Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2019 (Coming June 18th Today Now Out)

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    I hope with that 32 bit update means they can soon open up all oceans and improve babies. Also would like to see a story progression so townies can do their own thing (with the option to turn it off) and an attraction system. Also hope someday they can slow dance and get 'juiced' again. Lets not forget burglars and firefighters.

For this patch, at least the ocean thing.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sad they're caving into the outrage of 32 bit. So we won't see them dropping it yet. They need to do so soon as possible. Its holding them back. Its what held Sims 3 back as well.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    The 350 swatches will add nothing to beds, couches, rugs, counters , flooring, walls, or anything furniture or object wise. Its all just for doors. And I think windows. That really is....disappointing. And really kind of absurd that SimguruLyndsay hyped that up.

Doors, windows and I believe some of the base game shelves. A lot of builders have been asking for more swatches for those assets. Most of the other objects you list have plenty of options, and would be more complex; I recall a Tweet from Grant that to make a single set of counters it requires 11 assets (which makes sense when you consider corner counters, half counters, island counters with their options, and the like.

I'm personally looking forward to the new swatch update because I've heard one of the items they're adding are some new unisex bathroom door options. I have some bathrooms that are in desperate need of updating. B)

They literally chose to make counters/cabinets the way they are, calling them complex to avoid doing anything with them is the worst work ethic I have ever seen. They have done this with just about every major feature they sold the game on. Emotions, multitasking, you name it. These people really know how to make bad choices without thinking about any of the implications of those choices. They are really running this game into the ground if their mindset is “what we chose is TOO complex, so we’re going to avoid doing anything with it”

Yes I agree, it's a ridiculous excuse to not improve the game, it's a similar excuse to how there are only like eight lots in del sol vally
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited June 2019
    @jacechu The toilet swatch, James(Simsupply) said it will come with Island Living, not the patch, so it could match the items in that pack
    Edit: I’m not angry either😅, hopefully no one gets angry about a toilet swatch.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves I couldn't remember whether it was him, lilsimsie or someone else who'd said that! That makes sense! Oh and we're getting the career unlocks, as well.

@EmmaVane I wonder if the fishing overhaul will make fishing harder. The gardening overhaul made it harder.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    @jacechu The toilet swatch, James(Simsupply) said it will come with Island Living, not the patch, so it could match the items in that pack

I'll take a recolored toilet! A new toilet is the last thing we need 😂. That and picnic tables, you have them covered EA!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited June 2019
    Don't quote me on this but I did see a screenshot of the base game toilet that had the description changed so it read it can be used on off the grid lots. And for the life of me, I cannot remember which one of the Game Changers showed it in one of their vods. So maybe that is the toilet swatch coming in the pre-ep update? I'll have to go back and try to find that screenshot. I've watched so many vods in the past two days, my head is spinning.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    As far as what else is coming in the update, I really hope we get more bug fixes. Especially the ones that came with the latest patch. That patch gave me bugs I never had in the past so I was not a happy Simmer. I am using so many mods for things the teams haven't fixed from past packs, or broke with new updates, I have to delete CC because I don't like my mods folder becoming a total mess. My bug fix mods folder is seperate from my CC folder, but it's a pain to pull then go through the forty-plus bug fixes and wait for those to be updated.

The swatches for doors is a much-needed update. Sure, for now those swatches are for doors only, but it is a step forward. Maybe now the windows will be updated as well. I know just having like-colored doors will make building less of a hassle. Having interior and exterior doors with matching swatches will be nice.

Seeing the list of things that are in this update seems like quite a lot, actually. But my main concern is for what fixes they will include in it. And then we'll have to play the game and see if the fixes broke anything else. But we'll know on the 18th. I have my fingers crossed.

• Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Jasper7702 wrote: »
    I’m happy that base game is getting some great updates. I wish the searches were more than just doors, but at least know I won’t have awkward looking doors. I’m so happy about the part time jobs! I hope there is more to come! Excited for glass floors, the nudist colony lot trait is interesting.

Glass floors is for the pack only, not being patched in. Hopefully though they do decide to include more swatches in the future for CAS or other Bb objects. I read someone said that fishing is being revamped but I’m not sure if that is accurate.

