Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims stealing food & drink (gripe)

I just need to vent a bit.

It's been forever since I took one of my Sims out to get a coffee, so I sent the one who was off work to a café in Windenburg. Had him order a Macchiato which wass the most expensive drink. There were only one other customer - Brytani Cho, but my Sim ordered as the first. As soon as his coffee was placed for him, the (very bad word for woman) steals his Macchiato while he is left with her cheap to-go.

I utterly hate it when this happens and right now I feel like making her croak in some horrible way. Or at the very least choke on that coffee of his...

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Comments

• KomeettaaKomeettaa Posts: 27 Member
    honestly i hate this so much

90% of the time my first drink i order just gets stolen :/
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, I have MCCC installed and decided to give her an untimely end. It may seem a bit harsh, but the sheer number of times this has happened simply pushes me over the edge. One can only take so much frustration. A big thanks to Deaderpool <3

• CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    When this happens in my game I make my sim go over to the thief and become enemies. I don't use mean interactions often otherwise.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Its so annoying. Especially when you order the plasma drink and a human sim swipes it.
    Like that was my cup of plasma, but fine enjoy cardiac explosion.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: I like how gangsta Sims get when it comes to food. And it's such a great reason to start a fight! :) On a bit more "serious" note, I would enjoy it more if there was an interaction to react to this. If you could pick doing it politely like pointing out that they took your order and then, depending on the other sims personality, they would either apologize and buy you another serving or be unapologetic about it. And the other option would be to call them out on it. That would be pretty cool.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i actually make several of my sims do this to unplayed sims when i take them to bars or whatever. "ooh, that looks like a nice drink. mine!" and the townie sits there for a second, then orders another drink. fair play since they do it to mine so frequently
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited February 2019
    I've basically stopped using the Café venue and have turned mine into Restaurants instead. No random sims joining my conversations or sitting next to strangers, no musical chairs, and no one stealing the food and drinks away. Café they say? More like Cafeteria :(
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i actually make several of my sims do this to unplayed sims when i take them to bars or whatever. "ooh, that looks like a nice drink. mine!" and the townie sits there for a second, then orders another drink. fair play since they do it to mine so frequently

I loled, i dont think i have experienced sim stealing my drink/food but i do get annoyed when some sim visited my house and "make themselves at home" by grabbing dish at the fridge I was like "Whaatt??" And forcefully use resetSim to take what is mine, most of the time.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    The Café venues are broken and have been for a while now. Pity, because I loved to take my Sims there. The bars are not affected (knock on wood!) so far and getting food and drink from them is fine. I find that if I put a café down where its not traditionally placed, like in parks and libraries and such and have my Sims just hire a barista the drinks and food don't get stolen. But then again, your Sim(s) are the only ones buying anyway...
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Eww, I really hate this with a passion as well. But once a while back I was playing a sim who was having a really really rotten, bad, horrible day, or in her case week, and it was the tail end of that week. To give you an idea of some of her issues, her husband left her for some or fella. After spending some time around the house moping around she decided to get out of the house, and head to a bar to get herself a drink. While there, she was still stiffing at the bar waiting, when her order was placed down right in front of her. Some woman walked right up and stole her drink. Well, my sim was not having any part of that went up to her (with a little encouragement from me) and fought that woman. Long story shorter, my sim won the fight, the woman left, and my sim took back her drink, and thoroughly enjoyed her victory.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @LaBlue0314 I'm glad it ended that well. My Sim who has maxed out his fitness skill lost a fight with Geoffrey Landgraab earlier. Would you believe it? The shame is almost unbearable :#

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Had this problem with a one premise Gefforey 'Drinkgraab' at bars and parties. Don't have the frustrations at cafes less it's overly crowded and at peak hours. :s

Other than that I tend to go to cafes in the mornings.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It used to bug me a lot until I realized I can just steal it right back from them! When they go to sit down at a table (they nearly always do) there's a moment between setting it down and setting themselves down when the opportunity is ripe! I just steal it back and enjoy my meal. I paid for it after all!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I am getting very angry with this too. Fix it EA! >.>
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's got a lot worse since the last patch. My sims food is being stolen from their tables in restaurants.
  • LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    Well that's given me a great idea for next time I'm in Starbucks
  • RainbowIslandRainbowIsland Posts: 20 Member
    My sim stole his dates plate today and I thought it was working as intended. :D
    You guys think its a bug or might it be behavior connected to traits? He really isnt a nice sim.
  • mrsr99tsomrsr99tso Posts: 219 Member
    I've never experienced this before until the last patch. I hope they fix this soon. At this point, I'll just keep my sims home.
  • ZhivankarstZhivankarst Posts: 745 Member
    edited July 2019
    This used to drive me mad! Now I just get even. As soon as the townie's (none of my sims to date have been caught doing this) hands touch the plate, and before you can say, "Townie slobber on my din-din," I pause the game, reset the offender, causing the plate with the yet-untouched food to appear on the ground in front of them and shift click on the offender and modify in CAS, replacing them with one of the many sims in my gallery.

One less socially maladaptive and frog-faced townie in rotation and dinner is saved.
    Post edited by Zhivankarst on
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    This happens all the time...It's driving me crazy :#
  • darkchadmeisterdarkchadmeister Posts: 62 Member
    I had it happen last night when going to restaurant. Food gets delivered and townie strolls up and immediately steals the plate eating it front of the couple. I just couldn't help but laugh imagining if this ever happened IRL.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    If you haven't 'me-too'd' the bug report for this, please do so!
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Yeah, I killed the first sim that stole food too. My sims were stopping for breakfast before going on a trip to Sulani, so I had to cheat away the death moodlet so it wouldn't ruin the trip. Stopped killing everyone when I realised my sims would get quite lonely if I did.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I started deleting food snatchers in my game the other night after they kept coming back. First, they snatched the main course and then they came back to steal dessert. I think I wiped out most of the adult pre-made population by the time my Sims finally got to drink something. Nobody steals sparkling water. The culprits were Bjorn and Clara, Geoffrey and Nancy. Victor and Lily, Mortimer and Bella - they're all gone now.

I added my "Me Too" to the bug report.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    It used to bug me a lot until I realized I can just steal it right back from them! When they go to sit down at a table (they nearly always do) there's a moment between setting it down and setting themselves down when the opportunity is ripe! I just steal it back and enjoy my meal. I paid for it after all!

I have to say...I have been so mad that I have been making my sims do this. I will spam click that plate until they have their food back.

OP, I agree with you. This is the worse bug ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top