Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Island Living?

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I like it!
    I like it a lot. I just wish there was at least one lot rentable (just like in JA and OR). I am going to get it on a sale though since this game costs a fortune in my country.
    @DoloresGrey How much does it cost for you?

About 1000 CZK. It is the same price in all the countries though the economics is obviously different in USA or Czechia or IDK... India for an exmaple. The average salary here is about 30 000 CZK (mothly). Our monthly apartment rent is about 11 000 CZK. I don't know it just seems (to me) like a lot of money for an expansion.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I love it! I’m going to buy it the day it releases.
    I pre-ordered on Saturday! Gimme gimme gimme! :D
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Super excited. I've wanted my sims to live on the beach since day 1 of the sims 4. Already preordered.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I’m fine with it.
    I get mermaids and people finally get their tropical pack, sounds decent enough to me. I don't have any use for the pack besides mermaids and making Moana and Ariel though, I'm really not into tropical things. All of the furniture will probably remain unused. So I'll be waiting until Realm of Magic comes out so I can bundle.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Getting this one the day it comes out. The new life state (I love occult states), the islands that remind me of my family, the beauty of the world, ocean swimming, building lots over the water, and honestly those two pretty lounge chairs and towels. There are a few things I would have liked a little different but not enough to put me off this beauty.
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    I love the features, cas, build/buy and the world. I love the tropical island theme. It will suit my playstyle well I think :smiley:
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'll probably pre-order.

I'm very happy with what I'm seeing. Shocked by the volcano and the sea animal interactions; those are new. I think it will be an EP that will help round the Sims4 a bunch. I had hoped the ball spitting out of the volcano was a dragon, but I guess not. It looks really amazing. It looks really colorful, and playing with the sea animals will be a nice touch, maybe later after the newness wears off seeing what it is like living near the volcano, swimming as humans and mermaids, diving(will come in handy around pools), checking out the beach trash(which hopefully has message in a bottle <3 ), the spirits look interesting, and playing with kids/toddlers on the beach will be a fun new addition. Not heard what we can do in the waterfall, but really excited it has some play options(wish there was a treasure back there behind it). Love that they are bringing back kelp for instant mermaids. The team did an excellent job on this pack. Some of the stuff below might be something to think about in future water packs. <3

Wish the bathing suits were a little cuter like some of the cc from Sims3
    Wish they hadn't left out hotels and houseboats. Houseboats would've been really nice. I lived in them only in Island Paradise.
    Hammocks would've been a new sleep style, maybe fern mat bed, exlarge blanket for toddlers, sims, or bums to sleep on the beach on
    Hope you can sleep on those towels
    Really needed a toddler boat to take them out in the ocean and in pools and later infants could use it as well
    Infants being freed would've been nice because I'm guessing you go on vacation without them, which families don't really do
    I wish they had a second version of the yardsale table from Jungle Adventures, maybe with ferns on top and native selling their wares

Now just need Farming and Uni.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Meh.
    It looks nice and all, but that's mainly what it does to me. Looks nice.

Like a lot of things in The Sims 4 it feels like they mainly focus on gimmicks and niche things, making the gameplay and versatility suffer. Sure there will be mermaids and other things, it just feels so....little.
    I wish there was more activities and features. Like hotel and other vacation things for those who doesn't want their sims to live there, or just magically travel to some tropical islands for a date. I also doubt many of the islands' features will work outside Sulani. Like walking into the water on the other world maps as an example.
    Would be nice with more boats aswell since they are island, such as houseboats.

I'd likely only get it if I find it on sale sometime later.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I was indifferent about the pack when the renders leaked, but after the trailer and EA Play presentation, I immediately pre-ordered it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I will buy this ASAP. Maybe pre-order.
    I won't START it until the mods catch up, but...

As I have said before I am super-hyped for this. As much as most of you were for Seasons.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I am not pre-ordering, mainly because I have never understood what possible advantage pre-ordering gets you, but I intend on downloading this as soon as I can afford it.

Gameplay isn't my jam as much these days, but I love the look of almost all of the build/buy items. There seems to be a lot of them. They look like they will fit in well with several of my favorite packs and with several of my favorite build styles. I am ecstatic about the world. My only complaints on first glance are that I would have liked a 64 x 64 lot and I would have liked a few more lots, but otherwise....

WE WANTS IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like it!
    I didn't want this kind of pack theme in particular but it's looking quite nice. I like the volcano, lots with water and all the activities.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I like it!
    I like this ill buy it not right away maybe the end of the month, right am broke at the moment.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member
    There are so many things that I am excited about in this pack. I wish they included hotels, but really with everything we're getting in this pack, I'm not too upset. I'm particularly excited about the new build mode objects and new island related outfits and hairstyles. Plus, obviously mermaids. And the terrain looks beautiful, and the interactive ocean sound exciting. Basically, I am currently living and breathing for this pack. I really hope it's as good as it looks.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Okay, I just preordered so I chose wrong, lol.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited June 2019
    I like it!
    I like it, especially the mermaids. I might buy it the day it releases, but Target sometimes has sales for new packs ~2 weeks after they release so I'm thinking about waiting till then.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    It's the one I've been waiting for.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I'd like to buy it the day it releases, but I can't afford to right now. I'll probably get it next month.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • YouYou Posts: 123 Member
    edited June 2019
    Meh.
    Where are the resorts? is my question.

I’ll probably buy it during a sale or something.
    I'm you.
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    I like it!
    I love it, but I'll wait for it to go on sale.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I’m fine with it.
    I intend on buying it and expect to enjoy it. I hope to be pleasantly surprised and love it. But if not it will hopefully keep me occupied until the pack I really want comes out this fall.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Can see myself using this pack often and a lot of the build/buy items and CAS. I'm happy there's quite a number of things I can use outside of Sulani too.

-Floaties for pools (can't wait to use them for community lots)
    -Beach towels for sims to lounge on and tan
    -Lounge chairs (even getting some for a base game patch as well)
    -New recipes
    -New harvestables
    -Sims kissing in the water
    -New careers/Adults able to do teen part-time jobs (also coming in a patch)

Nice ideal place for sims to go take a honeymoon or even have a nice beach wedding (since there's a new wedding arch). Pretty excited for mermaids too. The ones in S3 were so boring swimming around in a open area and not having much else to do was pretty meh, but seeing these ones have powers can endanger other times and lure them with their voice as well as their tail coming out of the tum while they bathe? So nice.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I’m fine with it.
    The laziness of this pack compared to Island paradise is actually staggering. And now I'm starting to feel less and less happy with sims 4.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • MizzSammii3MizzSammii3 Posts: 26 Member
    I don’t really like it that much.
    For the most part, it's a cool pack, but it's not something that I'd go and buy just because I get a beach and get to clean up the beach and go tiki-bar hopping and such.

However, throw in the mermaids, and now my interest is piqued. It really depends how much content the mermaid aspect brings, though. If it's literally just "hey I turn into a half-fish when I touch water," then I'm probably not going to waste my money on this pack... but if the mermaids have more to them (like magical elements that affect other things), then I might consider it.

I'll probably watch some mermaid playthrough videos on YouTube before considering buying this pack... to make sure I get my interest / money's worth.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    You wrote: »
    Where are the resorts? is my question.

I’ll probably buy it during a sale or something.

On another island. That's not the expansion, or worlds, they wanted to make. Nor would it have been one I would have wanted to play. Quite frankly I am a little surprised about the jetskis, most places over here ban them for being a danger to the water life AND a danger to other people.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek