Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Island Living?

1235...Next

Comments

• mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I like it!
    I am a few months behind with all the sims stuff, and when I saw the quick trailer last week with the mermaid and beach clean-up crew, I admit, I kind of rolled my eyes. But I recently watched a youtuber's more in-depth intro to the pack, and I admit, I am excited for this now. The island looks beautiful and there are lots of lots!! I might still wait for a half-off sale though as I still have to catch up on Strangerville and months of updates... but I will be buying the pack for sure.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I love it! I’m going to buy it the day it releases.
    Buying it because of the family play. Seeing the toddler build the sand castle, swimming with their floaties, the ocean swimming activities, the beach builds over the water, boats, aqua jets and the beach-that sold me. So excited to be able to replace and fill Sulani will all new Sims families I'm going to create.--Yippee!
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    @Beardedgeek @XxAirixX I agree 100% about the cultural aspect. It's something that I feel people tend to really look over that, in my opinion, is one of the most important aspects of the game. Even regarding the whole vacation aspect people seem to be missing with IL, vacation is also about experiencing the culture of the place you're visiting. One of the things I'm most excited about with this EP is learning about Sulani culture and engaging in traditions with the locals.
  • xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2019
    I like it!
    @EnjoyfulSimmer Yes they are! I'm realllllyyyy hoping that Realm of Magic has the same effort put into it as others and if we are blessed with another occult by god please hope its more than one XD. City Living was really great and gave you that exact apartment/city life style, not my favorite but definitely a nice one. Seasons yes, not only did it at a whole new mechanic-weather! but it also felt like alot was put into it. When i have that feeling that a game was really worked on it tends to be some of my favorites. What was that small stuff pack with the hamsters? Its packs like that-that make me grrrrr-wasted time to really flesh out a really *stuffed* game pack...pun intended?

My worry with occults though is that its going to be spread out for example "cats and dogs" and then that hamster pack XD only for "Caged birds pack!" type of feel where it COULD have been all together and seem like a really neat pack lol. Could you imagine buying a pack for each life stage lol-But im getting a bit off topic XD.

Atleast we do get a new world (quite nice looking) and scary sim drowning sirens-i mean very pleasant mermaids.

(lets hope for carnival/circus after the paradise feeling of island living-okay ill leave)
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Meh.
    went from excited to being ambivalent about it, just like almost every ep they announce.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I like it!
    It’s not THE pack for me, but I’m absolutely looking forward to playing it!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I’m fine with it.
    looks like a decent pack to me
    giphy.gif

• Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    edited June 2019
    I like it!
    I would like pirates too, please. As well as being able to surf/windsurf, be attacked by crabs, become crab king (like with bees in Seasons), collect/farm coconuts, find messages in a bottle, shark attacks, whales, dolphins; that point where you can't tell if it's a mermaid or a dolphin, be able to use binoculars/telescopes in first-person from your Sim, new 'Bahama Radio', bring back hula girls/boys, lays, castaway Sims that tie in to Sims 2, limbo, split career for lifeguard hero or Navy rear-admiral, fisherman/woman career, possible yacht parties, new sea/underwater woo-hoo, sky gliding/diving. To think of a few.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Captain_C wrote: »
    I would like pirates too, please. As well as being able to surf/windsurf, be attacked by crabs, become crab king (like with bees in Seasons), collect/farm coconuts, find messages in a bottle, shark attacks, whales, dolphins; that point where you can't tell if it's a mermaid or a dolphin, be able to use binoculars/telescopes in first-person from your Sim, new 'Bahama Radio', bring back hula girls/boys, lays, castaway Sims that tie in to Sims 2, limbo, split career for lifeguard hero or Navy rear-admiral, fisherman/woman career, possible yacht parties, new sea/underwater woo-hoo, sky gliding/diving. To think of a few.
    @Captain_C There is a fisherman career.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I like it!
    I like to see good cross-play between packs. It's not a sign of packs being unable to stand on their own, it's a sign of pack synergy. Dogs being able to swim is good for those who like to play with dogs because it adds another bit of realism for them. Same with family players and toddlers in the ocean - more so if it gives skills from Parenthood pack. Same with Seasons and tropical storms as a weather type fit for the specific location or some other synergies people might (and will) find.

If a pack was completely separate from all of the rest, that'd be a bad design in my opinion.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Definitely putting a spa in Sulani!

A clothing optional one.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek