Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generation patch would be cool

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
Although we have amazing packs around family gameplay, parenthood, toddler stuff and kids room stuff, I feel there a few things still missing from it.
Another idea just popped in my head.
A generation patch update would be great for the game, no matter what simmers have it would be good so its available to everyone. Heres what I've been thinking.

Babies

.being able to cuddle babies on the couch, walking around with them in the sims arms, baby play mat, maybe a couple of colour swatches for their baby grows, changing station (toddlers & baby), baby monitor

Toddlers

A Walker, play pen

Elders

Rocking chair ( this would be good for cuddling with babies and rocking them to sleep), knitting, walking stick , hair rollers.
What do you guys think ?

Edit: just had a vision of one of my elders with hair rollers, long robe pink from spa day ( maybe make that a clothing option for base game) bunny slippers. Oooh my goodness there we have mom from bustin out 😂😂

Comments

• RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    I like the idea of all of this it would be neat i miss being able to carry babies (and sometimes leave them on the floor and going to bed oops or leaving them in clubs xD) But like all that would be great additions to the game!
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I feel out of all the life stages elders and babies are the ones that are needing abit more. I wouldn't want another pack about family gameplay but added in a patch would be good. I hope this happens some point, adds soo much more to the game.
  • emma_marie1emma_marie1 Posts: 14 New Member
    All of those things would be nice. I hate that in the sims 3 you could do so many other things with your babies, including taking them places, but now all you can do are the basic necessities and when you travel someplace they go to daycare
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I feel out of all the life stages elders and babies are the ones that are needing abit more. I wouldn't want another pack about family gameplay but added in a patch would be good. I hope this happens some point, adds soo much more to the game.

The new PC patch supposedly gives babies new diaper colors, so there's that. Also, elders can get some of the teen part-time jobs, if I read the patch right.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »

The new PC patch supposedly gives babies new diaper colors, so there's that. Also, elders can get some of the teen part-time jobs, if I read the patch right.

Actually it's toddler diapers. We don't even see baby diapers.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• newtoneanewtonea Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="emma_marie1;c-17128247"]All of those things would be nice. I hate that in the sims 3 you could do so many other things with your babies, including taking them places, but now all you can do are the basic necessities and when you travel someplace they go to daycare[/quote]

YES! I would love sims to be able to travel with babies. Like in a carrier or stroller.
  • Cest_si_BonCest_si_Bon Posts: 50 Member
    I would love to see more things for elders! I'd love to see new elder CAS stuff. Maybe new skills/hobbies like knitting and bingo, or water aerobics. New actions like "tell 'back in my day' story".
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm totally hoping and praying for something like this. Interactions that are not with just objects but eachother! More cuddling and family stuff. Being able to carry the children hide and seek,tag, imaginary games, dancing together as in actually facing eachother and holding hands or something.
    I really want spin the bottle! Kids being able to sleep between parents especially during a storm. Gosh I can go on and on I have a long list so i don't expect to get them all but yes i would love something like this.

I feel like they are thinking big like giving kids pirate ships and space ships and stuff but it's the cute little things that are most important and memorable IMO. I never use those giant kids toys I like personal interaction.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Cest_si_BonCest_si_Bon Posts: 50 Member
    I agree about the smaller things! One of my favourite things about children on sims is when they run to wake their parents after having a monster under their bed. Id like things like, having a parent brush a child's hair. And the idea of hide and seek sounds cute too, I dislike the "play" interaction with toddlers, I'd like for there to be options of play; peek a boo, hide and seek, play pretend, imaginary tea party ect...
  • 8Faith88Faith8 Posts: 3,546 Member
    I really miss sims3 generations, I loved all the things that came with that expansion. I hope the things you mentioned make it to the sims4.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited August 2019
    I just thought of something else that would be good for babies, they could add baby carriers. Your sim could be able to take their baby with them to community lots etc and still multi task and care for there baby to. Plus it's cute and if we cant get prams (strollers) this is a good alternative.