bring up such an old discussion but I’m really having trouble with downloading cc. I followed all the steps and everything I have it downloaded then put into the mods folder but when it’s in the folder it shows as a package file but it has the e logo for internet explorer even though I used chrome is that the reason the cc isn’t coming into my game? Someone please help. I have wondows 10 just in case that helps.

Hello @Kellikellz
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.
    Is a new mods folder generated when you load the game? If it isn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the correct one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues.
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2019
    Oh it's a necro'd thread, deleted.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • ItsForeverAutumnItsForeverAutumn Posts: 2 New Member
    Can anyone help me with seeing up my mods? I've had Sims 4 for a while now and just recently got introduced to some mods. I was hoping someone could help me set them up with teamviewer / see what my problem is maybe? I downloaded them and none of them work even after adding them into my mods folder. Please and thank you to anyone who can help.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Can anyone help me with seeing up my mods? I've had Sims 4 for a while now and just recently got introduced to some mods. I was hoping someone could help me set them up with teamviewer / see what my problem is maybe? I downloaded them and none of them work even after adding them into my mods folder. Please and thank you to anyone who can help.

Here are comprehensive instructions on how to install Mod's & CC. https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Mods-Installation-How-Troubleshooting
  • ItsProbablyMeItsProbablyMe Posts: 17 Member
    @Bananas_45 I am unable to post yet and wonder if you can help me.

I am trying to make a value be chosen from a list randomly instead of a single value being chosen.

To choose a single value this is the code which works:

<V n="initial_value" t="enabled">
    <V n="enabled" t="single">
    <T n="single">0xD7DE8921</T>
    </V>
    </V>

However, when trying to get it to choose one of multiple it won't work:

<U n="enabled" t="single">
    <L n="video_idea_list">
    <T n="single">0x65137764</T>
    <T n="single">0x2E76B8F7</T>
    </L>
    </U>
    </V>

Any idea why?
    Um my xml code formatting did not come out correctly and I can't edit my comment.
    Um my xml code formatting did not come out correctly and I can't edit my comment.

I'm really sorry but, I'm not a programmer and have no idea what you are trying to do, I just helped with a basic Mods installation question. Maybe @Triplis can help, he's a fantastic modder.
    @Bananas_45 No problem, thanks :)

@Triplis I was wondering if you could help. I am trying to change the initial_text in a dialogue box to select an option randomly from a list rather than taking one default choice.

Currently, it does this which works:

[code]
    </V>
    </V>
    [/code]

My attempt at getting it to pick a random one from a list:

[code]
    <L n="video_names_ben_test">
    <T n="single">0x65137764</T>
    <T n="single">0x2E76B8F7</T>
    </L>
    </V>
    </V>
    [/code]

My attempt causes it to not display any text. What am I doing wrong? I am very new to modding so any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Well sorry, I have no idea how to insert code snippets.
  • Gunnie1998Gunnie1998 Posts: 3 New Member
    Probably wrong forum but I recently updated my sims 4 and was forced to do a reset after words but my cc and mods won’t show up even when the option for cc and mods is checked. Someone help please.
    Gunnie1998 wrote: »
    Probably wrong forum but I recently updated my sims 4 and was forced to do a reset after words but my cc and mods won’t show up even when the option for cc and mods is checked. Someone help please.

Hello @Gunnie1998
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.
    @rosemow I will give it a look
    [quote="rosemow;c-17122614"][quote="Gunnie1998;c-17121824"]Probably wrong forum but I recently updated my sims 4 and was forced to do a reset after words but my cc and mods won’t show up even when the option for cc and mods is checked. Someone help please. [/quote]

Hello @Gunnie1998
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    If it hasn’t, do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    [/quote]

It didn’t work nothing in one drive and new mods folder isn’t popping up on my game
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Gunnie1998

It didn’t work nothing in one drive and new mods folder isn’t popping up on my game

Hello @Gunnie1998
    It sounds like the game is using another mods folder that is on your computer instead of the correct one . Try using the search bar on your computer fo try to locate the extra mods folder.
  • bittybumsbittybums Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I actually am in need of a little help. I'm not new to downloading mods or anything of that sort, but I've come across something that's getting me stuck over and over. I downloaded 3 script mods, and for some odd reason they're not appearing in my game what so ever. I've done everything I could think of, I'm sure I'm downloading them correct, but I don't know why they're not appearing in my game. All my cc is working fine, yet the mods aren't seeming to appear. Any help or tips on how I can fix this issue?
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    @bittybums Script mods (ending in .ts4script) cannot be more than 1 folder deep inside your Mods folder. So if they're in /Miods, or /Mods/scripts, they're fine - any deeper subfolders and they won't get picked up.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • bittybumsbittybums Posts: 2 New Member
    @aldavor ah okay, thank you c: