November 15 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!
November 12 - Everyone ready for November Maxis Monthly? Details here

Hoping for a country/farm living expansion pack in the future

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,925 Member
edited June 12 in Expansion Packs
City living
Island living
Maybe
Country/farm living


chicks
pigs
cows
horses
goats
ducks
birds

new fruits
new vegetables
new herbs
new flowers
new fish

nectar making
beer making
churn butter
canning station
tea and cakes
jam making


any other ideas please?
Post edited by marcel21 on
Origin ID
MichaelUKingdon

Comments

  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 17,423 Member
    Farm Living
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,925 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Farm Living

    even better B)
    Origin ID
    MichaelUKingdon
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 17,423 Member
    Farm Living reminds me of the theme song to an old TV Green Acres: "green acres is the place for me....farm livin' is the life for me....."
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 960 Member
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this came before university
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 824 Member
    With mermaid and magic, probably witches confirmed, I am ready for a pack with content we never had before. This would be a totally new way to earn a living. It would be interesting to see how this theme can be implemented in a sims world.
  • MimiDreamMimiDream Posts: 3 New Member
    yeah i can agree on farming as an idea and i got some of my own like there could be horses if not being able to ride them wherever like u can like ride them inside closed up fences and they can do tricks and maybe gallop around barrels and things like that involing it and maybe u can take care of cows, chickens, pigs by doing things like milking cows, feeding chickens, cleaning out the pig pens and maybe feding horses as well as like cleaning out there stable laying down fresh straw as well as getting eggs from chickens and many other farm like chores needed liek going on a tractor and stuff also harvesting corn, pumkins heck maybe even a festival with bobbing for apples, pumking winning contests, pie eating contests, and fun activities like seeing into a haunted house and much more fun stuff that they can come up with that sounds like some intrersting things to see :D and maybe even a ride in a carriage with a horse pulling it whatever it was called can't exactly remember and maybe pathcy the scarecrow can have more things to do when being alive like he could welcome people into the harvest festival, handing out balloons, helping kids out by taking them to the fun things to do and maybe awesome like carnival games to included ?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,925 Member
    edited June 18
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this came before university


    I hope both come :)

    having farm animals with mods are great but having an official expansion pack on farming/off the grid would be a dream come true for my game


    aliens
    vampires
    ghosts

    toddlers
    cats
    dogs
    caged animals
    bird house

    now magic
    mermaids
    dolphins

    so looking forwards to more life states
    Origin ID
    MichaelUKingdon
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,925 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    With mermaid and magic, probably witches confirmed, I am ready for a pack with content we never had before. This would be a totally new way to earn a living. It would be interesting to see how this theme can be implemented in a sims world.

    Agreed

    so many possibility's
    Origin ID
    MichaelUKingdon
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,925 Member
    MimiDream wrote: »
    yeah i can agree on farming as an idea and i got some of my own like there could be horses if not being able to ride them wherever like u can like ride them inside closed up fences and they can do tricks and maybe gallop around barrels and things like that involing it and maybe u can take care of cows, chickens, pigs by doing things like milking cows, feeding chickens, cleaning out the pig pens and maybe feding horses as well as like cleaning out there stable laying down fresh straw as well as getting eggs from chickens and many other farm like chores needed liek going on a tractor and stuff also harvesting corn, pumkins heck maybe even a festival with bobbing for apples, pumking winning contests, pie eating contests, and fun activities like seeing into a haunted house and much more fun stuff that they can come up with that sounds like some intrersting things to see :D and maybe even a ride in a carriage with a horse pulling it whatever it was called can't exactly remember and maybe pathcy the scarecrow can have more things to do when being alive like he could welcome people into the harvest festival, handing out balloons, helping kids out by taking them to the fun things to do and maybe awesome like carnival games to included ?

    all great ideas
    agreed with all of them.


    cow milking
    chicks for eggs and breeding
    sheep for the goat
    goats to make cheese to
    pig pets
    horses
    more wild animals
    some more smaller animals to and birds/ducks/swans etc etc
    Origin ID
    MichaelUKingdon
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,761 Member
    There's farmland in Brindleton Bay. I saw large round hay bales in the fields beyond one of the houses. I hope that's a hint because at least they have pictured them in the background. :o
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 11,925 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    There's farmland in Brindleton Bay. I saw large round hay bales in the fields beyond one of the houses. I hope that's a hint because at least they have pictured them in the background. :o

    I must of missed it.
    I see it more of a fishing town.
    I hope so to
    Origin ID
    MichaelUKingdon
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 4,511 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this came before university

    Farming degree/license anyone?

    Actually do farmers need a license in real life? I’m guessing so if they plan on selling their crops right? 🤔
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 628 Member
    Add alpacas/llamas for wool and I'm in! 😁🦙🦙🦙🦙💕
  • ItsTheBunnyItsTheBunny Posts: 8 New Member
    > @AquaGamer1212 said:
    > Marnetti wrote: »
    >
    > I wouldn’t be surprised if this came before university
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Farming degree/license anyone?
    >
    > Actually do farmers need a license in real life? I’m guessing so if they plan on selling their crops right? 🤔

    I work for a produce company. It varies what you need, we require certain certifications... but if just selling on the side of the road then, no.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 604 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be surprised if this came before university

    Farming degree/license anyone?

    Actually do farmers need a license in real life? I’m guessing so if they plan on selling their crops right? 🤔

    A license or degree would be a nice tie-in for a university pack! I don’t know about the rest of the world, but here in the uk you need some sort of license and there are tons of specialised courses at agricultural colleges/high schools for new farmers. Even without a university pack, it would be cool to have sims train and need to qualify being a farmer. Maybe sims who have trained more than others could earn more money from their produce.

    eJRCXJ8.jpg
  • Crystal1976Crystal1976 Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 18
    what i really want is for the next magic pack to be a lot like makin' magic. gypsy styles. and what i loved was you didn't have to be a witch to do magic, you just needed the magic book and you were golden. I loved how you didn't even need to be into magic, you could just go to magic town and have a fun day at the carnival. it made magic so versatile in the game!
    Farming would be so cool though! I hated how in ts3 you had to scour the store for farm animals, and horses were pretty useless.
    F1%2BGTR%2Bcrash.gif

    "Whoops!"
    -Nick Mason (Official)
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 4,761 Member
    > @AquaGamer1212 said:
    > Marnetti wrote: »
    >
    > I wouldn’t be surprised if this came before university
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Farming degree/license anyone?
    >
    > Actually do farmers need a license in real life? I’m guessing so if they plan on selling their crops right? 🤔

    I work for a produce company. It varies what you need, we require certain certifications... but if just selling on the side of the road then, no.

    Not for small farms but what they produce can be highly regulated as far as animals are concerned and get rigorously checked for welfare, tuberculosis, fowlpest etc., in the UK. Some small farmers take their crops to the local market with no problems.

    Not so much of a licence then but regulations, particularly in the European Community. They have legislation on everything from organic, the welfare of farm animals, importing and exporting and everything from that to the shape of bananas. Thousands and thousands of pages long....... Probably the same in the USA too.

    The UK has the Royal Agricultural University plus several colleges with degrees in types of farming and animal husbandry. Farming is a very important industry these days.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top