Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best vs. Worst feature of Island Living?

Comments

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    Yep, and they faked it by showing a sim in a Lifeguard outfit standing on the beach during EA Play, maybe you can work from home and stand and pretend to guard the beach? Not sure what they even talked about.

Apparently NPC lifeguards show up when you visit the beach, but you cannot play as an active lifeguard yourself. So you may see some on the beach 'guarding' it.

I was bummed about the rabbit holes too but I'm at least glad that lifeguards apparently have special interactions at the beach.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Best is- the ocean and mermaids
    Wort is-I guess always have to clean the beaches might get a bit annoying. People want realism though.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    Best: Boats, Aqua Jets

Worst: No beach volleyball

beach volleyball would such a good group/family activity, they dropped the ball on that one.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Best: Sulani and ocean swimming
    Worst: added rabbit holes
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I can see why deep diving is a rabbit hole but lifeguards? I mean if sims can sim a drown in the ocean, that makes little sense to be a complete rabbit hole. Maybe make it where you can choose to go alone or not like some other careers.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited June 2019
    Best
    Sulani, Swimmable Ocean, Actual Water Transportations

Worst
    Conservationist Career, like ughhh, can't even clean my room myself and i dont want something in game that reminds about the worse things in the planet.
    y'all got bread?
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    The best: The world, swimming in the ocean, tanning.
    The worst: The fact that trash spawns in the island, I wish there's a cheat to turn that off.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Best: Ocean, Mermaids, and Dolphins
    Worst: No deep diving
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Best: Mermaids. Cleaning up the beach.
    Worst: No underwater swimming.
    It takes away from the mermaids that they only swim on the surface. Some people even wanted the ability to build houses underwater, I never expected that, but I would have liked to swim around the ocean floor at least.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Best: Mermaids, boats, lot traits

Worst: Rabbit holes....
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I can see why deep diving is a rabbit hole but lifeguards? I mean if sims can sim a drown in the ocean, that makes little sense to be a complete rabbit hole. Maybe make it where you can choose to go alone or not like some other careers.

I'm ok with the fisherman career and diver career being a rabbit hole because we can do those jobs without the jobs being there, but the lifegaurd... honestly they should of just added another job that made more sense for rabbit hole game play.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited June 2019
    Best: Mermaids
    Worst: Diving being a rabbit hole, no underwater swimming
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Best: the world. It's awesome. It's Windenburg awesome.

Worst: mermaids and spirits. Just not my type of play.
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Best: It's a new EP and brings new features to my game!

Worst: New bugs that it brings to my game.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

Worst: that boat I saw throwing petals at the ocean, what was that? Haha also flame on jet skis?! I'm not to fond of butterflies flying around when the beach is super clean, feels a little to Disney like for me.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    well i wanted surfing, but i think of putting a sim on a surf board sounds like it might be alitttle hard to accomplish so im alright with it.
    i really wanted hula dancing though. so disappointment there.
    have thoughts and plans for the islands thought, so all good
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Best: volcano and the island environment
    Worst: some (missing) animations like getting on a water jet
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Best: Everything except...
    Worst: rabbit holes
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    Best: Monsoons!

Worst: Rabbitholes
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I'mma be boring:
    Best: Mermaids, I love me some occults, so having another to play with to add some fantastical variety to my stories is a great thing.
    I guess it would go without saying that I'm looking forward to the Magic pack that was mentioned, too.

Worst: Kinda hard, usually I'm disappointed by what an expansion DOESN'T bring, rather than what it does.
    Hmm... dirty beaches, I'd say, but then again that'd still fall under "what an expansion DOESN'T bring" in that apparently, it's always gonna be a thing, and not an "opt-in" sort of deal. Would've been nice to not have to worry about that if you weren't requiring it that very moment for the Conservationist career, but oh well, maybe it won't be that bad.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Best: Mermaids. Finally, they appealed to occult players who have been waiting 2.5 years for their type of play.

Worst: Mmm, I guess the fact that we're getting a third world in a row where it doesn't snow?
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Best: Mermaids. Finally, they appealed to occult players who have been waiting 2.5 years for their type of play.

Worst: Mmm, I guess the fact that we're getting a third world in a row where it doesn't snow?

Good ol' tropical snow.

Though maybe you can MAKE it snow if you make use of the weather control device.
    Doing that while a whole lot of Sims are swimming might have... interesting results, though.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Best: The world.
    Worst: Nothing.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Worst: Aqua jets
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Best: the world, swimming, can live there.
    Worst: Mermaids, dive lot rabbit holes, spirits