Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sorry, But I have to Rant... These BUGS!!!

JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
Ugh... getting so agitated with these BUGS!!! It's getting to the point I can't even play the game. Not an hour into the game and my toddler's needs are so low and nothing I do aside from cheating will fill his needs. He won't stay asleep and he won't eat cancelling the actions before they can even start filling. So trying to push past this so I can play the game despite the fact that my toddler could get taken away any second as he's on the verge of death I try to have a group gathering when...

24p030o.jpg
They go to hang out by the fire when her and her son catch on fire. Luckily they were able to put themselves out in the pool but NO SURPRISE here non of them can put the fire out. Now they're all outside the lot and the toddler passed out on the ground and nothing I can do to stop it but quit the game!!!
WbUrFQm.png

Comments

• babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    The toddlers are getting plates and toys stuck when they don’t put them down. So here’s what to do. Have the toddler stand idle and they will show you what is in their hand. Then use resetsim and it should take whatever they have out of their hand. Now they can sleep.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    The Toddler bug really threw me - partially, because it was the first time I had tried to play with one - but the fix when it happens is simple.

It seems to happen when a Toddler cannot properly put down a tablet, book, toy, etc. They can't potty, they can't be bathed, they can't be seated in a high chair.

To clear that, simply CTRL+Shift+C and do resetsim [firstname] [lastname] with the name of the Toddler. The book, tablet, toy or whatever it was may end up somewhere strange, but the kid will be able to have their needs addressed.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    My toddler didn't have anything in it's hands and to my knowledge it hadn't picked anything up. I've repaired the game and still same issue and I don't have any cc or mods. I will try resetting them and go that route but I'm done for the night just too annoyed with it. And it's not the only issue just the most pressing one at the moment.
    WbUrFQm.png
    edited June 2019
    The glitched object doesn't always show. The symptoms match the bug exactly, so it's absolutely where I'd start. And good luck.
    @Sindocat thank you for the info. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    The game is so much more buggy since the last patch that I actually considered taking a break myself. I know they fixed a lot of things but it seems like for every bug they fixed something else thing just broke in it's place. I hope this will be sorted out soon. I don't even want to take my sims to dine out at restaurants at the moment cause it's messed up so bad that sims are stealing each others food.
    @Sharonia I haven't tried dine out at the moment. Not sure I want to. A lot of other simmers are having issues with vampires that hinders their gameplay.

Don't get me wrong I love this game but these bugs is killing the gameplay here lately. And I don't even have island Living yet. I'm sorry but it can get annoying to keep resetting your sim bcuz their bugged or stuck. I might just wait to play when they have the toddler issue fixed but for now I'll try the reset tomorrow but if it keeps happening where I have to constantly reset my sim I'm just gonna break from gameplay till the issue is updated.

I just hope they address soon because I do love to play this game, it's my escape.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Ever since Sims 3, it seems like the developers just started caring less and less about fixing the game and making it playable. In Sims 2, whenever there was a patch, it fixed things... and almost never left anything broken in return. Those were the days when they actually cared about the players... but now it's all about money to them. I mean, Sims 3 STILL has many bugs that are never going to be fixed... that game was left broken. I fear The Sims 4 is going down the same path... the more things they add, the more broken the game seems to become.

It seems like every patch certainly fixes many issues... but it also ends up breaking many things as well. I miss the days when a patch simply fixed issues and that was it... :disappointed:

For now, I'm just building lots and creating families for my next playthrough... mostly because of the bugs the recent pack brought into the game. The game is unplayable for me right now... I just hope they listen to us and fix these issues soon... I don't wanna have to wait until next month either... we shouldn't have to.

Another major bug that's been happening is at restaurants... whenever my Sims start eating their food, another Sim will come over and just steal it from them... it's so annoying! Also, I've noticed that they don't even drink their beverages with their food anymore either... and that's also disappointing. Thankfully, I've seen other people having this issue too... so it's good to know that it's a bug. Not just my game or file.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    im hoping they have a patch and soon the game has a lot more noticeable bugs now
  • xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    I havent been able to put fires out either, i have to reset the sim for it to go away. I also have to have a chair with the fire place but in other worlds the sims can kneel down by the fire just fine in which the chair always catches fire and its pretty much a cycle.
    Ever since Sims 3, it seems like the developers just started caring less and less about fixing the game and making it playable.

I don't think that is a fair assessment at all. Bug fixes are hard, and the studio is also under pressure to produce new content. We know they do want to fix bugs because, even if a new batch just popped up (it's inevitable with new content) we also just got a bunch of them fixed.

Hearing that the devs don't care bothers me, because of course they do. These are people whose passion is games. They want to make content that is engaging and fun and - most of all - that actually works.

But there is a limited budget of resources and developers, multiple priorities, and things take time. Please consider the implication of your words before you make accusations.

