Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    ON1u3G1.png

So my sim lost his swim shorts when he took a dive in the pool :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Just something I was curious about. It does make sense
    eCL9Y3I.png
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Footprints in the sand?!?

8xSKjdj.jpg

:oooooo

That was the most surprising thing about this patch so far. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Sims can't lounge on the chair and read a book at the same time. Kind of disappointing

Yeah I tried as well and no luck. They can drink drinks and lounge though so that’s nice.
    edited June 2019
    Pets also leave paw prints in the sand, just like they do for snow!

WQbKzIK.png
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Is it just me or is the game's ability to take screenshots with the UI on broken? The UI doesn't show up even with the toggle on :\

I just noticed this too while I was in CAS.

If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Sims can't lounge on the chair and read a book at the same time. Kind of disappointing

Yeah I tried as well and no luck. They can drink drinks and lounge though so that’s nice.

Ooh, at least it's something. I guess they couldn't get lounging and reading to work with the multitasking system.

uc?id=14ypEBJsvVCY2kpkTSpefCjhSsPc6LlYa

Hey, it's something
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Yay! Looks great! Oh but will the no festival clothes mod be broken? I despise seeing them walk around in those clothes. Sorry if I’m asking an obvious question I’m new to mods so haven’t had to worry before.
    Akl500P wrote: »

Ooh, at least it's something. I guess they couldn't get lounging and reading to work with the multitasking system.

uc?id=14ypEBJsvVCY2kpkTSpefCjhSsPc6LlYa

Hey, it's something

Loungin' while sippin' on a drink is everything. :D

we all try ...
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    It is going to take me half an hour to get through the bug fixes ... and what is this "Gender Preference now affects flirt options."? This sounds amazing!

I thought it always did? I did a bit of testing in this realm and found I could effectively make a sim "straight", "gay" or "bi/pan" just by having them flirt enough with the preferred gender, and I'd only see flirt options show up in the contextual menu on that sim when interacting with a sim of their preferred gender. Is there more to this aspect with this patch? Is this more for non-active sims?
    If they updated the sand terrain in other worlds to show footprints, does this mean the game acknowledges these areas for sand activities if you have Island Living installed? They might as well, right?

uc?id=1xY2iZga_NmW1Ci8KEYbqJlhhxGG6-SQq

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    If they updated the sand terrain in other worlds to show footprints, does this mean the game acknowledges these areas for sand activities if you have Island Living installed? They might as well, right?

Wondering the same. That would be great if those activities were tied to sand. I could make sandboxes 😊

They probably work for anywhere that has sand terrain paint. Which means we'll be able to make parks with sandboxes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • hlauremhlaurem Posts: 1 New Member
    Is anyone else having trouble zooming in and out of the game? I’m playing on a MacBook, I’ve trued repairing the game and disabling the mods but I still can’t zoom in or out
    edited June 2019

They probably work for anywhere that has sand terrain paint. Which means we'll be able to make parks with sandboxes.

I hope so *fingers crossed*

Also, I just realized: what if I tried combining the fast internet and off-the-grid lot traits?

And...it didn't work. I'm not sure, but this might be the first instance of conflicting lot traits

Edit: I also tried an oil lamp with the off-the-grid trait, and it didn't work. Until I read the description and saw that it's an electricity-powered replica :D

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Netzspannung such a clever idea! Thanks a lot! <3
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    All I did was remember this trick from the bodysuit that came with the Backyard Stuff pack, but I am glad I was able to help. :)

we all try ...
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    Is it just me or is the game's ability to take screenshots with the UI on broken? The UI doesn't show up even with the toggle on :\

Do you guys mean by the pressing C option? Try taking one by how your system does it, mine is holding the Alt key and Prnt scr

Do you guys mean by the pressing C option? Try taking one by how your system does it, mine is holding the Alt key and Prnt scr

I know how to take a screenshot. :) But there is an option in game to take pictures and videos with and without the UI and it seems to be broken, at least for pictures.

we all try ...
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Eh let's just say that motherhood just became a whole lot more relaxing.

cw73oZk.png
    Sigzy is right, btw

uc?id=19jslAxevsj3-iCq9jD8bfq1wqj43jUgQ
    Functional sandboxes in IL plz

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited June 2019
    1.46 GB ... the size of an EP

1.61 GB -- EP01 Get To Work
    1.65 GB -- EP02 Get Together
    2.48 GB -- EP03 City Living
    1.92 GB -- EP04 Cats & Dogs
    1.34 GB -- EP05 Seasons
    2.61 GB -- EP06 Get Famous

Another thing Sulani is a ... desert

vn3xe63izkx2.jpg
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @icmnfrsh unfortunately, I saw somewhere that the sandcastles only can be built on the beach with IL. Maybe suggest to the Gurus they patch it in at a later date? I'm happy to be wrong about this, but I don't think we'll get functional sand boxes. Sorry.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Aine wrote: »
    @icmnfrsh unfortunately, I saw somewhere that the sandcastles only can be built on the beach with IL. Maybe suggest to the Gurus they patch it in at a later date? I'm happy to be wrong about this, but I don't think we'll get functional sand boxes. Sorry.

Sad. I don't think it would've been hard for them to include sand activities in the other beaches if ocean swimming was too hard. :\ TS4 has a lot of nice things but it has its limitations :(

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Aine wrote: »

Sad. I don't think it would've been hard for them to include sand activities in the other beaches if ocean swimming was too hard. :\ TS4 has a lot of nice things but it has its limitations :(
    Yes, I agree. I don't think it would be too hard for them to patch it in at a later point though, so if we make enough noise...
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---