Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Footprints in the sand?!?

8xSKjdj.jpg

I love it. I love details like that OMG.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I am aware I could just pop a test sim in m game and find out myself, BUT I am about to spend quite some time recording building, so I thought I'd just ask and maybe get a quick answer. Has anyone tested freelance career and part time jobs together yet
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I just went ahead and tested it myself. I am quite disappointed to say you aren't allowed to have both a freelance career and a part time job. Since freelancers don't have a set schedule at all, I'm sure that you can't hold a part time job and full time job either, regardless of whether they conflict. I'm actually quite disappointed by this.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims can already go into the water you guys... look!

naMijll.png

When I clicked the water and saw an "Wade here" option I was like what is the meaning of this? Then my sim just went into the water and I was like WHUUUUUUUUT?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

naMijll.png

When I clicked the water and saw an "Wade here" option I was like what is the meaning of this? Then my sim just went into the water and I was like WHUUUUUUUUT?

Huh? Doesn't work near my lot in BB xD
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Please report the UI Issue to @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin.
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    Something that I noticed is that in the build/buy the pool is called pool and open water
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

naMijll.png

It only seems to be working on the BG worlds in certain areas!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love that they gave Strangerville a fishing spot!

There is custom content of a nude lower half, in case anyone needs it for a particularly revealing swimsuit. It doesn't show anything you wouldn't want children to see.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited June 2019

Thank you for posting this as I was unsure if it was a bug or not. I've spent ages sorting all my lots because of it.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

naMijll.png

And windenburg and magnolia promenade :). It’s fun to play with I sent my sim all over testing it lol.
    netney52 wrote: »

Thank you for posting this as I was unsure if it was a bug or not. I've spent ages sorting all my lots because of it.

Your Welcome. Hope it gets fixed by Friday in an emergency patch.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

naMijll.png

And windenburg and magnolia promenade :). It’s fun to play with I sent my sim all over testing it lol.

This is a very pleasant surprise. I guess they didn't mention it because they didn't want to hype it up too much. But it's a good start, considering that I didn't think they'd make any changes in the first place in this patch
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    I didn't manage to have 2 part time jobs...what did I do wrong??? I tried with 2 sims.
    also, they cant have a part time job while being in the freelance career - which is just plain stupid.

-Yarden.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I didn't manage to have 2 part time jobs...what did I do wrong??? I tried with 2 sims.
    also, they cant have a part time job while being in the freelance career - which is just plain stupid.

Since Freelancer counts as a full-time job, it's a game limitation. They'd need to rework Freelancing to count as a part-time job.

Edit:
    Mxe7QCd.jpg
    Putting this as a full screenshot, not a clip, to show a few things:
    First, the tooltip on the fish is completely redone, showing info about size, in addition to rarity.
    Second, around the sign is another spot when a sim can wade into the water, even though the space allowing it is minimal.
    Edit 2: On the other hand, the "new fish caught"/"new harvestable found" notification does nothing when I click "open notebook" - if anyone knows whether it's a game bug or caused by mod...
    Post edited by TomasGrizzly on
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    In the patch notes it states that they fixed toddlers but for me they are still completely broken, my sims will go to the high chair put the toddler inside, give him food then take him out and put him in again then take him out and just stand there for hours, its so frustrating and is completely ruining the game for me because I like raising lots of sims :( has anyone else had issues like this? also I had a weird bug where plates and toys float mid air lol
    Is there any advantage in using the high chair, compared to just dragging a group meal from the fridge and letting the toddler grab a serving?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Is there any advantage in using the high chair, compared to just dragging a group meal from the fridge and letting the toddler grab a serving?

It lets you serve certain ready-made toddler dishes like peas or applesauce. Otherwise it's for storytelling and immersion purposes
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    My sims won’t automatically change into pjs when going to bed, is anyone else having this problem?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    My sims won’t automatically change into pjs when going to bed, is anyone else having this problem?

Do you have MCCC mod? And, if so, are you updated to the latest version - 6.3.1?
    edited June 2019

Do you have MCCC mod? And, if so, are you updated to the latest version - 6.3.1?

It seems the last MCCC update did not solve this issue for toddlers - at least not completely. MCCC still reports errors when a toddler goes to bed.
    Unfortunately, I have not found a way to submit the file to him without using discord and I sure don't want to register for yet another platform just to send a single file.

Edit: in general, it's possible any mods related to outfits might have issues as they changed the outfits menu for the nude lots.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

It seems the last MCCC update did not solve this issue for toddlers - at least not completely. MCCC still reports errors when a toddler goes to bed.
    Unfortunately, I have not found a way to submit the file to him without using discord and I sure don't want to register for yet another platform just to send a single file.

Edit: in general, it's possible any mods related to outfits might have issues as they changed the outfits menu for the nude lots.
    Yes, I'm seeing this too. I'll mention it on the help thread here in the forums but I'm sure the modder is already aware of it.