Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

Comments

• godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    They fixed the amount of excitement surrounding celebs in other areas. Yaaas
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm so exited they overhauled the fishing skill! Like they did with gardening for Seasons! And they finally updated ceiling fans! So awesome! Plus they added more fishing spots to previous worlds!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    What is an "eaves" extension? As in roofing? Cool!

They snuck that in. They also snuck in back floating to the pool. No word on whether kiss on water made it to pools.

Glad they fixed the graphic issues with Del Sol Valley.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited June 2019
    What floating in swimming pools! Wow that’s something I’m really excited about. Good bug fixes too oh that pesky high chair lol. Also yay for celebs being toned down outside Del sol. It never caused issues for me but I know other people will really like this fix

Edit: it’s downloaded I’m going in
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    When you extend them clicking those arrows on the side and corners
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    This patch makes me very happy. I've wanted part-time jobs for adults for so long and the bug fixes for vampires literally brought a cheer out of me.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I hope the gender preference flirting thing means my sims will stop flirting with sims of the same gender now. I'm glad to hear celebs won't appear outside of Del Sol as much as before (assuming that works).
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

They snuck that in. They also snuck in back floating to the pool. No word on whether kiss on water made it to pools.

Glad they fixed the graphic issues with Del Sol Valley.

I think I heard a game changer say it was available for all. (Kiss in water)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

You're welcome :)

I've also now learned why my sims kept overheating:
    Coffee and Tea is safe to drink again. Sims will no longer receive the “Lethal Heat” buff and die upon returning home after drinking three hot beverages. :joy: glad that's solved!
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    This patch is really good. I'm going to try fishing now.
    I hope the gender preference flirting thing means my sims will stop flirting with sims of the same gender now. I'm glad to hear celebs won't appear outside of Del Sol as much as before (assuming that works).
    Hope it works too, hate seeng the famous blond lady walking around Oasis Springs in my starter home neighborhood all casually. Just doesn’t fit
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    They fixed my vampires! I could cry. It's been since November since poor Lia could function properly (and ditch those dang umbrellas). The Celeb thing and really a lot of the other fixes are really appreciated.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

Definitely my 3 favourite swatches of the new pride shirt:

fjZE69y.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...

fjZE69y.jpg
    Always look forward to your photos! Your amazing!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

fjZE69y.jpg

That's a cute shirt!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Eek. I am so excited for everything!! I am so pumped for the Trait Randomizer! Fiiiinally. Now I can really give my Sims different Traits and make myself stick to that, instead of only giving like one out of comfort zone trait and giving the same two traits every time. Hope this means... we may get more than one or two traits from a pack in the future. Probably not. But I can hope. ;p

I am so excited for the fishing overhaul!! I was so shocked for this update. I am glad that they're revisiting skills and updating them to give more game-play. First gardening and now Fishing! EEP! I'm curious if they'll add even more to cooking some day. (Could be interesting; I'm always excited for new dishes and would love some new game-play for it) That's one of my favorite skills along with gardening in the game. :D

What. What?! I totally missed this, "Gender preference now affects flirt options"?! Oh my gosh. If this means an attraction system is in the near/"distant-ish" future. I'mma be soo hyped! Even if that's not the case, at least we have a little something that would be some-what of an attraction system with this update. Yay!

I wasn't using ceiling fans before, but now that they cool the rooms, I am soo there! I can't believe they added that. Hopefully this lowers the bill than using the thermostat. I love that they'll dry off Sims, too, because my current Founder is working on her gardening skill and she is out in the rain sometimes, researching her plants, and ... ends up soaked when she comes in, lol.

Ugh! I am so freaking ready for Island Living, this update is going to help me get through these next two days. Woo for early pre-order downloading!
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Uch I love this <3
    And last but not least (you still with me?) all existing Part-Time Jobs are no longer just for Teens. That’s right, now elders could work as Fast Food Employees. Young Adults could be Babysitters if they want. Why not? The Part-Time world is your oyster. Oh oh oh -- and one last thing on that note: You can now have two Part-Time Jobs at once and pick between shifts. Wowee.

AND Toddler fixes. Finally.

OMG I-am-going-to-faint!!!! :o
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Is the game only for 64 bit computers now after updating? I'm curious because I didn't see any mention for this in the notes.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Is the game only for 64 bit computers now after updating? I'm curious because I didn't see any mention for this in the notes.

No, that's postponed as far as I know.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member

The Legacy Edition has been postponed. :) The game is still 32 and 64 bit.
  • godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member

They said they were putting off that update for a little. So no it will still work with 32 bit
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    "Sims can perform a few new Fishing-based socials to gain useful info (via UI TNS/Notebook) and push NPCs to Fish."
    What in the hell is "UI TNS"?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I will use the solid colored swatches more in my gameplay, but still had to post these. The bodysuit makes a cute swimsuit!

MDEU94v.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I will use the solid colored swatches more in my gameplay, but still had to post these. The bodysuit makes a cute swimsuit!

MDEU94v.jpg

I don't think I'll ever use that as an everyday, but for a swimsuit that's nice!