March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited June 2019
    Pinmat135 wrote: »
    I'm planning on starting my first-ever SimLit soon - a Bachelorette Challenge (I have the domain - it will be found here). Does anyone have any tips for me as a first-time SimLit writer? That would be very helpful. Thanks! :)

Don't stress yourself out when writing or put yourself on a strict schedule, this just adds more stress. Don't overthink (something I do too much :D ) If the plot is game-driven, let the game guide you, if not, do the next logical step plot-wise. Hope this helps! :)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hiya @Pinmat135! Welcome! The best advice I can give you is have fun. Don't stress too much about challenge rules. I like to just have a go at things and see how they turn out, letting the gameplay guide the storytelling.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    @NyteRose and @AdamsEve1231, thanks for the advice!

I know I said I'd be starting a Bachelorette Challenge, but due to issues with the Gallery (it won't let me view lots correctly, and I am not a builder, so I ain't making my own), that will have to be postponed. I'm currently starting on a different story, in which our main character tries to make her way up the social ladder until she is a Global Superstar. The introduction chapter is almost finished, so I'll post the link here when it's done!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    tumblr_pt68v5oiX51wkuvbxo1_1280.png

You heard me right! Thanks to TS4's new Pride game patch (though this event is for any and all games) and some IRL happenings that most of you know about already, you have until June 19th to submit sims.

Hold up. Are those shirts a Road to El Dorado reference? As in the most aggressively bisexual kids' movie of all time? Because they're giving me life right now.

Il adore that movie so much .. I've drawn those two together so many times... In fact, I thinkjim going to go watch it again.
    The character intro to Finding a Claim to Fame is out!
    Finding-AClaim-To-Fame.jpg
    The post can be found here.
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    Shadami wrote: »

You heard me right! Thanks to TS4's new Pride game patch (though this event is for any and all games) and some IRL happenings that most of you know about already, you have until June 19th to submit sims.

Hold up. Are those shirts a Road to El Dorado reference? As in the most aggressively bisexual kids' movie of all time? Because they're giving me life right now.

Il adore that movie so much .. I've drawn those two together so many times... In fact, I thinkjim going to go watch it again.

I really need to rewatch it -- it's been ages. My partner and I are both bi, so I imagine we'd get even more of a kick out of it if we watched it now.

On a related/Pride month note - just wanted to thank all of you for your inclusion of 'hetero-passing' bisexual couples. It can be discouraging to be told you aren't "really bi" if you're in a relationship with someone of the opposite gender. I've often had my identity questioned, including largely by gay/queer people, because my 'public' relationships have all been with men. Sometimes feel like we're taking 'the easy way' by being in a 'straight-appearing' relationship. So it's nice to hear about all manner of relationships in your stories, across the LGBTQ+ spectrum.
    In particular @divanthesimmer's note about his sim Jarred's parents made me smile. Is it weird I look forward to being an openly bi parent? :sweat_smile:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Morningstar: thanks! I'm going entirely with community submissions but I'm glad to include any form of bisexuality that simmers will submit (though my own stories nowadays lean heavily towards everyone being with the same sex)

Most of the best mums and dads I've met are bi so I have high hopes for your future. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

She looks like a great character, @Pinmat135 !
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    CathyTea wrote: »

She looks like a great character, @Pinmat135 !

Thank you very much! I see you liked the character introduction (I reloaded my Stats page and went OHMYGOD SOMEONE LIKED MY POST! and opened the post up to see who :lol:).
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    *pokes @CathyTea* still reading the Swansons?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    @Morningstar: thanks! I'm going entirely with community submissions but I'm glad to include any form of bisexuality that simmers will submit (though my own stories nowadays lean heavily towards everyone being with the same sex)

Most of the best mums and dads I've met are bi so I have high hopes for your future. :p
    :love::love::love:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited June 2019
    Black Swan has a new chapter!
    Stranger in the Dark
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i'm sad. i don't use theword depressed anymore cause of anthony. ui cheats broke. again.also randmizer thing only works with ea traits. .
    MadameLee wrote: »
    *pokes @CathyTea* still reading the Swansons?

while your waiting would you mind doing me a favor? ui broke again can you tell me when its updated. i don't use patreon so i don't know how to find it.
    Chapter 1 of Finding a Claim to Fame is out!
    Chapter1.jpg
    Also, yes, I did post another chapter (well, character intro) earlier today. I'm very motivated by my 5 views, 3 likes, and 3 new followers! Wow I'm famous! :lol::lol::lol:
    @NyteRose and @AdamsEve1231, thanks for the advice!

I know I said I'd be starting a Bachelorette Challenge, but due to issues with the Gallery (it won't let me view lots correctly, and I am not a builder, so I ain't making my own), that will have to be postponed. I'm currently starting on a different story, in which our main character tries to make her way up the social ladder until she is a Global Superstar. The introduction chapter is almost finished, so I'll post the link here when it's done!

There are TS4 updates today so maybe that's why you're having Gallery issues.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@Pinmat135 She is beautiful. Is that custom attire or is it from Get Famous? I don't have GF so I don't know.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited June 2019
    i'm sad. i don't use theword depressed anymore cause of anthony. ui cheats broke. again.also randmizer thing only works with ea traits. .

I appreciate your sensitivity, @friendsfan367. I'm sure Anthony does too. :)

Hope ui cheats are updated soon. It's probably cause of the update EA just released. I usually wait a day or two to play after an update to avoid this problem.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

@Morningstar and @InfraGreen now I feel doubly compelled to include Bill Racket from CFT since he is bi and in a heteronormative marriage of convenience to Rachel. I might revisit the subject with generation 2 if I ever get around to it. :tongue:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

I appreciate your sensitivity, @friendsfan367. I'm sure Anthony does too. :)

Hope ui cheats are updated soon. It's probably cause of the update EA just released. I usually wait a day or two to play after an update to avoid this problem.

anthony teaches me a lot about it. like everyone he has good and bad days. but someyimes something happens where its really bad. or in some cases really good . i got him a dog. and the next thing i knew anika was pregnant,

@Pinmat135 She is beautiful. Is that custom attire or is it from Get Famous? I don't have GF so I don't know.

Yes, it is from Get Famous. I don't use CC - the one time I remember doing so about three-quarters of them wouldn't work when I tried to open up the game. It's the third Everyday Quick Outfits option (I normally use Quick Outfits because I'm not any sort of fashionista and prefer maximizing my gameplay time over spending hours getting my sims to look just right) for GF.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

@Morningstar and @InfraGreen now I feel doubly compelled to include Bill Racket from CFT since he is bi and in a heteronormative marriage of convenience to Rachel. I might revisit the subject with generation 2 if I ever get around to it. :tongue:

@AdamsEve1231 Do eet! If I seemed to imply that there was a limit to how many sims you could submit or how "LGBT" they had to appear then I was wrong. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr

@AdamsEve1231 Do eet! If I seemed to imply that there was a limit to how many sims you could submit or how "LGBT" they had to appear then I was wrong. ;)

@InfraGreen Oh no. Didn't misunderstand you. I was just debating since I don't really have 1 particular chapter of his to showcase.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Shadami wrote: »

I really need to rewatch it -- it's been ages. My partner and I are both bi, so I imagine we'd get even more of a kick out of it if we watched it now.

On a related/Pride month note - just wanted to thank all of you for your inclusion of 'hetero-passing' bisexual couples. It can be discouraging to be told you aren't "really bi" if you're in a relationship with someone of the opposite gender. I've often had my identity questioned, including largely by gay/queer people, because my 'public' relationships have all been with men. Sometimes feel like we're taking 'the easy way' by being in a 'straight-appearing' relationship. So it's nice to hear about all manner of relationships in your stories, across the LGBTQ+ spectrum.
    In particular @divanthesimmer's note about his sim Jarred's parents made me smile. Is it weird I look forward to being an openly bi parent? :sweat_smile:

Pansexual female with a crush on a male here! I make jokes about being a "bad gay", but I don't actually find it funny that bi and pan people have to worry about being judged for falling in love. Love is Love means everyone.
    41tidg8.jpg

green can we please set the pride thing to the 30th. the benders are literally locked in their homes right now so i have to wait til i can add doors before i can play.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top