Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many sims can you handle at once?

Comments

• ashleybenloveashleybenlove Posts: 8 New Member
    6. I had "a few" kids.
    > @MDianaSanders said:
    > The larger the household, the longer a day takes because I pause more often. I think the largest family I've played in TS4 is 5 sims, a dog and a cat.

I can agree with this. I could go through a day in about an hour with a two-three person household, but the main household I play is currently six, and I think I end up playing a day for like, two hours typically. But yeah, pausing happens a lot.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    8. Please send help.
    I usually play around 6 Sim households but I can easily handle 8.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I usually play with between 4 to 6 sims. Any more than that, and my computer lags.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    7. One of them might be dead, however.
    I have 2 adults, 4 kids and one dog. This is the most I've ever had at once and it is a little challenging. It also requires a lot of pausing to check on everyone.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited June 2019
    6. I had "a few" kids.
    I like 2-3 sims generally. I let them have some autonomy.

When it gets higher or kids enter the picture autonomy goes off. I can’t handle it otherwise and I like my sims to have a routine. The pause button gets ALOT of love when the number of sims climb.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    8. Please send help.
    Have played with 8 sims in the past on sims 1 and 3. Since playing sims 4 most sims I’ve played have been 6
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    6. I had "a few" kids.
    If I have more than 6 sims I keep pausing so much that the gameplay loses it's fluid feel and it becomes more of a hassle. So 4-5 sims is perfect, 7 is crossing the line. Then it ends up like this.
    9VTCcAc.png
    z2B7JTJ.png
    6GVi3xi.png
    But that's fun too, in a way.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    Just 1. I'm not good at all at multi tasking.
    I really love playing when I have just 1 sim and when i start expanding I slowly feel like I need to kill off some.... :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    4. I had twins.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I really love playing when I have just 1 sim and when i start expanding I slowly feel like I need to kill off some.... :sweat_smile:
    I prefer 2 parents and 2 children, but I get what you mean.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    8. Please send help.
    If I have more than 6 sims I keep pausing so much that the gameplay loses it's fluid feel and it becomes more of a hassle. So 4-5 sims is perfect, 7 is crossing the line. Then it ends up like this.
    9VTCcAc.png
    z2B7JTJ.png
    6GVi3xi.png
    But that's fun too, in a way.

Your family looks so...ideal. owo
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    8. Please send help.
    I have no problem with any number of sims in the Sims 4. With autonomy on they do a pretty good job of taking care of themselves while I deal with the things I to be dealing with.
    4. I had twins.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I have no problem with any number of sims in the Sims 4. With autonomy on they do a pretty good job of taking care of themselves while I deal with the things I to be dealing with.

Except for toddlers and newborns, I concur. But it gets toooooooo much at a certain point.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    8. Please send help.
    Dolores Foye runs a foster home with seven toddlers.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
    4. I had twins.
    Dolores Foye runs a foster home with seven toddlers.

Big ol' F for Dolores Foye, then.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just 1. I'm not good at all at multi tasking.
    Per household? I prefer 1 or 2. But I have a LOT of households to rotate through. Some have more in them. But I don't stay in those ones very long. :D I just find it very boring. Hus/kisses, have dinner, do homework, help with homework, go to bed, go to work, go to school. hugs kisses, have dinner, do homework, help with homework......just not what I find fun in the Sims.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    8. Please send help.
    The more the merrier, I love big crazy households!
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    6. I had "a few" kids.
    I don't like any more than this. Have one full house family (thanks aliens for messing up my sims plans) but none gets the time and attention they deserve. I prefer having toddlers who get 5s rather than ones that age up barely knowing how to speak and potty.
  • GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    4. I had twins.
    I don't like more than 5 in a household, but right now I'm controlling a family that wanted one child, got two, have very little money, and the babies (now toddlers) are messing up the house and just being overall chaos. :D
    4. I had twins.
    GosiaWK wrote: »
    I don't like more than 5 in a household, but right now I'm controlling a family that wanted one child, got two, have very little money, and the babies (now toddlers) are messing up the house and just being overall chaos. :D

I just bumped up to seven because I was going for triplets. I have my main Sim, Iris, her husband, Bennett, her Father, Walter, her sister, Elle, and 1 daughter and 2 sons. They're extremely different. I'm in for some suffering. :)
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    8. Please send help.
    I've done households of all sizes, and while big takes more concentration, as well as being okay with not micro-managing everything, I can handle it pretty well at this point. I finished a 100 baby challenge, so I got pretty used to having 7 offspring and 1 parent.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    6. I had "a few" kids.
    I can handle more than 3, personal best has been 7 in one household but I don't do it regularly. If I do a really large household there generally needs to be more teens because they can do more stuff (not so much around the house, but I have more story for them). I don't like playing with more than 1 baby or toddler at a time, because they get really boring, but children and teens plus adults are fine. I have a lot of hangouts for teens in my game (Arcade, Coffee Shops, Pizza Hangout, etc...) so they can have some fun and wreak a little havoc.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    8. Please send help.
    It's not my preferred size, but I technically can handle it. I think my favorite size is 4-5 though.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited June 2019
    8. Please send help.
    I started playing with a 5 sim household, which became 8 very quickly. I’ve been playing this household for over a year and I’m used to having more sims in my households. Heck, I could handle 10, maybe even 12 if the maximum is raised one day!
    Post edited by AriaMad2 on
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    8. Please send help.
    I can handle 8.
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    8. Please send help.
    I think 3 is what I prefer as maximum. If the game had better autonomous behaviour I could probably do a full 8 but right now it just stresses me out lol.
    You're Breathtaking!