Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Island Living is coming ashore

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I have mixed emotions about Island Living. I'm looking forward to all the bright new colors, new fashions, and the world, too. I'm just not sure this will be my favorite EP. It doesn't seem like it is adding a lot of new gameplay. I know lots of simmers are excited about mermaids. I'm more excited about the water activities and family activities.

Your thoughts?

Feeling the same. I feel all content got covered by now and there is not much new that WOWS me after what they already gave us in the live stream. Hoping for some other giant features that cover gameplay, but I doubt it cause players who already played the game and edited al the videos and blogs for us, should have been seeing this by now i guess?
  • Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member
    I'm super excited for the new world. It looks really pretty, and it's going to be fun to have an interactive ocean. I hope it lives up to the hype. Right now I only have the base game and the vampires pack. I used to play on the computer and had a lot more expansions.
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > GrumpyGlowfish wrote: »
    >
    > Can we just appreciate for a moment that there is a volcano on this island? And not just as a backdrop - an actual, hot, spitting, personal-space-ignoring volcano! I saw the leaks beforehand, but totally wasn't expecting that. Now I just wonder, can we run over swimmers with those pretty little motorboats? >:)
    >
    > And if that wasn't already enough, magic is also coming in autumn! I said before that I didn't want mermaids because, based on TS4's past record with occults, it would probably mean two more years of waiting for my beloved witches, but then they started using words like "conjure something up" and "spell it out", and I knew what was coming before they said it. Saved my day! <3
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And volcanic lightning as well.

Wait, WHAT?! :open_mouth:
    I'm excited for this expansion, except one problem...……….my sims family are vampires! Real excited to watch them burn to death on the beach :)
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Will definitely have to get it the day it comes out because it looks GORGEOUS
  • AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    I'm excited for this expansion, except one problem...……….my sims family are vampires! Real excited to watch them burn to death on the beach :)

I'm curious how vampires will do in Sulani lol
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »

"Well Done" obviously. :D
    Seriously, I am putting at leat one vampire on the islands as a starter NPC.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    > @Beardedgeek said:
    > AspenSims wrote: »
    >
    > Sims_4_ever_ wrote: »
    >
    > I'm excited for this expansion, except one problem...……….my sims family are vampires! Real excited to watch them burn to death on the beach :)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm curious how vampires will do in Sulani lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "Well Done" obviously. :D
    > Seriously, I am putting at leat one vampire on the islands as a starter NPC.

Yeah one of the members of my vampire family is Vladislaus Straud, and I'm not looking to see him walking around the beach in his zebra striped speedo *shivers
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Maybe vampires will be okay if they use suntan lotion.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think one of the Gurus on twitter might have said Vampires can have umbrellas, but they shouldn’t obviously go exposed anywhere in bright sunny days or sunbathe.

I asked a question about day walking vampires) on Twitter and got an answer that vampire skin is dead, so they can’t tan or sunbathe, including Day walking vampires (those with Sun Resistance). However, the day walking vampires won’t get burned like the usual vampires.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Thanks, bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸. I didn't know about the umbrellas
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    AspenSims wrote: »

They would probably die unless they have that trait that allows them to be out in the sun (well unless they just come out at night). From what I am heard, they can only use umbrellas and they can't tan since they are undead (really it is more like all skins besides the fantasy ones can tan or burn). Maybe if you give them normal skin, it might work?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Should be interesting if disguised aliens can tan. Not tanning would make them stand out and defeat the purpose of a disguise, right?
    image.png
  • GraceLoveGraceLove Posts: 1 New Member
    i think in the theme of pride month sims should release some pride clothes or something. Also i can't wait to download this pack
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    GraceLove wrote: »
    i think in the theme of pride month sims should release some pride clothes or something. Also i can't wait to download this pack

We're getting free Pride content in the patch on Tuesday - don't know if it'll include clothes though.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 31 Member
    Man I can't wait for Island Living. I need it like, NOW :smile:
    "To see a World in a Grain of Sand and a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour."

""He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence." So it is written."
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Excited for this, could never play on Island Paradise due to lag issues.
    Now i can experience it all in the sims 4! dream come true! Thanks EA!

Me too, it will be fun to finally use an island in Sims myself too.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I (and many people) love Sabrina, Charmed, Bewitched, Harry Potter, etc, so I hope there is something or options for everyone.

I want the types who are born supernatural (with special powers).

So agree. I love Charmed. And I can't wait for witches just to put that style back into my game, which is exactly what I do in TS3 :joy:
  • sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    am i the only one that notice how flat the water looks when your sims is in the water. there dont seem to be to much water effects around sims when they are just swimming or in the water.. sims 2 has great water effects showing your sim actually inside the water with many ripples. i know that this is just a petty issue
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    am i the only one that notice how flat the water looks when your sims is in the water. there dont seem to be to much water effects around sims when they are just swimming or in the water.. sims 2 has great water effects showing your sim actually inside the water with many ripples. i know that this is just a petty issue

It's a matter of two things:
    1. The water effects are the same as from 2015 and the pools. It's the same basic mechanic so yes, it might look a bit dated
    2. It is far more resource heavy to make an already better looking game look more realistic than a rather primitive game. Water in Sims 2 could look amazing (for the time) because the rest of the game was very simple.
    Even though Sims 4 is trying to lay low on resources over all (A lesson they learned with Sims 3, that was way too resource hungry when it came and the open world stuttered even on machines twice over the recommended specs) it is fundamentally handling far more effects simultaneously, and good looking ones, at that. I fully understand that having high quality water effects would make this expansion pack unplayable for about 50% of their customers.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really enjoy the fact and think it's hilarious when your sim dies in the ocean, Grim arises from the ocean depths with a snorkel mask on. :D Not to mention the urn....

cnp7xv.jpg
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I really enjoy the fact and think it's hilarious when your sim dies in the ocean, Grim arises from the ocean depths with a snorkel mask on. :D Not to mention the urn....

cnp7xv.jpg

😂😂 oh my this is great!!
  • FLIRTYINPINKFLIRTYINPINK Posts: 109 Member
    I wish someone would post pictures and videos.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    I wish someone would post pictures and videos.

Check out The Sim Supply's videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSimSupply/videos
    Check out Deligracy's videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/deligracy/videos

These two are my favorite Sims youtubers. James Turner is so funny and I like how Deli reviews new CAS items. Check out there Island Living videos as they got early access. :)
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue