Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Just learned today that kids can snorkel

You can woohoo in the waterfall

Tan lines are happening according to the clothes they worn
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Aqua-Zips can be bought from a vending machine and stored in a Sims personal inventory.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    Did you know?

During waterfall woohoo the music is different. It sounds tropical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Gamerlil wrote: »
    What's an aqua zip

Jet Ski
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    When a mersim (I only know this happens in human form, unsure about mersim form) blows on a conch shell, you can call all other mersims to join you and when they are near you, will do a little happy dance and your sim will respond in kind.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    When a mersim (I only know this happens in human form, unsure about mersim form) blows on a conch shell, you can call all other mersims to join you and when they are near you, will do a little happy dance and your sim will respond in kind.

Do we know if it's only other mersims on the same lot or in the immediate area that show up? Deligracy showed this in one of her videos and the only mermaid that appeared was the one on the lot.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    The welcome wagon on the island brings a bowl of Kava rather than the dreaded fruitcake. Nice touch.

I've actually had several sims who enjoy fruitcake!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Dogs can swim in the ocean too
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    That you can tan or burn any world as long as the pack is installed and what you wear or pranks pulled can affect those tan lines? Also, cc needs proper alpha channels for it to work properly and any skin besides fantasy skin tones can tan or burn.

Also apparently they fixed the ceiling fans so you can turn them off, on and cool sims down.

Info from Rachybop and SimsVIP.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but what do they mean by alpha channels? And how do you know you have the proper alpha channel?
    edited June 2019
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Cool I didn't know that.
    JadedJane wrote: »
    That you can tan or burn any world as long as the pack is installed and what you wear or pranks pulled can affect those tan lines? Also, cc needs proper alpha channels for it to work properly and any skin besides fantasy skin tones can tan or burn.

Also apparently they fixed the ceiling fans so you can turn them off, on and cool sims down.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but what do they mean by alpha channels? And how do you know you have the proper alpha channel?

Meshes.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Did you know there's a new wedding arch in IP?

Can have that perfect beach wedding now. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Did you know this would be the first world that includes 6 buildable lots in one neighborhood. The maximum lot numbers we have prior are always 5.
    y'all got bread?
    Did you know that mermaids can actually drown humans?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

Yep, and I really LOVE that. I am curious if you have a evil sim that's a mermaid will they try to do it autonomously?
    5vJrxmT.png

They can also drown other mermaids as well.
    Did You Know?
    You can equip Jet Skis with Lights.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Even though I plan to have a siren drowning men all the time, I hope that evil Merfolk don’t drown people without my say so. She’s going to be in the same save file as my main family (That Family includes the sim that’s my avatar), and when I’m not playing as her and instead of my main family it would be a mess if she killed one of them. I’m already heavily attached to them, and plan to have them have kids after their wedding that will be on the beach at night. You also can’t resurrect drowned sims, so I’d be heartbroken if my main family died by her.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Even though I plan to have a siren drowning men all the time, I hope that evil Merfolk don’t drown people without my say so. She’s going to be in the same save file as my main family (That Family includes the sim that’s my avatar), and when I’m not playing as her and instead of my main family it would be a mess if she killed one of them. I’m already heavily attached to them, and plan to have them have kids after their wedding that will be on the beach at night. You also can’t resurrect drowned sims, so I’d be heartbroken if my main family died by her.

Sounds like a good story to me!
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

Did you know you can host a "KAVA PARTY" which you make and drink kava .....however too much kava can cause extreme EXTREME relaxation :*;)
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member

Did you know it's two new traits child of the islands and child of the ocean <3
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,420 Member
    edited June 2019
    JadedJane wrote: »

Sims clothing basically consists of several parts. First you have the 3D shape, called a mesh. Then you have the texture that is wrapped around it, this is a 2D image. The alpha channel is part of the cc item and is used to control the transparency of the texture. More transparent means more see-through, in the context of sims clothing more transparent means you see the skin underneath the clothing. Apparently the game will use alpha channels to determine the pattern of a sunburn.

So it is possible cc clothing needs to be updated to allow sunburns. Depends on the cc item in question. But as the pack is not yet released, I have no idea if most cc will work or not.