Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You CAN Live in Granite Falls!!!

When I created a new Sim last night, I went to move them into a rental in Granite Falls and it worked! They now live there. It's just like someone wanting to buy a rental property. It can be done from the Managing Households screen, select the household that is currently homeless and move them into a rental property.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• RevolverOcelotsRevolverOcelots Posts: 438 Member
    When I created a new Sim last night, I went to move them into a rental in Granite Falls and it worked! They now live there. It's just like someone wanting to buy a rental property. It can be done from the Managing Households screen, select the household that is currently homeless and move them into a rental property.

I actually tried this and I think it actually worked that's pretty neat!
    8c1695baf85e527a0357f825b6539ff2cd9de1a7.gif Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I'm glad. When I found it out, I thought I should post it here and let everyone know.
    2quwd7.gif

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Wait, what? This is an actual thing? I'm going have to try this. This isn't the result of a mod is it?
    No mods at all. If you have a household that doesn't have a home yet, and there are rentals in Granite Falls, just select one for your household to move into.
    2quwd7.gif

No mods at all. If you have a household that doesn't have a home yet, and there are rentals in Granite Falls, just select one for your household to move into.

Update: I had just placed the family but i moved me and vlad out of his mansion and put as in other households then moved us into granite falls and im playing us just updating to say it 1000 percent works and I am so so glad you shared this with us all! <3

Have you any idea if it works for the world in jungle adventure?
    The only thing is once you move there you cant go to other worlds i suppose unless you are invited out because i guess you are truly off the grid which i dont mind its pretty awesme to live there not bothered by others i like it XD
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    Wait, what? When did this happen? Does it work with Salvadorada?

Edit never mind, this is the console version and I didn't realize it, so not sure if it would work on PC.
    Yeah, just found out when I quickly checked this afternoon. Even though you're buying the rental property and moving in, you're stuck there. When you try to travel outside Granite Falls, you can't select the World Map as it says "Unavailable when holidaying" even though you're not.

I think the only thing that can be done is make the small lots houses and the 50x50 lot like an all-in-one complex with cocktail lounge, gym, swimming pool etc. Like it's a luxury hotel with everything you could possibly ask for.
    2quwd7.gif

That is a great idea I might just do something like that at some point! Though really my thing is if I'm moving that far, I'm doing it to get away from others so it doesn't bother me xD But still it's so cool to have found out!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm going to have to try this with Selvadorada.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    I sent a tweet to one of the developers about letting us able to travel freely outside of Granite Falls and they're basically saying:

"Oh, you shouldn't be able to live there as that's not how the game was designed so please tell us how you did it so that can release a patch that will prevent you from doing it."
    2quwd7.gif

I sent a tweet to one of the developers about letting us able to travel freely outside of Granite Falls and they're basically saying:

"Oh, you shouldn't be able to live there as that's not how the game was designed so please tell us how you did it so that can release a patch that will prevent you from doing it."

Really? What if we don't want a patch for it i like the element of living somewhere new there so like??? its all good we dont gotta get a patch for it
    What I noticed the other night when I moved a household into a rental property is that you can't enter Build mode while playing and if you exit to the World Map, suddenly you see people have decided to holiday there.
    2quwd7.gif

I noticed that too! I was tryin to edit the lot I was on after moving in and then it said i had zero funds in build mode which was like???
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member

Great, you pulled an Anthem by accident. Hey Devs, look at this cool thing! You're having too much fun, let's kill it with fire!!!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    This isnt supposed to happen. Its probably a bug. What if I just want to rent a cabin?
    This isnt supposed to happen. Its probably a bug. What if I just want to rent a cabin?

I'm pretty sure you can still rent as usual, it's just the thing is if its empty and you chose to "move" there you can but if you are plotting to go on vacation and book it through normal means you can still just rent as normally though!
    edited June 2019
    What I found last night is that you can have a Granite Falls resident travel to different regions. The only way to do it is from the World Map, select a destination, choose "Visit" and from the list of households, select one from Granite Falls. Last night I had a resident visit a lounge in Newcrest.

Just discovered something tonight. I posted a few days ago that after exiting the Granite Falls household to play another lot and found someone having decided to holiday in it, well when I went to play the Granite Falls household tonight, the house had become totally unfurnished; the furniture was gone, the doors and windows were gone, the light fixtures, the plants. The only things remaining were the wall and floor textures. It's like when the holidaying person left, they took everything with them.
    Post edited by adamclark83 on
    2quwd7.gif