Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who wants burglars, firefighters and police back?

NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
Those three NPCs have been a huge part of the game since day 1 in the sims. Burglars and police added harmless drama, added a tiny bit of threat aswell. I've got to admit I miss them lol firefighters add realism.

Who wants burglars, firefighters and police back? 87 votes

I want just the police and burglars back
1%
Alexciel 1 vote
I only want firefighters
8%
Paulmarch76jooxisDamien555RavenSpitsofasimMorkovkaCest_si_Bon 7 votes
I want all 3 to return
87%
JeanAlexaivyvexthornebela4drake_mccartyWrathGirl666mlmeadowswrenstalesKhrisstyneshanetra09BabykittyjadeRavager619iNikkiBearFelicity1169Trashmagicannaliese39affleck11SimmerMarsMaggieMarleybarbiegoes 76 votes
I dont want any to return the game
3%
Writin_RegRionAgriasWinthorpe 3 votes

Comments

• RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Regarding firefighters, they'd be a buggy mess in a game that's not open-world. Nope...
    Burglars are just Sims 4 vampires that wake you up and are easily stopped by putting an alarm outside your house. You end up with a negative moodlet in Sims 3 and it'll end up like the noisy neighbors in apartments.
    Police... is this supposed to an active career? We have detectives where you throw people in jail, but kind of pointless and buggy. If you mean random NPCs that fight burglars, they're worthless, too. They get beat up by the burglars most of the time.
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2019
    I want all 3 to return
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    Regarding firefighters, they'd be a buggy mess in a game that's not open-world. Nope...
    Burglars are just Sims 4 vampires that wake you up and are easily stopped by putting an alarm outside your house. You end up with a negative moodlet in Sims 3 and it'll end up like the noisy neighbors in apartments.
    Police... is this supposed to an active career? We have detectives where you throw people in jail, but kind of pointless and buggy. If you mean random NPCs that fight burglars, they're worthless, too. They get beat up by the burglars most of the time.

You make some good points. I voted for all 3 but really what I'd really like to see is some major updates to the npc's a.i. It'd also be really nice to be able to leave your sims at home without coming back to find them all half dead. They really need to improve whatever controls "self care" for sims because it's really terrible. If they improved the a.i. then maybe firemen, burglers and police would actually work. Most likely that's the reason they aren't in the game in the first place.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    I want all 3 of them to return but cars must return before them otherwise I don't want them. I need firemen to pull up to the lot in a firetruck with flashing lights and for the police to be able to put the burglar in the backseat of their car and not just poof.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I want all 3 of them to return but cars must return before them otherwise I don't want them. I need firemen to pull up to the lot in a firetruck with flashing lights and for the police to be able to put the burglar in the backseat of their car and not just poof.

I feel like if these three were added, they'd have object "cars" that function somewhat like NPC vehicles in Sims 2, in that they'd drop off the NPC who would use them while they're on the lot, then drive off and that's it. I'd be happy with just that much, though having cars back in their entirety would be ideal.

Anyways, I miss all of these characters. Burglars were an ordeal to deal with, but added just that much more depth, playability and random zaniness that made the game so engaging, and cops and firefighters were also a fun touch.
    RionAgrias wrote: »

You make some good points. I voted for all 3 but really what I'd really like to see is some major updates to the npc's a.i. It'd also be really nice to be able to leave your sims at home without coming back to find them all half dead. They really need to improve whatever controls "self care" for sims because it's really terrible. If they improved the a.i. then maybe firemen, burglers and police would actually work. Most likely that's the reason they aren't in the game in the first place.

I don't like leaving one of my Sims alone if I have a multi-sim household. It's a toss-up on whether the Reaper is there when you get back. Heaven forbid you go to work and have a toddler/baby at home w/nanny. Better find a way to kill the social worker. You won't see improvements to the AI, so yeah.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    They can have them coming out a helicopter, but cars would be better, the police can show up if a kid or teen is over there curfew aswell lol
    edited June 2019
    I want all 3 to return
    I just want a little bit more drama added to the game and those 3 NPC did just that. The sim world is far too perfect 😂
    Or know what else would be cool in the urbz they were villains that mugged people etc. It was okay for 12 year olds back then so why not lol
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I just want a little bit more drama added to the game and those 3 NPC did just that. The sim world is far too perfect 😂
    Or know what else would be cool in the urbz they were villains that mugged people etc. It was okay for 12 year olds back then so why not lol

I knew I couldn't be the only one thinking things were just too peaceful in this game, lol. I never thought I'd actually want there to be a possibility of my sims being mugged but jeez, give us something. Vampires aren't even a threat in this universe, and they're vampires, come on now.
    I want all 3 to return
    Make it 40% chance of a villain showing up on the community lot you are in so it doesn't happen constantly , you can phone the police, fight them back cartoon style lol, make you sims praised from the other sims on that lot if you did 😂 and I know my human sim has 3 that is her friends lol , maybe have mugging etc in your interactions but they are consciences if you do lol
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    I miss when my Sim in TS3 would beat up the burglar and then hit on the cop afterward. That was fun.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    I really miss them!!
    Burglars added that little bit of thrill that TS4 lacks. Imagine interactions with Cats & Dogs, with pets trying to defend their home or running away scared, depending on their traits.