Island Living is getting revamped fishing, and new fish.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Aww, and here I was hoping that revamped fishing meant that we could fish anywhere there was water! Oh well lol.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Are there a lot of 32bit players? does this mean they won't get expansions and stuff because that seems kind of unfair to them?

Someone did a survey here once. A tiny fraction (around <5%) of players here are on 32-bit. Plus it's 2019. 64-bit systems have been out for more than a decade. If you're still on 32-bit in this day and age, that's on you

:D
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I'm just sitting here with my hopes that my Vampire will finally be fixed.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm hoping that the bug where unflirty sims cant makeout gets fixed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I forgot about something else that is coming to this update. The ceiling fans we got last year in the caribbean update are being updated so they turn the other way. The blades were turning the wrong way and I've heard they will now be able to cool sims.
    I will be updating my first post later with all the changes.
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    the fact that we have more toilets than counters really is crappy. lol
  • TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »
    the fact that we have more toilets than counters really is plum. lol

I just watched your video and subscribed :) you should do a second part :)
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »
    the fact that we have more toilets than counters really is plum. lol

Omg, yes (though I could also do with a more 'off-grid' looking toilet - is that what the new swatch looks like?). Kitchens and bathrooms always give me the most angst when building. Not even the appliances all match, and it's such a waste, considering they have these lovely retro swatched bathtubs, fridges etc. but no matching counters.
  • ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member

I'll take a recolored toilet! A new toilet is the last thing we need 😂. That and picnic tables, you have them covered EA!

Dont forget bars lol we have so many and more now with IL 😆
  • ZazazaSimmerZazazaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Patch content I am aware of (from GC live stream), coming with June 18 patch.

Fishing Overhaul (similar to the gardening overhaul that came pre-Seasons):
    • New fishing spots in various worlds
    • Re-tuning of fishing skill (could be new unlocks, bait/weight/rarity/location changes for fish, update to notebook feature on phone etc)
    • New high level cast animation (this might be exclusive to IL though, it wasn't clear)
    • Some extra fishing types also come exclusively with IL (Spear-fishing, setting fish traps and fishing from boats)

Part Time Job Overhaul:
    • Part Time Jobs available for all sims teen and older.
    • Some jobs have a choice of shifts to choose from.
    • You can hold down two part time jobs simultaneously if you choose shifts that don't overlap.

Lot Traits:
    • Off-the-Grid (no utilities, limited internet but no bills) - Catalogue entries for interactive/motive objects will indicate if they can be used off-grid.
    • Clothing Optional (nudist/naturist lot) - Most sims will choose to be nude while on this lot except for those with certain traits (Childish, Squeamish, Prudish? (might mean Unflirty).

Build/Buy:
    • Portable plastic lounge chair - Various BG matchy swatches (please note that while you can sit, relax, drink and nap on these loungers, you cannot sunbathe without IL)
    • Stilted foundations - (Be warned - you cannot decorate under these because of how floor levels work in TS4, deco always pops up unto the foundation level. Might be able to find workarounds with a basement level and MOO but that won't work on the new water lots)
    • Ceiling fans updated to turn on/off and cool rooms (with Seasons installed)
    • 350 BG door swatches - While the date of this hasn't actually been confirmed it has to release by the end of the quarter (June 30) due to free-content announcement/release laws.
    • Pride month content - I wall flag, possibly other content.

CAS:
    • Recolours of the BG toddler diaper - I guess for it to be used as swim diapers with the new EP
    • Trait randomiser button (finally!) - Also in gameplay when aging up. Does not randomise the aspiration. Pet trait randomiser if you also have C&D.

There will likely also be some under-the-hood changes for the EP and bug fixes/new bugs as usual.

There is also a new ceiling decoration category in build mode represented by a ceiling fan :smiley:
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    More colours for toddler diapers! I'm quite pleased about this. I never understood why it only came in white.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    They honestly should have specified what the swatches were for in the first place, there was absolutely no point in teasing them if they're just going to be for something that didn't really that many.
    I've updated my first post with everything confirmed to be coming in this update and 1 thing that might be coming. If I missed anything let me know.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I'm personally hoping for Create a World

I am hoping for that so badly... I really want to recreate Twinbrook in Sims 4, but if they take so much more time to add that feature, maybe next year i am not going to have more free time to recreate Twinbrook.