Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic: Do you think there will be a new world and if so how many lots?

I hope there's a new world! 😦

Realm of Magic: Do you think there will be a new world and if so how many lots? 127 votes

No New World
1%
mlmeadowsThemrsg4422 2 votes
1-3 lots for the world
3%
bandit5overonrobyngravesjames64468 4 votes
4-6 lots for the world
49%
OneAdorkableGirlrudy8292KelleygirlIsb917BrokenChaos69IrdiwenAnmirlaCeres_Meirionadrake_mccartyisaiahzaycatloverplayerdetermigaecollins21pajamajam07simmietimeJACKIEJOYCeCeDotjcp011c2BlueSeaWavesmmb_abr 63 votes
7-9 lots for the world
36%
icmnfrshIdontrcallstoryyBlkBarbiegalmoltaziaalanmichael1MindofyAngelluluashcrash19To7mLadyKynCynel1tadeoalonso2SheriSim57Horrorgirl6SheepilingloutredordreamprisonerMinguisseFlymika 46 votes
10-12 lots for the world
9%
PlayerSinger2010MawMawMoon_Willowguvenkarabagli9EmmaVaneMoonfoxNightcryXwantonMaggieMarleyAquaGamer1212SimTrippySimDestroyerEngel909 12 votes
More lots than 12 for the world
0%

Comments

• TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    I think so, but I won’t assume. With vampires getting their own neighborhood, I could see the dev team creating a small world for witches/any other occults they may add.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    I dunno. Wouldnt it be weird if they dont add some kind of magic place? they called the pack magic REALM. I think we gonna visit this realm. They could give this pack every name but they chose specificly this. I take them by their wordings this time. Otherwhise I guess sim-fans will make fun of this irony.

I imagine that we either get a residant world like forgotten hollow where Witches (or other magic creatures) live OR some kind of vaccation world which you can visit by flying there with a broom or a spell or some other magical activity like going through a mirror or jumping into a magic hole. Wasnt that the case in making magic? cant remember.
    Either way I think there is a world for all the magic. and the size will be similar to forgotten hollow.

Personally I would love to have a new world but I could also live without it. Afterall im just so happy and exited for this pack. This is what I always wanted in sims 4 and I cant wait to get my hands on it. I really love how they made vampires and I hope witches will be as good as that.

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    7-9 lots for the world
    The more lots the better!
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    definitely gonna be a new world given realm is in the title, i dont think there will be many lots, probably the same amount as the vampires game pack
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    10-12 lots for the world
    Given Strangerville's size, I hope RoM has roughly the same amount of lots.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    Yes I think it will come with a world but as this is a Gamepack I wouldn't expect that many lots. I'm guessing 4-6. I am hoping that it will have a swimmable body of water like a lake or river or something.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    I'm guessing 4-5 lots the new magic animations are going to eat this pack budget up.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    7-9 lots for the world
    Yeah I'm wondering if this place will be for visiting only? For witch sims on vacation?
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    10-12 lots for the world
    I'm sick of the small worlds. This game is too restrictive as it is. I'd love to have 10-12 lots. I want to remake Makin Magic, with it's carnival and shops and magic community. As well as various styles of living lots.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    7-9 lots for the world
    I've gone for 7-9. I really hope there are more but I am afraid to hope. However, as has been said above, Strangerville has a good number of lots and Maxis have had a world of criticism for the appallingly low number in Get Famous. I don't think they will have the grounds to claim a lot of the work has gone into making the rest of the content as I don't think it is a stretch to guess that the skill tree will come back and they already have the two forms in CAS. Let's hope they do this really well, we have waited so long for it.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    7-9 lots for the world
    There will definitely be a new world, as Witches are an occult that none of the current worlds fit. So far all other major occults got their own world, Aliens with Sixam, Vampires with Forgotten Hollow, as well as mermaids to a degree being that Sulani is the only world with an ocean.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    7-9 lots for the world
    I've guessed at 7-9. Forgotten Hollow was smaller, Strangerville and Jungle Adventure have both had slightly larger worlds for GPs, so I'm hoping that they are able to making bigger worlds for GPs now. Also if they're not just introducing witches but have other stuff in the pack, you might need a bigger world.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
    10-12 lots for the world
    [Me being hopeful because of Strangerville but I guess FH is smaller... Tbh if they do witches well I don’t mind a smaller world.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm guessing 4-5 lots the new magic animations are going to eat this pack budget up.

