Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the lifeguard career a rabbithole?

I was under the impression that, like in the Sims 3 version, it was an active career, even though it's a part time job. However, I've heard people say that it is a rabbithole career, so I'm not sure anymore. In every game changer video I've seen so far, they always say they haven't played around with the lifeguard career, so they don't have any info on it. Does anyone have a definitive answer on what type of job this is?
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I was under the impression that, like in the Sims 3 version, it was an active career, even though it's a part time job. However, I've heard people say that it is a rabbithole career, so I'm not sure anymore. In every game changer video I've seen so far, they always say they haven't played around with the lifeguard career, so they don't have any info on it. Does anyone have a definitive answer on what type of job this is?

yes it is a rabbit hole sadly
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited June 2019

That is disappointing. I thought I saw footage somewhere of the lifeguard career that implied it was an active career, but I guess not. Oh, well. At least my teen and adult sims alike can join it.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner

That is disappointing. I that I saw footage somewhere of the lifeguard career that implied it was an active career, but I guess not. Oh, well. At least my teen and adult sims alike can join it.

it was an npc lifeguard and yes I thought the same thing

That is disappointing. I that I saw footage somewhere of the lifeguard career that implied it was an active career, but I guess not. Oh, well. At least my teen and adult sims alike can join it.

I'm glad they included NPC lifeguards. It will add to the realism.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner

I'm glad they included NPC lifeguards. It will add to the realism.

me to
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Should be an active career, it would have been so easy to implement too, they just hang around the beach and rescue a sim that starts drowning.
    mika wrote: »
    Should be an active career, it would have been so easy to implement too, they just hang around the beach and rescue a sim that starts drowning.

I wish it was
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think they have special interactions on the beach or something. I think that would make at least a little active. I hope they show this or elaborate this on the livestream.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2019
    I life guard that never works at the beach. Such a odd thing to featureit but not be open.

Careers are boring much like diving this time to.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    On one of the videos I watched the person had there sim in the lifegaurd career but they could "such for sims in trouble" or something along those lines. So if it works out to be sims needing to be saved that would be just as good for me.
  • xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    ^Would be better atleast its interactive that way XD
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited June 2019
    I guess it's safe to say that the modders will be the real lifesavers here.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Guess this really is a watered down version of island paradise. Couldn’t even make this career active, but picking up trash is. Lol priorities.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2019
    Guess this really is a watered down version of island paradise. Couldn’t even make this career active, but picking up trash is. Lol priorities.

This isn’t Island Paradise where are they copying that game it’s similar but does every Sims 4 game have to be a copy of Sims 3?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • jazminesarahjazminesarah Posts: 44 Member
    Wow, that’s actually really disappointing. It was one of the things I was most looking forward to.

This isn’t Island Paradise where are they copying that game it’s similar but does every Sims 4 game have to be a copy of Sims 3?

the sims 3 had the most new and large features in the whole sims series.
    IP its a past favorite pack like,

pets
    seasons
    fame
    night life

the sims games without past favorites

it would of been such an easy career to have had open. all for regular careers but this one just makes no sense to be closed to me.

the career should be open on the beach

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited June 2019
    So we're getting either a life state or an active career now? Not both? What's the point of calling it an expansion then, might aswell call it for what it is, a gamepack. Boo EA, boo!
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Aine wrote: »
    So we're getting either a life state or an active career now? Not both? What's the point of calling it an expansion then, might aswell call it for what it is, a gamepack. Boo EA, boo!

seems so
    expansion packs are getting smaller and smaller. sad but true

Island Living is one big, poorly executed rip off of Sims 3 island paradise. Seriously. It’s basically a watered down version of that expansion pack, it doesn’t add anything new that makes it stand out on its own.

They allotted themselves 13 days to market this expansion pack, I assume they didn’t get very long because even the smallest bits of info makes it obvious that this pack is the younger, less attractive sibling to Island Paradise and has a much less impressive list of features.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

Island Living is one big, poorly executed rip off of Sims 3 island paradise. Seriously. It’s basically a watered down version of that expansion pack, it doesn’t add anything new that makes it stand out on its own.

They allotted themselves 13 days to market this expansion pack, I assume they didn’t get very long because even the smallest bits of info makes it obvious that this pack is the younger, less attractive sibling to Island Paradise and has a much less impressive list of features.

Island Paradise was amazing but also full of bugs and extremely laggy. It was unplayable at times, let's also not forget that.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member

I’m also really sad that lots of features I enjoyed from IP will be missing (going underwater, hotels, house boats etc). On the other hand Isla Paradiso was really laggy for me to the point of being unplayable. And I do think that we are getting better mermaids and a prettier world.

Island Paradise was amazing but also full of bugs and extremely laggy. It was unplayable at times, let's also not forget that.

I never found the pack to be unplayable. Ever. It was one of my all time favorite expansions for Sims 3. That being said, I don’t see what the bugs in Sims 3 have to do with them putting out a watered down rip off of that pack for 4. Are you expecting this pack to not come with it’s own bugs? Because every pack they come out with ships with bugs, and this one will too.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

We have an active career in this pack this just isn’t it. And as someone above said you get special beach interactions with the lifeguard career which although not active is cool.

The conservationist career has been confirmed as active though. Whether that is interesting to you or not it is is there.

We are getting an active career. The conservationist career has work from home options, so it's not strictly rabbithole. The gurus have also said that some of the odd jobs are active, as well.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner