Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUGS? Anyone else experiencing??

I have a sim with the child of the ocean trait. Every time he eats Kalua Pork he gets the debuff Stomach Squall from eating fish. Pork is not fish and this meal uses pineapples soooooo why..LOL

I have been having some routing issues at the more luxury beach. Sims seems to be stuck in a loop and not moving even my sim that I was controlling. Time moved all the way to 6pm and I got annoyed so I map traveled back home and time was reset back to 1pm. I went back to that beach and had the same problem. I have edited the beach and added some towels, extended the dock, added another table, etc.

Anyway anyone else experiencing these two things before I start going through mods.

Comments

• HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I have zero mods and I can confirm for Pork. Also for routing issues. In general this happened in over water homes for me. Sims just constantly looping around from one routing point to another unable to do the dedicated action. And much more:

- Fishing aspiration goal to fish from 3 different spots can not be completed using Sulani spots for me
    - Whims to fish for certain amount of time are not fulfilled in Sulani in my game
    - New collectibles periodically vanishing from my sim inventory
    - All seashells spawn in exactly same spots daily and if previous spawn is not cleared they stack one over another. In a week my sims were simply picking 6-7 shells from one spot
    - When I started a kava party the goal to socialize with guests 12 times was completed immediately even before any guests arrived.

That's it for now. Less than three hours of gameplay. It's the first time I've decided to play completely without mods and to enjoy 100% vanilla game. Well... I have enough. Will be back after moders will come out with minor bug fixes. Or after it'll be patched by EA.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Quite a few bugs here as well though the worst one for me seems to be with the pre EP patch and not the EP itself. Basically toddlers get stuck with a toy or object in their hand and cannot complete actions such as eating or sleeping. I can get them going again by entering and exiting CAS but it’s frustrating to say the least.

Also noticed my sims have zero whims. No idea why. They’re not generating any!
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I also had a toddler who couldn't eat after playing with a toy! But I thought it was just the same issue as with adult sims looping in Sulani. (Solved it by sending adults to another lot so the toddler was sent to daycare). Well now I need to check it with toddlers not in Sulani world.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I can't verify the pork, the seashells or the routing issues. Where my Sims have gone and are living atm, the routing is fine, although they haven't gone far. I haven't tried the pork or the seashell or even the kawa party thing at all but I can verify the fishing from 3 different spots on the island isn't updating the aspiration.

Doesn't bother me much with this Sim because she will be visiting the mainland often as she as a lot of friends there. Probably will move back when she grows up. But I hope they will fix it because I will probably have Sims in the future that will only live on the island and visit the mainland very rarely.

But I have had the collectibles disappear on my before the Island expansion. Which is why I regularly empty out their inventory and get the storage containers for the collectibles (for those I don't display that is).
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    @Harukotyan I have seen these issues as well with the seashell spawn and the kava party social. @Lomelindi7 I have no whims either but I thought it was one of my mods.

@SimGuruNick Can you please look into these issues?
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Only bug I'm having so far is just the flooring on the over the water houses. Anything outside that's not in an actual room (like walkways or whatever) disappear. The sims stand in the spot, but the floor itself isn't visible. When I click on a spot to have them walk to another part of the invisible floor, it gives me the options for them to swim - it's like it's not recognizing there's flooring there at all. Otherwise, from what I've seen so far, things are great...but that floor glitch is obnoxious.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

a_niles06 wrote: »
    Only bug I'm having so far is just the flooring on the over the water houses. Anything outside that's not in an actual room (like walkways or whatever) disappear. The sims stand in the spot, but the floor itself isn't visible. When I click on a spot to have them walk to another part of the invisible floor, it gives me the options for them to swim - it's like it's not recognizing there's flooring there at all. Otherwise, from what I've seen so far, things are great...but that floor glitch is obnoxious.

Ugh. I haven't built any houses over the water yet but now I am worried.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've had these two so far:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-Toddler-issues-with-eating-sleeping-stuck-toys/m-p/7955699#M91994
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-IL-Sulani-doesn-t-count-for-Fish-in-3-different/m-p/7964160/highlight/true#M92868

My work around for the toddler one is not to play with certain toys... it's a pain yes but there is lots to do for me otherwise so I'm good for a bit. Not a big family player though it would be a real pain if I were. The fishing one .. you go to the other worlds and ding off three spots then go back to Sulani if that's where you started from. It could definitely disrupt stories but didn't break my game.

Make sure you are reporting or starting a report for an issue your having.
    egTcBMc.png
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    @keekee53 yeah, it's not good... :|:#

06-22-19-4-20-46-PM.png
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Lomelindi7 - For the whims, this may not be a bug. If you just started a new game, you have to turn whims on in the Game Options Menu. For some reason, it's automatically set to default to not have whims. I had this same issue and had forgotten they made a change to this awhile back. But once I enabled it in the Game Options menu, the whims were back as normal. Hope this helps.
  • Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    @keekee53 and @Lomelindi7 Check in settings for the whims.. I'm away from my PC at the minute but I'm sure I saw a setting in there. Mine was unchecked and I don't remember doing it, I'm sure it was whim related..

The only other issue I've had (not even sure if it's pack related) was I had a birthday cake on the counter and did the age up, they swirled and the text came up, but my sim didn't age up. Tried again on the table and it worked?
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’ve had a bit of simulation lag. Definitely not my PCs and seen other people same issues.
    NPCs spawning in my house and getting stuck.
    Also sims pick up dirty dishes and will carry them out the room and leave them on a table but not actually wash them. Especially annoying if they are in the kitchen.
    Dogs are back to peeing on decking.
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    @keekee53 yeah, it's not good... :|:#

06-22-19-4-20-46-PM.png

wow that is bad :(
    @Cherryrose_x and @Sha2520032003 Yes that was the issue. The setting was not checked. I don't remember reading about that setting in any patch notes. Thanks guys for the info. :)
  • anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    I have two for now one of them is when i am playing on the empty 50x50 lot at Sulani Npc vendors are spawning inside on the house and the other one is tan problem when my sims skin returns to normal color the portrait of the sims changes and its is not my sims face when i realized i was like who is this person on the left
    anoses wrote: »
    I have two for now one of them is when i am playing on the empty 50x50 lot at Sulani Npc vendors are spawning inside on the house and the other one is tan problem when my sims skin returns to normal color the portrait of the sims changes and its is not my sims face when i realized i was like who is this person on the left

That’s the lot I’m having that issue on too.
  • anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    I have a bug report for that lot i have tried everything i am not using this lot again
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I just had a bug. My sims were eating out and a woman came by and stole a plate of spaghetti and ate it! Then my sims friend jumped up from the table and headed toward another table to steal some meat on a stick that was just served. She didn't make it though. Whomever ordered it grabbed it and started eating it, keeping a close eye on my sims friend. It was funny, but annoying. That spaghetti was expensive to my poor sim.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’m having the toddler issues described, too. I can solve it by having the toddler “go here” and stand idle. Then they show what’s in their hand. Then resetsim fixes it.

Same bug with the aspiration for 3 fishing locations not recognizing any in Sulani. However, fishing for 10 hours was fulfilled in Sulani for me.

One of my sims kept spinning in and out of her clothes after a shower (the IL shower). I have been using resetsim a lot, lol.

Went to a park with a large toddler playground with the tubes and ball pit. The last time I was there, it was with a toddler who had maxed creativity and the special effects (seaweed and stuff) were going on it. They were still there on today’s visit but no one was playing in it and the child observing this has low creativity skill. The game lagged with her selected. The teen couldn’t see the effects so that part was normal.

Pretty buggy but no dealbreakers for me, knock on wood, I am having fun with the EP.
    @anoses and @MidnightAura are you guys referring to the lot near the luxury beach? The empty one? I feel like that area is really buggy.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I’ve had a bit of simulation lag. Definitely not my PCs and seen other people same issues.
    Also sims pick up dirty dishes and will carry them out the room and leave them on a table but not actually wash them. Especially annoying if they are in the kitchen.
    Hasn't that always been an issue though them not cleaning dishes and setting them down?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    @Harukotyan I have seen these issues as well with the seashell spawn and the kava party social. @Lomelindi7 I have no whims either but I thought it was one of my mods.

@SimGuruNick Can you please look into these issues?

Make sure your whims are turned on in the options.
    keekee53 wrote: »
    @anoses and @MidnightAura are you guys referring to the lot near the luxury beach? The empty one? I feel like that area is really buggy.

I Noticed it on the luxury beach lot. I can’t actually test the empty lot next to it as it has made that particular save unplayable.

In my other save I have less serious but just as annoying bugs.
    Hasn't that always been an issue though them not cleaning dishes and setting them down?

Not when I last played. They wouldn’t be in the kitchen and purposefully walk through to the next room to set a dish down after they have Just cooked it. To then have to be told to go and get it and not bring it back.

But leaving the kitchen after the meal to dump the dish on a shelf and walking away I’ve never saw. Makes no sense.
  • ArielPreizArielPreiz Posts: 473 Member
    BUGS I am having are when I went to one the beach's and put down some more towels I can't even see them on the beach Objects are Medium and I can see everything else boats, jetski's, etc so I have no idea why

I have been unable to find the clean up area though too :frowning:
    Origin ID: EsmeGraham
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top