Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wish someone would post pictures and videos.

You should take a @simgirl1010 https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960316/island-living-info-game-changers-and-fan-sites/p1 Has a list of reviews from gamechangers with videos in what they experienced with the pack from CAS, build/buy to gameplay. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited June 2019
    Akl500P wrote: »

😂😂 oh my this is great!!

In case anyone else was wondering.
    nKH3qI.jpg

Grim just arises, does his business and sinks back down into the water like 'im done bye, back to snorkeling"

I wonder how many urns can be out floating in the water out there... :naughty:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ConcreteDreamsConcreteDreams Posts: 1 New Member
    This is absolutely amazing. He just pops out, takes the sim, and goes back to SLEEPIN WITH THE FISHES. Get it?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »

😂😂 oh my this is great!!

In case anyone else was wondering.
    nKH3qI.jpg

Grim just arises, does his business and sinks back down into the water like 'im done bye, back to snorkeling"

I wonder how many urns can be out floating in the water out there... :naughty:

That’s awesome, lol! :lol: That’s the kind of small details I would love to see more of in the game. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • kehl08kehl08 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello!
    Please help me! Newbie here... I have recently purchased the jungle adventure package. The issue I am having is that the world is not coming up, but all the accessories have when I have created a new sim. I am playing on a MacBook Air.
    Any suggestions?
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    kehl08 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Please help me! Newbie here... I have recently purchased the jungle adventure package. The issue I am having is that the world is not coming up, but all the accessories have when I have created a new sim. I am playing on a MacBook Air.
    Any suggestions?

On the offchance that you already know this and it's a whole other issue: you have to click on the vacation world tab, since it's not a regular world. Your Sims can go there by taking a vacation from the household options in their phone or computer :)
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    kehl08 wrote: »
    Hello!
    Any suggestions?

On the offchance that you already know this and it's a whole other issue: you have to click on the vacation world tab, since it's not a regular world. Your Sims can go there by taking a vacation from the household options in their phone or computer :)

Yeah that's the only solution I can think of too. You might have to talk to EA Support if that isn't the solution.
  • Writer_InkWriter_Ink Posts: 19 Member
    Wow the mods really influence the developers.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I really enjoy the fact and think it's hilarious when your sim dies in the ocean, Grim arises from the ocean depths with a snorkel mask on. :D Not to mention the urn....

cnp7xv.jpg

Gotta love Grim's sense of humour. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    So excited!
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > Akl500P wrote: »
    >
    >
    > 😂😂 oh my this is great!!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In case anyone else was wondering.
    >
    >
    > Grim just arises, does his business and sinks back down into the water like 'im done bye, back to snorkeling"
    >
    > I wonder how many urns can be out floating in the water out there... :naughty:

Loving Grim’s snorkel! 😂 I wonder how dying in the ocean will affect the option to plead for a dying sim though?
  • arae9arae9 Posts: 24 Member
    > @Daphneyyy said:
    > So excited!

Me too!

Loving Grim’s snorkel! 😂 I wonder how dying in the ocean will affect the option to plead for a dying sim though?

Actually you cant. If a sim dies in the ocean it's a permanent death. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    [quote="LadyKyn;c-17114472"][quote="amber_ilumire;c-17114227"]

Loving Grim’s snorkel! 😂 I wonder how dying in the ocean will affect the option to plead for a dying sim though? [/quote]

Actually you cant. If a sim dies in the ocean it's a permanent death. :# [/quote]

ouch, better be careful out there in the deep end! 😬
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    I have mixed emotions about Island Living. I'm looking forward to all the bright new colors, new fashions, and the world, too. I'm just not sure this will be my favorite EP. It doesn't seem like it is adding a lot of new gameplay. I know lots of simmers are excited about mermaids. I'm more excited about the water activities and family activities.

Your thoughts?

You are right it adds a new world a dolphin (now thats cool) mermaids but honestly water activities are bland. Sims 3 we could go into the water with them now we are just stuck watching them. Furthermore there are jet skies but we do not have house boats like we use to. Another almost awesome expansion pack... Sims 4 has always lacked in comparison to Sims 3.
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    Pre ordered. I loved the colors and the look of the new world. However I hope theres a game pack because it is so bumming there are no house boats. I would love if sims 4 had real house boats as in sims 3
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 Island Living seems to really have done everything right so far. It is really impressive and the attention to detail was much needed with this pack
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

Actually you cant. If a sim dies in the ocean it's a permanent death. :#

Wow, they've upped the danger in this pack. Intriguing. >:)

And omg, I love Grimmy's snorkel goggles, lol! <3
    #Team Occult
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Aside from evil mermaids and sharks, are there any other ways/risks of drowning I should be aware of?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I am so excited to finally see my favorite theme coming for Sims 4.
    My favorite theme for games, or even in real life, is tropical. <3B)
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have mixed emotions about Island Living. I'm looking forward to all the bright new colors, new fashions, and the world, too. I'm just not sure this will be my favorite EP. It doesn't seem like it is adding a lot of new gameplay. I know lots of simmers are excited about mermaids. I'm more excited about the water activities and family activities.

Your thoughts?

You are right it adds a new world a dolphin (now thats cool) mermaids but honestly water activities are bland. Sims 3 we could go into the water with them now we are just stuck watching them. Furthermore there are jet skies but we do not have house boats like we use to. Another almost awesome expansion pack... Sims 4 has always lacked in comparison to Sims 3.

agree . i prefer the sims from sims 4. and the graphics . and the modern UI and the clothing/build+buy. but the features for gameplay were better in sims 3.

would like to see EP's that are less for show and that actually include tons of new activities and features.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Not entirely about this pack but: I just realized the "Clothing Optional" trait is perfect for the Bluffs in Windenburg...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > GrumpyGlowfish wrote: »
    >
    > Can we just appreciate for a moment that there is a volcano on this island? And not just as a backdrop - an actual, hot, spitting, personal-space-ignoring volcano! I saw the leaks beforehand, but totally wasn't expecting that. Now I just wonder, can we run over swimmers with those pretty little motorboats? >:)
    >
    > And if that wasn't already enough, magic is also coming in autumn! I said before that I didn't want mermaids because, based on TS4's past record with occults, it would probably mean two more years of waiting for my beloved witches, but then they started using words like "conjure something up" and "spell it out", and I knew what was coming before they said it. Saved my day! <3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And volcanic lightning as well.

Wait, WHAT?! :open_mouth:

If you watch the trailer it shows volcanic lightning flashes as the volcano is erupting.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Your thoughts?

Sorry but what are you trying to say? Because the first part doesn't really make sense.
    What is it we are stuck watching?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • JuniperSimsJuniperSims Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm very excited for this! I haven't been this excited for an expansion pack since *coughthesims3cough* But no, I know some people don't like playing their game with any supernatural elements - I'm the opposite, I absolutely love it! So I'm very excited for the new world and gameplay as well as the new life state! I know some features seem lacking in comparison to the Sims3 Island Paradise, but I'm glad the mermaids seemed more fleshed out - literally, no more scales on their legs when they're on land!