Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best vs. Worst feature of Island Living?

13...Next

Comments

• silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Best: Mermaids. Finally, they appealed to occult players who have been waiting 2.5 years for their type of play.

Worst: Mmm, I guess the fact that we're getting a third world in a row where it doesn't snow?

Good ol' tropical snow.

Though maybe you can MAKE it snow if you make use of the weather control device.
    Doing that while a whole lot of Sims are swimming might have... interesting results, though.

This. If it can happen, definitely best :D. I love how IL ties in with seasons, and BB & CAS.
    Worst would be the lack of underwater gameplay. I was looking forward to building an underwater aquarium too...
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Best: Always love a new world, lounge chairs, tropical themes, watersports and oceans

Worst: don’t care for the occult so don’t care about mermaids, wish you can have rental lots so you can live or vacation in Sulani
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Best: I guess a couple of the items, interesting new world, mermaids

Worst: Mermaid toddlers and kids get no fins no love for supernatural kids again
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    agent_bev wrote: »
    wish you can have rental lots so you can live or vacation in Sulani

That's fun I guess :) Because to me the whole rental system is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 annoying. I would have much preferred it if instead of cottages in Selvadorada you had a rabbit hole hotel that functioned like tents and then the rest of the lots were buyable / liveable.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Best
    World, conservationist gameplay, part time career options, dolphins, beach activities

Worst
    No option for rental lots
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There's so many. The lot traits, part time jobs/shifts, events, water activities, tanning... Worst features don't exist in the Sims, imo. I love everything. (Unless it's so poorly done that it's game-breaking.)
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited June 2019
    The worst: rabbit holes, specially the lifeguard career (could have been like the semi-active ones ala City Living), and the secret cove being just about chance cards. I wish we got an underwater secret lot with scary mermaids or something like that).
    The best: everything else!!!! I can't wait to build, and populate the islands.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • JuliB988JuliB988 Posts: 11 New Member
    Best: mermaids and the beautiful world
    Worst: rabbit holes
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Best: MERMAIDS

Worst: More rabbit holes...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Best: beach activities
    Worst: ladder being restricted to decks

Is it ? I wanted to finally make attics with that ladder. :(
  • xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    Best: I love me scaley sims and new build/buy

Worst: Rabbithole careers again...like why...missed opportunity to meeee.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    xxJaixx wrote: »
    Best: I love me scaley sims and new build/buy

Worst: Rabbithole careers again...like why...missed opportunity to meeee.

agreed
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    Best: The world and off the grid trait.

Worst: Life Guard career is a rabbit hole
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2019
    Best: world, ocean swimming and beach activities, mermaids, Odd Jobs (I will definitely use these all the time, I'm super excited about this!!), and the conservationist career

Worst: mermaids have no special animations for turning into mermaids or back into a human, that would've been neat. Also, I would have liked a hotel lot trait. I can live without it but I hope we'll get it (maybe with an Alpine pack??). And the lack of group activities.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    The best: The world, swimming in the ocean, tanning.
    The worst: The fact that trash spawns in the island, I wish there's a cheat to turn that off.

Bienchen has mods that allow you to click on to destroy leaf piles and the coffee cups left around SM, so she may well create a mod for this too.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    The worst: rabbit holes, specially the lifeguard career (could have been like the semi-active ones ala City Living), and the secret cove being just about chance cards. I wish we got an underwater secret lot with scary mermaids or something like that).
    The best: everything else!!!! I can't wait to build, and populate the islands.

I’d been hoping for an underwater lot/neighbourhood for the mermaids too.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Best: new CAS/BB items and the new world, especially as its influenced by conservation!

Worst: probably mermaids imo as I don’t think I’ll really use them, but I’m glad those who wanted mermaids have got them
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Best: Mermaids
    Worst: Rabbit holes. Theres a few missed opportunities there and it's a shame.

Contrary to what some others have said, I like that they added in the conservationist career and pollution on the island. Imperfections make it more rounded and its more rewarding if your Sims make it their goal to protect the beautiful world they live in.
    giphy.gif
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    edited June 2019
    Best: Mermaids. Finally, they appealed to occult players who have been waiting 2.5 years for their type of play.

Worst: Mmm, I guess the fact that we're getting a third world in a row where it doesn't snow?

I was actually thinking about starting a thread about the number of snowless worlds. Nice to know I'm not the only one who noticed. But I count 4 snowless worlds in a row. Selvadorada, Del Sol Valley, Strangerville and now Sulani. Sure one of them is a vacation destination butiit still counts to me. Selvadorada seems less special as destination with so few snowy worlds.
    I like 3 out of these 4 worlds a lot but my hunger for always warm, never snow worlds is satisfied now, I hope the next one will have a more familiar temperate climate.
  • BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    BEST: New careers and making mermaids although not actually playing them.
    WORST: New build and buy items really only fit in Island Living environment
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    no new whims I'm so upset
    more for sim kids and more drama please