And I really thought firefighters were a thing in TS4, so the first time a fire started in my house, I was there waiting for them to show up... my kitchen was destroyed and one of my sims almost died...
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • 3oin35353oin3535 Posts: 1 New Member
    I want all 3 to return
    I really really REALLY want all those dudes back. it would add more spice and realism to the game.

Also, I don't want to have my sim put out fires
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I only want firefighters
    I want firefighter career, maybe even an active one: saving kittens from trees, educating scouts about fire safety and maybe some occasional actual firefighting.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    So long as you can stop the Burglars, or the Police do, because my inability to get my stolen stuff back in The Sims 3 made me despise them.
  • TØPTØP Posts: 26 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    yes i really want them back! I found the thief annoying in the sims 3. But now in the sims 4 I miss them very much. I also want firefighters back, if the alarm goes off, because I "accidentally" burn people.
    By the way, I have voted for "all 3", but we already have police?...Or not?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5143110
    TØP wrote: »
    yes i really want them back! I found the thief annoying in the sims 3. But now in the sims 4 I miss them very much. I also want firefighters back, if the alarm goes off, because I "accidentally" burn people.
    By the way, I have voted for "all 3", but we already have police?...Or not?

Do you consider detectives, police? They're a hybrid that has a jail. Do you want the police to be a career, or an NPC job? If it's a job, do you want it to be an active career like detectives?
  • iNikkiBeariNikkiBear Posts: 25 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    I really miss all three- the detective career is nice since they give you a jail and a story line. I just don't think it's the same- I want the cop car with the flashing red and blue lights! I really want all of them back!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    And all other NPCs. Wow after nearly 5 years we still don't have them. At this point we'll never see them back again.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I only want firefighters
    I'm honestly glad burglars are not in the sims4, was one of those things that was fun to have happen 1-3x but after that it just got annoying, don't really remember much about the police actually....
    firefighters are the only ones I missed, but not that much either.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2019
    I want all 3 to return
    We have detectives, It would be fun if We got called to a museum or a expensive mansion that was in the process of getting robbed.
    like the thief trips security, and the Police station gets an alert.

you get to the scene and you either successfully apprehend the thief or, the thief gets away and opens the chance to solve a robbery case to track down the thief, recover the stolen items and put the robber in jail.

With The Realm of Magic on the way I would like to be able to use my sim's Powers to Stop a thief. Same with Vampires and Hopefully in the near future, werewolves. I feel like if a Thief dare broke into my Sorcerer's House or werewolf's Mansion, it would be an epic scene! my sorcerer would roast the thief alive, and the werewolf, maim the thief.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    I would like to have all of them in game. I liked how they were in Sims 2, haven't played Sims 3 so I don't know if they were better or worse in there.

Also would like to be able to do something when sim with kleptomaniac trait is stealing stuff from my store for example, it's annoying to just watch them to steal your stuff and not be able to do anything! (It's been some time since that happened, so I don't know if that thing has changed.)

Have anybody else noticed that all paparazzi sims always have kleptomaniac trait?

I don't think everyone of should have that trait.. it would fit better with that stan(?) sim (both from Get Famous EP). I was thinking that it was supposed to be their trait or something but there was mistake made and now all paparazzi sims have that trait.. I don't know.

Does anyone has that happening in game? For me it's 100% of time, and I have more than one game save that I play and that happens in all of them. I always delete them or change their traits, since I don't too much kleptomaniacs in my game especially because you can't do noting when you see them stealing stuff.
  • MoaMoa Posts: 33 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    yes!!!
  • AnnaRAnnaR Posts: 23 Member
    I want all 3 to return
    We need them back already!
  • Cest_si_BonCest_si_Bon Posts: 50 Member
    I only want firefighters
    Burglars used to make me anxious... haha! However, I'd like firefighters back as my Sims tend to start alot of fires (accidentally, of course!) And I'd rather get my sim out of the house and let the firefighters put it out. I also like the idea of making firefighter a career.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    I want all 3 to return
    Me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3dHVrWtiTI

mHdgPlU.jpg?1