Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Thanks @MidnightAura for the information. I am kind of exploring the pack blind, as I haven't watched the Livestream or anything. It's kind of fun exploring this way to find out what's new :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is kind of a premade mystery to me.. I guess it's a fill in your own story kind of like with Johnny Zest.

There is a teenager in Island Living named Duane Talla. He lives with and is part of the Kealoha household, but there is no relation to any of them. I really like that this family is set up like this, but I'm not sure if there might be clues as to why he lives with them? This is both a did you know and do you know :D!
    vzUHi43.jpg
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Mermaids cry if they see mounted fish and they get a sad moodlet about how they lost a fish friend.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    One of a couple of the island events that happens. It happened to be raining and I noticed down along the end of the beach there was something going on. Locals were at the dock catching some fish, but not too far from it was a food stand for you to buy bait, order food and bring your own fish. Meaning if you bring your own fish for the vendor to make your meal it'll end up being cheaper. Think the fish stew was about 10 simoleons and I paid 2 instead plus it was excellent quality. :p
    VLcMmau.png
    Y8k4o2B.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Mermaids in mermaid form sound different to their human form! 🧜‍♀️😻
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Hey, does anyone know if mermaids have fins in the hottub from Perfect Patio Stuff? I'm thinking of getting the stuff pack but wanna know before I buy. If someone has Patio Stuff already and wanted to check I'd be grateful :blush:
  • Options
    teeteelouiseteeteelouise Posts: 121 Member
    brsy wrote: »
    Did you know you can host a "KAVA PARTY" which you make and drink kava .....however too much kava can cause extreme EXTREME relaxation :*;)

I would like to RSVP to this party, please and thank you!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Oh, also, there were rumours about a secret mermaid beach floating around before release. Any word on if its true?
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    GTW spine tattoo & scale blush, Vampires face details & eyes, everything from previous occults looks good on mermaid.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just spotted a sim with a red ! above her head. Hovered over her and it said 'Anti Environmentalist'. There was a lot of rubbish floating in the sea round this area too and my mermaid had the option to 'Confront about wrong doing' or 'Ask nicely to leave.'
    U4YUA8J.png
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    I just spotted a sim with a red ! above her head. Hovered over her and it said 'Anti Environmentalist'. There was a lot of rubbish floating in the sea round this area too and my mermaid had the option to 'Confront about wrong doing' or 'Ask nicely to leave.'
    Oh, that is great!

• Options
    If your sim has a low fitness skill theylm more than likely catch a cramp and if your sim eats before getting into the ocean they'll all catch a cramp. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Mermaids cry if they see mounted fish and they get a sad moodlet about how they lost a fish friend.

:'( Ohh noooooo
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    sophlesimmersophlesimmer Posts: 19 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Gamerlil wrote: »
    >
    > Did you no there is a new death type death by sharks
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes. You ll increase your chances of encountering a shark by swimming out to the red bouy. That's were the deep part is.

That is frightening xd
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If your sim has the ocean lover trait he/she will get a sad moodlet (lost a fish friend) when fishing.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    One of a couple of the island events that happens. It happened to be raining and I noticed down along the end of the beach there was something going on. Locals were at the dock catching some fish, but not too far from it was a food stand for you to buy bait, order food and bring your own fish. Meaning if you bring your own fish for the vendor to make your meal it'll end up being cheaper. Think the fish stew was about 10 simoleons and I paid 2 instead plus it was excellent quality. :p
    VLcMmau.png
    Y8k4o2B.png

I love this! Where was this exactly? :D

Nevermind, I recognized it xD going to sleep now but when I play again I'll keep an eye on that spot!
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been said but my mermaid didn't like to eat fish! Not sure if it is a mermaid thing or to do with one of the traits? She has both new ones.

Had an Uncomfortable moodlet. Stomach Squall. Devouring the fishy friend has left a foul feeling within.

And as I was writing this... Vlad came and drained her blood. So vampires like mermaid blood too!

I think it is from the child of the ocean trait. My sim hated eating and gets sad fishing, etc...

The devs said merfolk do not like fishermen or people who eat fish - the fish are their friends and pets, etc and they are half fish themselves. Think about it - if you were half a species wouldn't it feel like eating your ancestors?

I don't really consider a random fish my ancestor.
  • Options
    RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    Zussage wrote: »
    Hey, does anyone know if mermaids have fins in the hottub from Perfect Patio Stuff? I'm thinking of getting the stuff pack but wanna know before I buy. If someone has Patio Stuff already and wanted to check I'd be grateful :blush:

Sadly they don’t.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Besides anti-conservationists, you can get fish poachers, who will show up and start fishing all the exotic fish.
    You get a pop-up for the hatch event. You can cheer on the baby turtles and watch them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Zussage wrote: »
    Oh, also, there were rumours about a secret mermaid beach floating around before release. Any word on if its true?

The gurus mentioned it in their Q&A live stream this morning. It's on the same island as the volcano but it's an Easter egg lot that allows you to visit there once your mermaid reaches a certain skill level. I think it was at about the halfway mark in the stream.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Does anyone know if you can turn off Elementals? Creeped me out when I saw them in trailer. Haven't started playing yet as I'm replacing townies, adding my own Sims and re-building and remodeling before I start my game play.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can turn off Elementals? Creeped me out when I saw them in trailer. Haven't started playing yet as I'm replacing townies, adding my own Sims and re-building and remodeling before I start my game play.

I don't think so, but can't you just not summon them? Or do they appear on their own sometimes?
  • Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    If you give a sim with the trait "Child of the Ocean" fish to eat they will get a sad moodlet!
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    If you want your sims to jump directly off their deck into the water, it needs to have a ladder.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner