Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about the Gallery on the PS4

2...Next

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited May 2019
    Needrar wrote: »
    The gallery is not online, so, no we cannot share with others. The houses on the gallery that came with the base game were made by Maxis, i believe. However, in updates they have expanded the library to include houses/lots/roons made by pc players. They can't label them as made by "so and so" from the pc for some reason. But to sum it up, no we don't have an online gallery like pc. There is talk of a possible online gallery for console but nothing concrete as yet.

And Households. We've been getting households created by other simmers from the pc including your's truly. 2 of mine got sent to the console library. My Simself and the Stein Household Michelle and Ben.

@catloverplayer What is you're selfsims name? Found stein and millie.

Either Catloverplayer,Player,Carter or Jeff Carter.
    Needrar wrote: »
    The gallery is not online, so, no we cannot share with others. The houses on the gallery that came with the base game were made by Maxis, i believe. However, in updates they have expanded the library to include houses/lots/roons made by pc players. They can't label them as made by "so and so" from the pc for some reason. But to sum it up, no we don't have an online gallery like pc. There is talk of a possible online gallery for console but nothing concrete as yet.

And Households. We've been getting households created by other simmers from the pc including your's truly. 2 of mine got sent to the console library. My Simself and the Stein Household Michelle and Ben.

@catloverplayer What is you're selfsims name? Found stein and millie.

Either Catloverplayer,Player,Carter or Jeff Carter.

Millie was made by Maxis.
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Ok. Thank you. 👍
  • WhoovesieWhoovesie Posts: 3 New Member
    I was told in a chat with the support that it will only be a couple more weeks. So yea! Can't wait. I hope middinggis close behind!
    *modding
  • PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    Whoovesie wrote: »
    I was told in a chat with the support that it will only be a couple more weeks. So yea! Can't wait. I hope middinggis close behind!

A couple of weeks till we get online gallery? That is great news!
    Whoovesie wrote: »

I hope so but customer support chat is often wrong about things like this. I wouldn't get my hopes up however it would be nice to get the gallery just in time for Island Living July 16th.
    It wouldn't be hard. I always hate when companies say that it's "hard to port (give x reason) to console because of (give reason that's obviously false if you think about it) so please suck it up well get around to it (when we can make it a cash cow without 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off every gamer)." I mean the lady on customer service was really nice, but let's face it. EA is INFAMOUS about stepping on the toes of their fans. I mean does anyone remember the Battlefront 2 loot box fiasco? What I saying is EA is in it for the money and I wish I could be proven otherwise. I mean one way to prove me wrong and I will bite my tounge if they do it, is free expansions for the sims 4 and more effort into porting the gallery vs making another expensive expansion. That said I do enjoy Sims 4 but it needs the public gallery as it gets really old looking only at my sims and the sims made by Maxis. Pets included in previous statement.
  • PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I really hope to see the online gallery soon.
    I'm tired of the premade sims... I always end up marrying the same ones...
    And by creating new sims in CAS, you lose the thrill in discovering each sim traits, because you already know.
    With the new traits randomizer, maybe it will be a little better, but after trying the gallery on PC, I really understood how convenient it is to have tons of already made sims available with just a click.
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • emma_marie1emma_marie1 Posts: 14 New Member
    An online gallery would be so amazing. It's hard having to create a new sim for every new family you make because after a while they all tend to look the same. What would be amazing is if the console games could support mods and cc, then the game would be almost perfect.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Just got myself an external drive for my console, loading times are a lot quicker. Moved all my packs and base to it. It's also great if I want another console or if it breaks down I dont need to install it back on lol
  • PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    edited June 2019
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Just got myself an external drive for my console, loading times are a lot quicker. Moved all my packs and base to it. It's also great if I want another console or if it breaks down I dont need to install it back on lol
    That's really interesting... @Nikkih do you play on ps4 or xbox? If loading gets faster, I might consider doing the same... How many packs do you have? (what's the total size of the files?) Do you have other games installed on the external drive?

Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
    edited June 2019
    Its ps4 slim I have its 500GB in my system storage, I ported all my packs and base to a 2TB (2,000GB) external drive, i have all the packs out on console so far, my console is loading the game while travelling etc in 6 seconds, the total of my content is 70GB @PifflePrincess
    Post edited by Nikkih on
    This is if you have a playstation 4 its compatible with all types classic ps4, ps4 slim and pro, this is what I have
    https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/seagate-2tb-game-drive-for-ps4-2493841 @PifflePrincess
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    Was able to upload my XBox lots and families and download them on PS4. Just had to track down my EA xbox ID.
    I'm pretty happy with that, so I'm set. Gallery is a success in my opinion. 👍