July 19 - Friday Highlight time! Find this week's here!
July 16 - The Sims 4 players, it's patch day! Check what's new for PC/Mac here and for console here.
July 16 - We will be performing a maintenance on The Sims 3 servers today. Details here.

Will townies from other worlds visit sulani?

graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,005 Member
I was wondering if sims from other worlds will visit sulani occasionally like they do with other worlds, or sulani is exclusive to townies living there?

Comments

  • nathan909090nathan909090 Posts: 112 Member
    Im assuming they will walk around the world like any other world
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited June 18
    They should. I seen sims walk around in other worlds all the time.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 15,795 Member
    They will, but the way I will picture it, I will just imagine that they are there on vacation.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 1,887 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    They will, but the way I will picture it, I will just imagine that they are there on vacation.

    Oh it could like the tourist in City Living. How when sim don't live there are walking around, they are dressed differently.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 15,886 Member
    One of the Game Changers noted that sims from other worlds don't seem to be very present in Sulani, IIRC. So it might be designed to be more isolated from the others
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    Wishlist:
    BG: - Ponds - Vehicles - Body hair - Burglars - Ceilings
    DLC: - Hotels - Farming - Bands - Spiral Staircases
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,097 Member
    edited June 18
    May want to bear in mind that game changers did not have all of their normal packs installed either...so it’s be pretty typical for it to be fairly exclusively Sulani townies.
    Post edited by Kamio on
    Mermaids oh my!!!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax


  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 15,886 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    May want to be a rib mind game changers did not have all of their normal packs installed either...so it’s be pretty typical for it really just be Sulani townies.

    Good point. Maybe it's less noticeable that way. I guess we'll find out on Thursday :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

    Wishlist:
    BG: - Ponds - Vehicles - Body hair - Burglars - Ceilings
    DLC: - Hotels - Farming - Bands - Spiral Staircases
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 6,761 Member
    I think I read somewhere that Sulani will be more isolated than other worlds. But that said, last night a local from Selvadorada appeared as "Fan" in my main world. The celeb was even just on a moderate fame level. So, if Selvadoradians travel that far to root for a semi celeb, I don't see why just anyone will show up on Sulani.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims
    c.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 490 Member
    I'm actually more worried about the reverse. Will Sulani Sims appear in other neighbourhoods. With their specific cultural look they will be out of place in other worlds. And will random generated sims spawn with tropical attire?
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,005 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I'm actually more worried about the reverse. Will Sulani Sims appear in other neighbourhoods. With their specific cultural look they will be out of place in other worlds. And will random generated sims spawn with tropical attire?

    Yeah I wonder about that too..
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,097 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I'm actually more worried about the reverse. Will Sulani Sims appear in other neighbourhoods. With their specific cultural look they will be out of place in other worlds. And will random generated sims spawn with tropical attire?

    Yeah I wonder about that too..

    I’m not too worried about to. I rarely see sims from the Jungle Adventure world out and about elsewhere or sims generated in that clothing. I would hope it is the same...I’m not opposed to the opposite though.
    Mermaids oh my!!!
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax


  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,005 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I'm actually more worried about the reverse. Will Sulani Sims appear in other neighbourhoods. With their specific cultural look they will be out of place in other worlds. And will random generated sims spawn with tropical attire?

    Yeah I wonder about that too..

    I’m not too worried about to. I rarely see sims from the Jungle Adventure world out and about elsewhere or sims generated in that clothing. I would hope it is the same...I’m not opposed to the opposite though.

    But it's the not same, jungle adventure is a GP and it's a vacation world not residential livable world, so it's not the same, you see townies from all livable worlds visit other worlds too, so this raises a concern..
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 1,053 Member
    After watching hours of Game Changer vods, I have to say I did not see any Sims other than the Islanders on Sulani. But they were playing with the base game and Island Living only so that could change once we play with all the other packs installed. Yeah, it would be weird to have some random jogger suddenly appear on one of the beaches, and you know that Sim lives in Willow Creek.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,154 Member
    Now that we've been playing Island Living for a while, what do we think? I don't think I've seen many townies from other worlds. What are other people seeing?
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 146 Member
    D_JD8JjXoAE4Rqp.jpg:large

    So yes.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 607 Member
    I've seen Vlad and Caleb so far. A lot of aliens are on Sulani though. I've got about 6, 3 I see on a regular basis.
    "Life is like a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • RiverX2BananasRiverX2Bananas Posts: 30 Member
    I have seen some, but not many. One of them I invited over, and I guess he fell in love with Sulani and maybe even my female sim, because he's not leaving. He's eating all her food and sleeping in a stinky bush. My sim has to wake him up when she needs to pee. :D
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,581 Member
    I have not seen anyone from another world, especially aliens. I have seen non, I have not even seen a child other then my own sims child, I think Island living is for YA-Elders, I do not see kids or teens running around, and my Adult sims had a baby and is now a teen. I also put in a lot of kids stuff on the beach and still no kids but mine.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 607 Member
    Just saw Lilith, and a lot more aliens. I think that's 7 aliens now. Children? I've seen about 4 different ones. I think I have a lot of aliens because my sim was abducted after using the microscope.
    "Life is like a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 3,528 Member
    If you create a lounge in Sulani, townies from other worlds will come en masse. It is however not possible to invite them to the lot - they will fade away. I don't get the system behind this.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 3,390 Member
    I'm playing three different saves on Sulani. In one of them I've turned the Admiral's Wreckage lot into a café, and lots of townies from other worlds visit the café, but they never appear on any other lot.
    In the other two saves I've left all lots as they are, and I haven't seen a single townie from another world.
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,581 Member
    edited July 17
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    I'm playing three different saves on Sulani. In one of them I've turned the Admiral's Wreckage lot into a café, and lots of townies from other worlds visit the café, but they never appear on any other lot.
    In the other two saves I've left all lots as they are, and I haven't seen a single townie from another world.

    I did not remake a bar, I only changed it a little, No townies, Perhaps I should delete it and make a Café or Bar. Well I guess if you landed on a Island by accident, you would only see the ones who live there. Perhaps that would be how I can look at it. Or if I moved from the city to a far away Island I don't think the people in my old town would be there, even visiting. Only if it was a vacation getaway.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top