Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member

I'm so excited for this pack! Mostly because of mermaids. I mean, they're MERMAIDS, guys!
  • EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
    Curious as to what new fruits, veggies & flowers are sims will be able to grow. ;) Already making plans for new self sustainable lots! :)
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Curious as to what new fruits, veggies & flowers are sims will be able to grow. ;) Already making plans for new self sustainable lots! :)

So far we know about taro root, kava plant, coconut and pineapple. Plus there seem to be about a dozen new fish, and several new appropriate dishes as well.

• RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member

So far we know about taro root, kava plant, coconut and pineapple. Plus there seem to be about a dozen new fish, and several new appropriate dishes as well.

Pineapple? Oh dear. Will this cause our sims to debate and have traits about pineapple topping on pizza. :D
    I can see the trait squares infront of me already!

Pineapple Topping Enthusiast
    You don't care what other sims may think.
    Pineapple is THE best topping on pizza!

Pineapple Topping Adversary
    Pineapple!? On a pizza!? What manner of erratic
    plum sim would do such a crime to a pizza?!
    :#
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Pineapple? Oh dear. Will this cause our sims to debate and have traits about pineapple topping on pizza. :D
    I can see the trait squares infront of me already!

Pineapple Topping Enthusiast
    You don't care what other sims may think.
    Pineapple is THE best topping on pizza!

Pineapple Topping Adversary
    Pineapple!? On a pizza!? What manner of erratic
    plum sim would do such a crime to a pizza?!
    :#

Pinapple on pizza is natural. It's spam on pizza I am afraid of.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    My favourite youtube video of Island Living comes from Simscommunity especially the build and buy one. Just a short verbal introduction and a quick run through of everything in verbal silence with a gentle music soundtrack. Just what I like!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqIOEpk_LW4
  • mjsimmerxmjsimmerx Posts: 11 New Member
    [quote="Cerulea;c-17101902"]I'm curious about how will everyone approach this EP? I'm planning on making a new sim that is a siren to start my adventure off. I was honestly debating whether or not I would continue with the sim I'm currently playing with. However, the prospect of a siren is too good to pass up!

What about you guys? are you guys planning on starting a new game? continue on with a sim you already created? [/quote]

I have a story of a wealthy sim who is a doctor and has become very stressed out from work, and breaks up with the boyfriend. Then moves to Sulani and starts a new life. She gets a job later on and falls in love with a Sulanian. 😉
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I'll probably do both. Like for my existing save I am gonna be having them go there for a beach day. And in a new save I'm gonna have a couple and the girlfriend is secretly a Mermaid, but is slowly being corrupted by a sea hag.
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2019
    I've already made a sims 4 version of Salty Seaworth...Salty Seaworthy, who is a brother of Merfolk King Triton--a sims 4 version of Triton King. When I have them become mermen, Salty will begin luring sims to their death--until he falls in love...but he'll still be evil. I'll have Triton be leader of a merfolk club...maybe a conservationist or a lifeguard.
    I love what I've seen of Island Living so far and am looking forward to release day.
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    Okay so this post says June 21st for PC, but on Origin it states June 20th... I found contradicting dates when trying to just find what time the game releases! I want to know if I can access it at midnight or not... I guess I'll just wait and find out! <3
    MochiMomma wrote: »
    Okay so this post says June 21st for PC, but on Origin it states June 20th... I found contradicting dates when trying to just find what time the game releases! I want to know if I can access it at midnight or not... I guess I'll just wait and find out! <3

There tend to be a difference between "downloadable date" and "actually startable date".
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    l create a lot of relatives in my game which takes a lot of time but very rewarding and enjoyable. So Island Living will give me an opportunity to move them into their own houses. I wonder how many other Simmers have replaced every household with their own creations and always replaces the random townies--me all the way. Happy Island Living! :D
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    Looking good :)
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • ThycontiThyconti Posts: 5 New Member
    Is it serious that EA will only release tomorrow for who BUY the game while who has not spent 1 dollar is already playing the new expansion? It's frustrating.
  • Rashel1456Rashel1456 Posts: 36 Member
    > @rjssim said:
    > This is definitely gonna be my new favorite expansion!

mine too @rjssim
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    Is it just me? I find the new expansion packs REALLY!! expensive. $50 & 60+, I may get out of Sims at these kinds of pricing for expanding. I had been off game for a time and I see they have put a lot more items under lock for skills development. I find that rather strange. (Though it won't affect me in the building & decorating)
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Is it just me? I find the new expansion packs REALLY!! expensive. $50 & 60+, I may get out of Sims at these kinds of pricing for expanding. I had been off game for a time and I see they have put a lot more items under lock for skills development. I find that rather strange. (Though it won't affect me in the building & decorating)

You can always wait for a sale.
    image.png
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just got the Pre-Order for Island Living, I so can not wait for it to download tomorrow, I am very excited bout the Realm of Magic coming as well, I as well as many have waited ( Years) for this stuff, I think Everyone else got most of what they wanted thus far, so I think it is our turn finally to get the Supernatural stuff we have been wanting . Still waiting on Werewolves as well I really want those in My game, :) , I can not wait to add the tails to the Mermaids I already made in Gallery, and can not wait to make new ones as well.
    > @BlueBlack007 said:
    > I just got the Pre-Order for Island Living, I so can not wait for it to download tomorrow, I am very excited bout the Realm of Magic coming as well, I as well as many have waited ( Years) for this stuff, I think Everyone else got most of what they wanted thus far, so I think it is our turn finally to get the Supernatural stuff we have been wanting . Still waiting on Werewolves as well I really want those in My game, :) , I can not wait to add the tails to the Mermaids I already made in Gallery, and can not wait to make new ones as well.
    @BlueBlack007 i can't wait for tomorrow
    > @catloverplayer
    i am Rashel i love your profile pick
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member

The poses for the mermaids look pretty cool behind the sim. I like that. ;O

Not stiff or boring at all had expected them to be about like the usual, but I am surprised.

5vJrxmT.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Rashel1456 wrote: »
    > @catloverplayer
    i am Rashel i love your profile pick

Thank you.
    edited June 2019

Price has gone up 30 SEK (swedish Crowns) here, but that's because the Dollar is really strong right now. For the first time in 10 years it's above 10 SEK per Dollar. It tends to be around 8 SEK per Dollar.
    So, by consequence, anything bought from America gets a price hike (from 399 to 429 SEK for an expansion pack on Origin, for example).
  • sophlesimmersophlesimmer Posts: 19 Member
    I love this new pack but mine is already brokennn ack. Great work EA! It's so cool for the bit I could explore