Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like open neighborhoods?

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    No
    Open World NO, open Neighborhoods... maybe yes. But tbh I don't care that much.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Yes
    Open Neighborhoods sounds nice.
    I mean it would be cool to be able to visit your Neighbor right next door without having to sit through a loading screen.

Could even do what Sims 3 did and only actually fully render the insides and goings-on of your neighbors' houses if you're visiting that house.
    Though if you've ever peeked into your neighbors' houses from your house, there's surprisingly little detail spared when it comes to showing what the insides of their houses look like, furniture-wise.
    It's also really funny if your neighbor's house is a "glass house" full of full-story windows and other see-through stuff like greenhouse roofs.

It really feels so close to being able to forgo loading screens, at least when it comes to visiting neighbors.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    No
    That's basically asking me if I want lag or not?
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    No
    Open neighbourhoods would have been fantastic, but an open world doesn’t seem practical for ts4. The open world was an interesting novelty for a while in ts3, but the lag ended up becoming too unbearable.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Yes
    Open neighborhoods are probably doable but an open world would probably run into performance issues sooner than later.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    No, I want a better and improved open world. There is no reason or excuse for there not to be one after sims 3. Everyone assumes that open world was the problem in sims 3 but it wasn't, it's the poor coding, glitches, and bugs that never got cleaned up and were left behind in sims 3. There's plenty of games today that have open world like the Witcher to Final Fantasy 15 that run beautifully without any major issues. If square enix can make smooth open world game then why can't EA? It all comes down to rushing the game out, cutting corners, and not rechecking their work before release. And no, it doesn't have to be made on the world's highest end game engine that will make you have to go out and buy/build a crazy expensive pc to run it. It just needs a engine that will make the game run smoothly.
    giphy.gif

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    No
    I'm unsure how open neighbourhood/world would work for rotational play so going with the "no".
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yes
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Some of us are complete sick of people wanting open world...

Good for you, you’re currently outvoted 1-4. I predict that trend will continue. Open world games (when done right) can be amazing. Sims will never have an open world the scale of like, Zelda, or AC:Odyssey. Sims 3 wasn’t a very large open world, but it was a start. I’d rather they push themselves to produce good quality content instead of falling back on simpler, older technology. It’s in the best interests of everyone to keep the franchise somewhat moving forward.

To be fair, open world is a pretty new concept to zelda series..I mean sure ocarina of time was basically open world.but not.really.

Wind waker was their first attempt, and breath of the wild is a master piece.

Open world is pointless unless you are rewarded for exploring. Whats behind that waterfall? A chest with rare treasure.

Breath of the wild did this really well and I'm excited for the sequel.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    no it doesn't add anything to the gameplay
    There is no reason or excuse for there not to be one after sims 3.
    Yes there is a reason. Not all games are Sims 3.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    No
    They even postponed the 64-bit only upgrade for the sake of those who are still using 32-bit machines so what would you expect.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    After the whole Sims 3 experience, no. I rather more of a semi-open world where you can walk anywhere but enter lots outside the one you are in still requires a loading screen. Worked for Skyrim and games like that and should a good compromise. We are sort of half way there. I rather they focus on game play as that is more important.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes
    Even though h+++ would freeze over before EA/Maxis puts open neighborhoods, I want it back. I never had an problem with open neighborhoods in Sims 3. I hate the way Sims 4 is designed and I hate loading screens regardless of how long or short they are.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    There's a lot to be said for loading screens, as evidenced by the plethora of open world titles with issues ranging from save file bloat to disappearing NPCs.

Sims 4 has those issues too, and it’s a closed world. Next.

While you are obviously very passionate about this issue, and I am no doubt speaking out of turn following my summary dismissal, I should note that I have not experienced either of those issues in The Sims 4. This is quite different than the ever-growing load times and NPCs disappearing into test cells under the terrain that I have experienced in titles like The Sims 3 and TES franchise.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Yes
    There's a lot to be said for loading screens, as evidenced by the plethora of open world titles with issues ranging from save file bloat to disappearing NPCs.

While you are obviously very passionate about this issue, and I am no doubt speaking out of turn following my summary dismissal, I should note that I have not experienced either of those issues in The Sims 4. This is quite different than the ever-growing load times and NPCs disappearing into test cells under the terrain that I have experienced in titles like The Sims 3 and TES franchise.

Excellent for you bud! Just pointing out that those issues exist in the game, sorry you don’t notice them but they exist. Culling was a mega problem with Sims 4 so keep pretending that wasn’t a thing and carry on I guess.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Yes
    Sims 3 runs perfect for me, I don’t see why not.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    No

Excellent for you bud! Just pointing out that those issues exist in the game, sorry you don’t notice them but they exist. Culling was a mega problem with Sims 4 so keep pretending that wasn’t a thing and carry on I guess.

lol "I'm sorry you have no problems with your S4 game"
    And that is why I don't go on the S3 part of the forum. :D
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    For Sims 4? No, I think it’s too late.

Maybe for Sims 5. Depends on how well they can program and handle it.

I would LIKE open stuff. But it depends on how they handle story progression and the programming of the world with it...
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    Yes, loading to go from houses right next to each other is just annoying.
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    Yes
    at least no loading screen when visit neighbor's home that next to you
    4kTG3iX.png
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Yes
    I've never understood why they didn't just have each neighborhood open to begin with. It's odd that they went with only one lot and the general connecting neighborhood outside but each lot needs to individually load.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    No
    I don't blame people for wanting open world. Its nice. ...But I remember being told that they skipped open world so that people with lesser or older computers could play without all the trouble a lot of people had with Sims 3. I don't know huge heaps of information on computers though so I don't know if that's true. If it is, I'd rather keep the smaller open neighborhood areas and loading screens between so more people can play and enjoy it. Also, I just personally don't feel like the loading screens are very long. For others it might feel like ages between loads.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited June 2019
    No
    @drake_mccarty

I have never experienced the culling issue from my side of the game - perhaps cause I haven't reached the sim count. Just cause someone hasn't experienced it doesn't mean they are "pretending to not notice it" lol.

Like I had serious issues with The Sims 3 especially with lag but there can be players who don't experience that - I wouldn't be calling them out saying "You are just pretending you haven't got lag!" :D

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Yes
    Open neighbourhoods would be great. But I am not a big fan of open worlds. The scale of a neighbourhood for free movement is big enough for me.

But I think it is very unlikely we will ever get open neighbourhoods in sims 4.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes
    Yes open world but in Sims 5!
    a256aFi.gif