Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Early Access starts Wednesday for Game Changers

Comments

• Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    what embargo? i thought that lifted already?
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    magooo63 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm kinda confused with the announcement too since I thought the 11th was when the embargo was lifted when information about Island Living game out. Unless this lift means that the Youtubers can start showing detailed game play of the expansion.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2019
    I
    Wrenry wrote: »

Yeah, I'm kinda confused with the announcement too since I thought the 11th was when the embargo was lifted when information about Island Living game out. Unless this lift means that the Youtubers can start showing detailed game play of the expansion.

That's what it means. It means Game Changers who are Youtubers, have Simblrs or use other platforms to share their games can start sharing their Let's Plays and Reviews and Videos of the pack.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    I
    Wrenry wrote: »

That's what it means. It means Game Changers who are Youtubers, have Simblrs or use other platforms to share their games can start sharing their Let's Plays and Reviews and Videos of the pack.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, I will be writing an honest review here on the forums as soon as the embargo lifts like I did for StrangerVille.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I've already noticed reviews on YT and seen play footage though. Someone just showed a first-person swimming, etc., video here on the forums too.

What is allowed and what's still not? It seems a lot is already allowed.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    I've already noticed reviews on YT and seen play footage though. Someone just showed a first-person swimming, etc., video here on the forums too.

The footage and info that is out already was taken during EA Play.

This new embargo is Early Access. Meaning that Game Changers will have early access to the pack so they can have it in their own computers and play with it properly. So GC that didn't play the game at EA Play will have it now, plus the ones that got to play already can start doing their Let's Play and builds and such since now they'll have it available in their computers.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Plus they will be able to combine the content with other packs now that they have it. At EA Play they played with only IL + base game.
  • Options
    Plus they will be able to combine the content with other packs now that they have it. At EA Play they played with only IL + base game.

Exactly.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Also they only had about 2 hours according to some Game Changers; so now they have time to actually sit down and analyze each and every part of the pack without having to rush haha.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    All of this makes sooooo much more sense now!!! thank you to everyone who responded to this post, as i am sure that this was extremely helpful and enlightening to so many simmers. Sul Sul!!!
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

The footage and info that is out already was taken during EA Play.

This new embargo is Early Access. Meaning that Game Changers will have early access to the pack so they can have it in their own computers and play with it properly. So GC that didn't play the game at EA Play will have it now, plus the ones that got to play already can start doing their Let's Play and builds and such since now they'll have it available in their computers.

Looking Forward too. Really liked the StrangerVille Review, because there was no… tutorial i guess? some Reviews are like... ''and then you have to do this and that… and you have to use the phone.,, bla bla'' You give a really quick overview and just Quote your opinion, which is great for me. Also Pictures are under spoiler tag.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Today's the day Island Living Let's Plays go up on YouTube and Twitch. The fun starts at 12 Noon Pacific 3PM Eastern.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Makes me kind of jealous. I don't want to wait much longer or see other people play as that ruins all the fun and surprises. I want to explore it myself.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wanna watch a Let's Play to get a final feel for it. So far I like the content, but I just want one last peek at the final product before committing to buy it :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Waiting until 3 has to be the most torture when all I want to do is watch Let’s plays lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    What time is that in Europe? Like 9PM right?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Jean wrote: »

Indeed! Judging by how tired I currently am, I fear I will have already fallen asleep by then :joy:
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Indeed! Judging by how tired I currently am, I fear I will have already fallen asleep by then :joy:

Honestly, same though. Can't wait to see it and all, but also can't wait to go to sleep already and play myself haha.
  • Options

Honestly, same though. Can't wait to see it and all, but also can't wait to go to sleep already and play myself haha.

Yes, tomorrow finally <3 I even started up my game a few times to pass the time til then but it seems I'm even too tired to play so I got a feeling I ain't gonna be seeing much of the streams anymore tonight xD
  • Options
    InvisibleaesInvisibleaes Posts: 1,526 Member
    That puts it right about when the nanny kiddo should wake from naptime 😅 hopefully I can see some of the playing before I have to go get her!
  • Options
    Can't believe I managed to stay awake :o Let's find those reviews!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Can't believe I managed to stay awake :o Let's find those reviews!

See the Island Living Info thread for links.