I think so too. Animations are always a massive chunk of budget. :/

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    4-6 lots for the world
    since the name is realm of magic it better come with REALM
    = either hidden lot (like there is sixam) or world

if it is world it will probably be same size with hollow because we are talking about GP
    also I don't see small lot amount a bad thing personally since it allows more player customization
    if they make ''big world'' there will be much more house shells (which I hate passionately)
    and you will be stuck with some very american houses all around
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    Yes there will be a world, it isn't a realm of magic without a realm. My guess is around 5 lots like the Vampires gamepack, but there could be more - Strangerville was a GP.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    10-12 lots for the world
    Frankly I wish there were more than 12, but at least 10 would be nice. Especially because I'm hoping we'll get at least 2 public lots (like a place where they can learn alchemy and a magical shop?), plus a magical square maybe with a magical market? :D

Yeah fine, I really hoped magic / supernaturals would be an EP. But eff it, I just need my witches back. So I'm going with the wishful we-need-at-least-10-lots vote and hope to be super positively surprised. Fingers crossed, EA.
  • NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    7-9 lots for the world
    As it is called "Realm of Magic" I think there must be a rather big new world. I think the world will be bigger than Forgotten Hollow but I doubt that the lot count will be 10+ as it is just a GP and I can imagine the other stuff in the pack taking up lots of resources. I also wonder how many neighbourhoods there will be, with 7-9 lots I guess 2-3. :)
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    I’m expecting a world with around the same amount of lots as forgotten hollow, but if the gameplay is worth it and the world is visually stunning then I think I’ll be satisfied despite the smaller size. Not ideal, but not a huge loss either imo. I’d rather have a quality pack with new and exciting feature/gameplay than a massive world with poor content.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    7-9 lots for the world
    I'm hoping for 7-9 as the vampire world is just way too small. Plus if it does have specific magical lots such as a witch's flying arena and such I'd like to think they'd have a good mixture of lot types!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    It's a game pack, so their worlds are often smaller. I am hoping for another dark world similar to that of Midnight Hollow.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    1-3 lots for the world
    I think that, if we get a world with this pack, it would probably be about the same size as Forgotten Hollow. However, I guessed 1-3 because I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,321 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    I would hope there is a world, I’m not a fan of occult’s, but players who are atleast deserve a world fully devoted to that theme. Like Vampires came a world, I hope Realm of Magic gets one too.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    I think 4 or Potentially 5.
    Hoping it's like a Medieval Feudalistic realm, where there's a castle on a hill top overlooking a decent sized village.

I'm Hoping on a big 64x64 lot... or bigger, for my Sorcerer's castle, and then maybe a Village with 4 Lots around the village square (Well or Fountain) and a Forest & Plains on the outside of my small city, to traverse and explore for ingredients.

I don't really want magical Shops. My goal for my Sorcerer to be the Feudal Lord and Arch Mage, in is realm. So if anyone is looking for magic: Enchantments, Potions, Curses, seeks Prophetic/Almost Omnipresent Advice, he's the most trusted Mage in all the land who won't screw the people over. Everyone would go to him, And the castle I'm going to build is Going to act as... not really a school, however it does have a Library, Museum of Magical Artifacts. Although, Master Kaegan doesn't really take Apprentices, with the exception of his own Family. He has colleagues, fellow Sorcerers and Sorceresses, High Elves, Orcs, and Templars that Protect and Govern Magical Creatures in the Kingdom. Under the Rules of my other sim King Henry.

So All my magical needs will be at my Sorcerer's Castle, and I'd want him to gather the stuff to make it himself. I can build those on my own if I want to. But I would love new Skills, Like Jewelry Crafting, Blacksmithing, Garment making, Add more to Woodworking.
    I'd build a couple of shops, one for Clothiers and Jewelry, and another shop for Weaponry: Swords, Shields, Bows and arrows, Wands, Staves, Armor and Robes, and Maybe the Last build will be either a home.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    4-6 lots for the world
    I think any world would probably be about the size of the world from Vampires. It’d be neat to get a new Strangerville sized gp world, but I doubt it’d happen for anything not specifically location based.