Bugs do happen. Nobody likes them. I give new content plenty of time to not be new before I dive in specifically to avoid the worst frustrations. Of course they want them fixed. Ideally, they want them not to have happened. Be patient.
    ^Id kinda believe that if the same bugs were fixed that they have known of for a whiiiiile and they never get worked on-are they awful devs no, but theres definitely room to improve.
    Liiiike perhaps of making DLC for DLC they could have spent those resources fixing bugs, but thats just my opinion. And people have these opinions because actions speak and we are not new to EA. Maybe they do care but it could be more.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Ever since Sims 3, it seems like the developers just started caring less and less about fixing the game and making it playable.

I don't think that is a fair assessment at all. Bug fixes are hard, and the studio is also under pressure to produce new content. We know they do want to fix bugs because, even if a new batch just popped up (it's inevitable with new content) we also just got a bunch of them fixed.

Hearing that the devs don't care bothers me, because of course they do. These are people whose passion is games. They want to make content that is engaging and fun and - most of all - that actually works.

But there is a limited budget of resources and developers, multiple priorities, and things take time. Please consider the implication of your words before you make accusations.

Bugs do happen. Nobody likes them. I give new content plenty of time to not be new before I dive in specifically to avoid the worst frustrations. Of course they want them fixed. Ideally, they want them not to have happened. Be patient.

Yeah of course things take time, these people have had over 4 years and there are still bugs that remain from release day. Save your speech about their passion and thinking about what we say, they have had plenty of time to tackle those bugs as well as many other that plague the game.

They have already dropped their patch releases significantly since they launched the game. We used to get bug fixes on a monthly basis, now it’s just whenever they release it. No structure, and worst of all 9 times out of 10 the patch is full of very minor bugs. That coupled with the state this same studio left Sims 3, yeah save the speech about their passion. They don’t have it for this game.
  • BROWNKDSBROWNKDS Posts: 8 New Member
    I am having the same issue to where I submitted this ticket to the ea support. I don't know what the bugs are, but toddlers and needs tend to plummet pretty fast. Something as simple as sending one to the bathroom can cause a cancellation.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I think they care. Clearly they're slowly making efforts to fix the bugs. At the same time though fixing bugs shouldn't really cause more bugs. It all seems a bit unprofessional to me that a well established game company like Maxis/EA is releasing buggy broken content and allowing it to remain in such a buggy state for so long. Don't they test these things before they release them? The new expansion patch has left the game in a far worse state than it was before for me personally.

My sims are happily eating spoiled food. They look disgusted as they eat it but they carry on eating it anyway.
    Sims are stealing food in restaurants.
    Vampires are still broken and many more bugs still remain from a long time ago.

I can totally understand peoples frustration at this point.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    This is why most of the time I froze toddler motives, keeping them in a good mood is a chore when you have so many toddler related bugs happening.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member

No. Just no. Pull your head out. This is EA. A $5B a year (and declining) company. They are a top 3 video game publisher.

Small independent companies can fix their bugs and maintain a playable product just fine.

Just stop.

We should expect triple A performance from a triple A company.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    My toddler didn't have anything in it's hands and to my knowledge it hadn't picked anything up. I've repaired the game and still same issue and I don't have any cc or mods. I will try resetting them and go that route but I'm done for the night just too annoyed with it. And it's not the only issue just the most pressing one at the moment.

It sounds like you've already left the game and come back in, and that should fix the problem with toddlers getting stuck to things. (You can save the game and just quit to 'manage worlds' - you don't have to lose your progress or quit the game altogether. Taking the toddler into CAS apparently works, too.) And the little monsters are sneaky - they won't have anything in their hands, but you tell them to potty, and suddenly, you see that book or toy come out.

Anyway, the point is, if you've already quit the game and come back in and the toddler still can't do anything, I don't think it's the same bug.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I think we will get an emergency patch this week, probably Thursday. It was the same with Seasons and Get Famous if I remember correctly.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Wait has this happened since the last patch? Dang, looks like I won’t be able to play my 100 baby challenge until it’s fixed.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ah so the toddler thing is a bug. I thought it was from some mod. Good to know.
    Resetting doesn't always help though. I have two toddlers and when I try to reset one of them it says Sim not found. Luckily he's not the heir :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    I gotto admit I got a bit overwhelmed by all the small (and large) issues the patch and expansion came with. I took a few days to not even play because I lost the urge. Thankfully I got a mod patch fix for the vampires atleast, but there are many small things around in the game just... all over. I can't avoid just an area to keep rather glitch free, it's so spread out.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Ah so the toddler thing is a bug. I thought it was from some mod. Good to know.
    Resetting doesn't always help though. I have two toddlers and when I try to reset one of them it says Sim not found. Luckily he's not the heir :D

Mods almost never actually break the game... that's honestly just often an excuse for them to use.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member

No. Just no. Pull your head out. This is EA. A $5B a year (and declining) company. They are a top 3 video game publisher.

Small independent companies can fix their bugs and maintain a playable product just fine.

Just stop.

We should expect triple A performance from a triple A company.

@Sindocat exactly. Anyone who rides the developers' behinds is just ignorant. Developers do not run the company or call any of the shots.
    Anyone who "expects" the developers to answer to their complaints or "expects" there to be no bugs needs to "pull their head out" and "just stop". Plus also "expect" to equate their complaints and expectations to their own intelligence. If you don't have the intelligent capactiy to accept reality, don't expect delusions.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top