Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living- Mysterious treasure trove in hidden objects menu

Hi folks, I was curious about the hiddenobjects and found this treasure trove. I don´t know how you would find one in the game. Placed in the world the option to open is grey and it says that the lock is so rusty even the key can´t open it which may lay on the ocean floor. The object description says it is very old. Has anyone found it proper in the game and was even able to open it? Tried to use my mermaid, but didn´t work. She spends whole day diving for treasures but nothing worked so far. BTW this time hiddenobjects does not show all collectible items...

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Good question, I'd love to know this as well. :)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited June 2019
    Could be the one you get when reaching level three of the diver career?
    just read about it here https://simscommunity.info/2019/06/22/the-sims-4-island-living-diver-career-guide/
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    Could be the one you get when reaching level three of the diver career?
    just read about it here https://simscommunity.info/2019/06/22/the-sims-4-island-living-diver-career-guide/

It can't be.....sims can't interact with it :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Oh sounds interesting! I wonder what it is and where it actually comes from...
  • aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    I think I saw on another thread that someone found a treasure chest with greyed out option to open in the cave. Maybe it's like the Forgotten Grotto and you have to reach a certain skill level, maybe handiness or fitness, to open it??
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    My test sim has all skill maxed (no cheats I play her from the beginning), but it didn´t work. Good idea with the carreer max, but all of the failed. I also tried to whistle the conch in front of the chest and put it on a lot with Island Spirits (also let one Sim with the trait summon the Island ghosts), but nothing worked. After thousands of visits in the cave the graffito doesnßt complete, so here is my guess, that it could be a bug that has to be fixed like the lifestyle career in Get famous...
  • aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    What about the Beach Life Aspiration? My mermaid has that and one of her goals in level 3 is "Discover Buried Treasure." I don't know if that would make a difference or not. I haven't quite gotten there yet. Or it might just be a bug (more than likely).
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • FourLeafChloverFourLeafChlover Posts: 1 New Member
    You can find the Chest in game in the Admiral's Wreckage on Mua Pel'am island. I misread what it said so I've been looking for a key... now I'm guessing there isn't one. Major bummer
    Thank you FourLeafClover, one mystery solved another one still to go. Will try open it tonight with different moods.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    The one you get as a career reward can't be opened. My mermaid just had the option to "admire it".
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    It’s a joke made by the devs, that interaction is a fake “open”. There isn’t an option to open it up. :/
  • onlyabidoangonlyabidoang Posts: 82 Member
    RexZheng wrote: »
    It’s a joke made by the devs, that interaction is a fake “open”. There isn’t an option to open it up. :/

Aww that's too bad. Where do they stated that though? I'm a bit curious

• RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    abidoang wrote: »
    RexZheng wrote: »

Aww that's too bad. Where do they stated that though? I'm a bit curious

If you look for this chest in S4S you will notice this object has its inventory disabled so it contains nothing.
    Thats a cruel joke with the fans. I think they should fix it with a patch. At least make it useable as chest to store the island treasures collection,