Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Should Be The Next Pack

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ahem. Did any of you bother to watch the EA Play video? There is a GP coming out shortly with Magic in the title. My first thought was supernaturals. Hang onto your pixalated panties, y'all. You're not paying attention. We have mermaids in the trailer for Island EP that is due to release on the 21st. and it also looks as if you can create them in CAS, too. Swimming in the ocean happens. It's possible to have contact with the dolphin, feeding them at least. Toddlers can play in the sand and the Sims can build sand castles. Take a chill pill and please don't jump over waterfalls. You might hurt yourselves. Sheesh.

Hmm...

Looks like this thread was started on the 2:nd and the livestream was on the 7:th so at the point of creation we didn’t know about the Magic Game Pack. Sadly no crystal ball.

Well, that's rather amusing. I check the forums daily and this thread was here for the first time. Odd, much. Oh, and it's called Realm of Magic.

Yeah I know about the name :) saw the stream live for the first time in forever. Still just smiling about it. These two packs coming out now really have me in a good mood.
  • Options
    xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    While im excited for mermaids and witches of the sorts i wouldnt have minded waiting (as if we havent waited long enough lol) for an entire GP for supernatural things. I really wish they'd stop spreading it and give the spooky sims their own pack, could you imagine anyone being like "ugh we get all the occults in one pack instead of paying individually for them! darrrrrnnnnn) It would give so much to do. Maybe i am being greedy but with Island living-I realize im only excited for the new playable occult-the mermaids.

While i also know doing so many occults in one pack might be a bit much, it would be better than only one in each pack that we wait for. As i said id rather wait for something like that. I get hyped for these upcoming packs only to realize its fun for...an hour at best. But as i said having a game pack that has multiple occults (and their respected skills/goals depending on the type) Would give so much to do which is important if you get through a game pack fast like myself.

Dont get me wrong i am h y p e d for the scaley folks and mysterious occult for the realm of magic. But my fear with this is-Because its spread out, those who want realism will want that back, im afraid we will have another streak of realism over supernatural.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    This year so far has been the best year for occult sim players and those who liked weirdness and not too much realism and chores in their games. Got Strangerville, Mermaids is coming with Island Living in just a few days and this fall we are getting Realm of Magic which hoping included multiple occult sims. Been waiting for so long for this as Vampires (and well Aliens; but I have yet to play with Aliens) were all we got for years.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Who let the dog-err, wolves out? Not EA, that's for sure 😢
  • Options
    mrma49mrma49 Posts: 14 New Member
    I did love sims 3 supernatural pack but I actually really like how in depth the sims 4 vampires are so I think I would prefer it if they did in depth life states with unique powers rather than release a specific supernatural pack with life states that aren’t that thought out or fully featured like the sims 4 vampires
  • Options
    xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    Yeah thats true the only thing is if they spread em out so individually it'd take a while to get the usual occult sims we are used to having, i think having a few in each pack thats supernatural-ish is fine though just not one each time, it'd give lots of gameplay atleast to me.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    xxJaixx wrote: »
    Yeah thats true the only thing is if they spread em out so individually it'd take a while to get the usual occult sims we are used to having, i think having a few in each pack thats supernatural-ish is fine though just not one each time, it'd give lots of gameplay atleast to me.

Well, if they make each of them in more depth by separating them then, by all means, they can take the time.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I would rather each occult life state get the same treatment that Vampires did. While I'm happy Island Living is giving us mermaids, they, plant-sims, and aliens can't even compare to how amazing vampires are. I really hope that we get a game pack dedicated to werewolves, maybe an Aladdin-inspired game pack that gives us genies and flying carpets, a game pack for faeries that has an ancient celtic world (Ireland/Scottland-inspired), maybe robots could be put into a time traveling expansion pack, or into an inventing game pack, they could give us a snowy skii-ing resort vacation world game pack that introduces Yetis (and also would give a good reason to give us more cold weather clothes 'cuz there's not a whole lot of that in Seasons), if they make a farming game pack they could give us a better version of plant-sims in that...

I really don't care to see zombies or mummies return. I don't want them at all. I'm also really hoping that the Realm of Magic game pack will have a whole Wizarding World inspired type of place, with a magic school to send my sims to!

I would also love to see Imaginary Friends return, but we already have Parenthood so I don't know what pack they would put that into unless they make a pack that is specifically for the children and toddlers. Because to be honest, most of the content in Parenthood is for the parents. And since kids and toddlers have so few clothes already, and all the packs we get mostly give new clothes to adults, we could really use a game pack that only adds clothes and build items that are for children to use, and not a single item for adults at all. Maybe do a free update that frees babies from their cribs before doing that pack, then release that pack to include some extra things for the babies as well. (I would like a cute little baby swing, and I want to do tummy time with my babies). The Imaginary Friend occult would work really well in a pack like that~