Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires can't use dark meditation anymore?

I've started all over, removed my mod and everything, all looks good until I try to have my vampire do some dark meditation. However, all he does is waving his arm and shrug, as if something was blocking his way. Is this a new feature or something? Not sure how that's gonna help, though.

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, having the same issue here.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Better max out that occult power, then. xD
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Same here. I started a clean save after the patch, no mods or cc in the game at all and made a new vampire. She also has influence emotions in her vampire menu when she is outside only. She doesn't have the ability but when clicked she gets the question mark above her head like she does when trying to meditate.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    Same thing with the Influence Emotions. You can't do it inside a building anymore it seems, and when you are outside the Sim just gets the question mark thought bubble, as if they don't know what to do. I know the latest patch supposedly fixed and changed some Vampire stuff, but they've obviously messed other stuff up.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Uh oh... Doesn't sound good. Why are vampires constantly breaking?

I actually have a mod that only allows me to use dark.meditation once ever 24 hours because it seemed too overpowered, but not at all isn't good.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    The 18 June patch includes some changes for upcoming stuff in Island Living, but they seem to have broke some things with Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions.

If you're not opposed to using mods, I found out what was causing the issues and created a fix for them: Vampire Interactions Fixes. It should let you play normally again until an official patch is released.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Galactrix wrote: »
    The 18 June patch includes some changes for upcoming stuff in Island Living, but they seem to have broke some things with Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions.

If you're not opposed to using mods, I found out what was causing the issues and created a fix for them: Vampire Interactions Fixes. It should let you play normally again until an official patch is released.

Exactly those 2 don't work for me either. So thanks, I'll definitely have a look at your mod tomorrow!
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Dark Meditation is broken for me too but everything else seems to be working nicely.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    Dark Meditation is broken for me too but everything else seems to be working nicely.

Yeah, I'm just glad they can still feed. xD
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    > @Stutum said:
    > Catzilla wrote: »
    >
    > Dark Meditation is broken for me too but everything else seems to be working nicely.

>
    > Yeah, I'm just glad they can still feed. xD

No kidding! Can you imagine: The drama, the chaos, oh, the inhumanity! of starving vampires. ;)
  • Options
    Rainoa92Rainoa92 Posts: 20 Member
    i dont mod sims4 at all, & broken for me too :(
    i was wondering if a new save would fix but from what i have read of ppl trying already cus broken mods it wont work X.X not that i wanted to start new save anyways lol.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Vanilla game, no mods or cc, new save, repaired game, dark meditation is broke.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member

Thanks for the quick action, and made sure to Me Too that bug report, as well! Better that it gets attention soon.
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    > @Stutum said:
    > Catzilla wrote: »
    >
    > Dark Meditation is broken for me too but everything else seems to be working nicely.

>
    > Yeah, I'm just glad they can still feed. xD

No kidding! Can you imagine: The drama, the chaos, oh, the inhumanity! of starving vampires. ;)

Van Helsing approved! :D
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Do not have any mods even n my computer yet, wanting to wait for things to be updated and I am having the same 2 issues, heading over to Me Too on the EA page now too.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Please Press 'Me Too' in this thread if Dark Meditation does not work for you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Dark-Meditation-causes-routing-failure/m-p/7955016#M91883

and also press 'Me Too' if Influence Emotions also does not work for you: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Influence-Emotion-no-longer-working/m-p/7955246#M91918

:)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    edited June 2019
    This is what happens when you have separate teams working on three different types of packs. It seems to me that they could group their land-based actions into "target" and "self" actions and treat each accordingly in the code.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member

Thank you! My vampires would have been unplayable in that state.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

So I tried this but I find that I'm still not seeing the Influence Emotions interaction inside? Dark meditation works fine though.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! My babies!

Thank you so much @Galactrix for a quick fix! <3

#Team Occult
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    Dark meditation is broken for me as well. Most of my vampires don't have it though.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 it :'( I was so happy that finally the umbrella bug was fixed. But that now the dark meditation doesn't work any more is just... argh! And the fact that the old weaknesses are still indicated, although they have been changed for a long time, is also simply disappointing.

Those bugs first showed up six months ago (at least with me). Is it taking again that long to fix? :(:(:(
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    Oh no. Now I don't want to update my game. I rely on dark meditation for my vampire sim.
    I know it's not that big of a deal, but I've gotten into the habit of listening to him sing and play the guitar all night while the rest of his human family sleeps. If he can't do dark meditation, he'll have to sleep like everyone else.
  • Options
    Rainoa92Rainoa92 Posts: 20 Member
    i have read storys ppl's sims have died due to this bug

also storys of doors going MIA after patch i had this happen to vlads house didnt notice till few ingame days when someone was trapped outside and i was like WTH are u doing why dont u go use bathroom lol o no door, same for kitchen door all rest seems to have been fine.
    now if that sim was a vampire at the time she would have died being stuck outside....

i also had this strange thing after she got the baby bed thing u get after having a baby, the babys (she had twin girls) after they was not needed anymore i tried to sell them thought i did and moved on and noticed they was still their, i thought to myself didnt i sell them... so i tried again but every time i picked 1 up throw it on to be sold their was another 1 in its place.... finally i was able to sell them and not have them their anymore lol

thats just all the bugs including dark meditation i have had after this patch & cant believe they have not put out a hotfix for some this stuff

also lost 1 of the babys got taken away, i could not feed the babys for the life of me every time i try the sim would pick them up sec they start to eat keeping them from eating... nice AI we got here... the baby stuff seem to be HUGE HUGE HUGE BROKEN but this but from what i read is from a while ago not this patch but wow how has that not been fixed yet...
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Alongside this, I also can't use my influence emotions power...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top